2010 Charger 3.5 - Page 5

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2010 Charger 3.5

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,349 Times in 4,476 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Re: 2010 Charger 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
    The LS4 W-Bodies? The LX Hemis should outrun those.
    The one 5.7 test I've seen show about even acceleration figures through the 1/4.

14.4 @99 Hemi; 14.3 @98 5.3.
    5.9 0-60 Hemi; 5.7 GXP.
    SEP 2004 C&D; OCT 2005 C&D. Close enough for government work.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Dweller View Post
    I would hope at 370 HP they're significantly faster.
    Yes, I stand corrected, the 6.2 Hemi should be a bit quicker.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    The one 5.7 test I've seen show about even acceleration figures through the 1/4.

5.9 0-60 Hemi; 5.7 GXP.
    The 06-08 Hemis would duck under 14, something I haven't seen the LS4 cars do anywhere. *shrugs*

And THEN you have the 09-10 Hemis, not to mention the available Super Track Pack with a shorter drive.

Edit: Not that I'm saying the Hemis just rule and the LS4s stand no chance up to the quarter mile. C&D's best times for each were:

Pontiac/Dodge
    0-60: 5.7/5.6
    1/4 Mile: 14.3 @ 98/14.2 @ 101
    0-130: 30.9/26.0

It's also worth mentioning that they didn't test the updated Hemi with its extra power and torque, much less one with the Super Track Pack. They also tested a 300C at 0-60 in 5.3 with a 13.9 quarter.

Last edited by Amphibian; 09-25-2010 at 12:35 AM.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 PA Dweller's Avatar
    Thanks

5.9 0-60 Hemi; 5.7 GXP.
    Wow I can't believe it. Amphibian is probably right and they tested the older Hemi but it still shocking that it's that close.

Yes, I stand corrected, the 6.2 Hemi should be a bit quicker.
    I think you mean the 6.4L.
    Can you guess what he's going to do with the big fist? Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2018 CTS Luxury, 86 Vette

Just rented a Charger SXT 3.5 for eight days in Florida. Yup, the seats are pretty bad. The dash was ehh. The car handled pretty well but was more "floaty" than I expected. Steering feel was average. The 3.5 had decent power but the four speed automatic took a real hard push to get a downshift. There was decent room. Overall I liked it but nowheres near as much as my (now traded) 07 CTS. Of course they don't directly compete in the market. I do like the exterior style. It's a car I would consider with AWD and in a better trim for purchase in the future with the updated V6 (or the V8) and the new tranny.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by PA Dweller View Post
    Wow I can't believe it. Amphibian is probably right and they tested the older Hemi but it still shocking that it's that close.

I think you mean the 6.4L.
    You have to remember that Amphibians are one stage up from reptiles, so it's no surprise that he's probably right.

OK, 6.4, what's 12 c.i. between GMI homies?

Quote Originally Posted by nferr View Post
    Just rented a Charger SXT 3.5 for eight days in Florida. Yup, the seats are pretty bad. The dash was ehh. The car handled pretty well but was more "floaty" than I expected. Steering feel was average. The 3.5 had decent power but the four speed automatic took a real hard push to get a downshift. There was decent room. Overall I liked it but nowheres near as much as my (now traded) 07 CTS. Of course they don't directly compete in the market. I do like the exterior style. It's a car I would consider with AWD and in a better trim for purchase in the future with the updated V6 (or the V8) and the new tranny.
    Yeah, that seat was still talking to me a week later.

I'm curious about driving a 'boo 2.4/6-speed. I bet it has better torque feel, and it might actually give the Charger a good run.
    Too bad they don't use the 3.5 in the Malibu, even with 211 HP/TQ, with a 6-speed it should run nicely and I bet would have far better torque feel than the 3.5 Charger.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 PA Dweller's Avatar
    Thanks

You have to remember that Amphibians are one stage up from reptiles, so it's no surprise that he's probably right.

Heh indeed. 12 c.i. ain't nothing but a thang.

Seriously though I thought you were referencing the SRT-8 and not the R/T because the SRT-8 has the 6.1 Hemi and the R/T has the 5.7 Hemi. Just wanted to make sure I was understanding you correctly.
    Can you guess what he's going to do with the big fist? Hidden Content

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Smaart Aas Saabr's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, that seat was still talking to me a week later.

I'm curious about driving a 'boo 2.4/6-speed. I bet it has better torque feel, and it might actually give the Charger a good run.
    Too bad they don't use the 3.5 in the Malibu, even with 211 HP/TQ, with a 6-speed it should run nicely and I bet would have far better torque feel than the 3.5 Charger.
    We are talking that crappy 3500 engine in the same breath as a Charger? Dayum!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2018 CTS Luxury, 86 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by Smaart Aas Saabr View Post
    We are talking that crappy 3500 engine in the same breath as a Charger? Dayum!
    I don't know. Like I said I rented a 3.5 Charger all last week in Florida. Today I drove our 3.5 Malibu Maxx to work. The power seemed fairly similar. And the 3.5 Malibu is also saddled with a four speed automatic. The Charger felt a little quicker but not by a significant amount. My 07 CTS with the 3.6 and the five speed automatic felt much quicker than the Charger. And I know the power output is supposedly very similar.

Thanks
    My Ride

Old thread revival. Needed a memory refresher on the last-gen Charger.

Quote Originally Posted by knightfan26917 View Post
    Sounds like you like it!

The last few years, I've requested a Charger whenever I rent ... and have enjoyed it every time.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Rt 66+northwestUS, 2011?
    MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
    "If you fall, I will catch you" ... Cindy Lauper ... 'Time After Time'
    Anyone seen Cort lately?

Quote Originally Posted by nferr View Post
    I don't know. Like I said I rented a 3.5 Charger all last week in Florida. Today I drove our 3.5 Malibu Maxx to work. The power seemed fairly similar. And the 3.5 Malibu is also saddled with a four speed automatic. The Charger felt a little quicker but not by a significant amount. My 07 CTS with the 3.6 and the five speed automatic felt much quicker than the Charger. And I know the power output is supposedly very similar.
    We remember bad seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
    The 06-08 Hemis would duck under 14, something I haven't seen the LS4 cars do anywhere. *shrugs*

And THEN you have the 09-10 Hemis, not to mention the available Super Track Pack with a shorter drive.

Edit: Not that I'm saying the Hemis just rule and the LS4s stand no chance up to the quarter mile. C&D's best times for each were:

Pontiac/Dodge
    0-60: 5.7/5.6
    1/4 Mile: 14.3 @ 98/14.2 @ 101
    0-130: 30.9/26.0

It's also worth mentioning that they didn't test the updated Hemi with its extra power and torque, much less one with the Super Track Pack. They also tested a 300C at 0-60 in 5.3 with a 13.9 quarter.

Has that thing got a Hemi?
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Hidden Content

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information