'Vibe' Entry Trim Level - Part of My Ideal Lineup

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 'Vibe' Entry Trim Level - Part of My Ideal Lineup

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 GTO QSM

'Vibe' Entry Trim Level - Part of My Ideal Lineup

So, having posted an entry-level performance model thread for a few Chevy's, I'd like to also introduce you to my suggested new entry trim level, Vibe.

It is a literal bare-bones trim, especially by todays standards. But it's a way to offer a fire-sell pricing structure to entice younger (and older, too, if they desire) customers who could not otherwise attain these models new. While, true, these vehicles are unlikely to make a penny of profit for the brand, the idea is two-fold here:

1. Get young buyers into the Chevy fold, ideally allowing them to begin growing with the brand, into - down the road - better equipped Chevy's, or even up the ranks into Buick's, GMC's, and Cadillac's.
    2. Grow market share, get the bragging numbers out there against Toyota, VW, Ford, etc as well as looking impressive for investors.

Now, without further ado...

Spark & Sonic Vibe - $9,950 & $11,450
    Sure, it does have the federally mandated safety features. But that's about it. A plastic DIN cover, allowing for only a Bluetooth connection to the six speakers - skips any sort of radio or infotainment center, but does allow for future customization - buyers can option that up, of course, if they prefer getting Chevrolet equipment instead of going to their local Best Buy, Car Toys, etc... assuming they can afford it. Also, standard is manual everything, except mirrors. Windows, doors, seats, all manually operated. And wheels? 15" steel wheels with covers. Bumpers? The basic unpainted black plastic, same for mirrors.

This is absolutely a bare minimum features type vehicle, but with it comes extremely low pricing... How many other cars can you get, brand new with an excellent warranty for so little cash?

Cruze Vibe - $14,950
    Essentially the above, with the exception of 16" alloys and painted bumpers to allow for a more upscale looking exterior.
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2005 QSM GTO with M6

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > QSM GTO

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmericanRevolution For This Useful Post:

2b2 (09-29-2015),t-rex (09-29-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) t-rex's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 Jaguar XF, 2009 Ford Flex

Re: 'Vibe' Entry Trim Level - Part of My Ideal Lineup

It actually costs more for the manufacturer to make separate black and body-coloured bumper fascias, so you're probably better off with stock items. And no wheelcovers. Go with a pressed steel item with an interesting design.

Sad reality is, though, that the really expensive items on new cars are all the safety and "nanny" gizmos that buyers simply aren't willing to give up. Even in some third-world countries, buyers won't forego safety for a low sticker price. Nissan totally botched the re-launch of Datsun in South Africa by not allowing buyers to choose which safety items to add. You either got a dirt-cheap death trap, or all the safety gizmos at a not-such-a-bargain price.

2b2
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 2b2's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 'Vibe' Entry Trim Level - Part of My Ideal Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanRevolution View Post
    ...A plastic DIN cover, allowing for only a Bluetooth connection to the six speakers - skips any sort of radio or infotainment center, but does allow for future customization - buyers can option that up, of course, if they prefer getting Chevrolet equipment instead of going to their local Best Buy, Car Toys, etc... assuming they can afford it...

sounds a bit like my reco for just docking (compat)ability for "bring-along tech"
    re: EV styling
    "...like a bunch of 1960's Citroen designers would do given LSD and a room full of Pokemon....in a good sort of way"
    Hidden Content best fanboy def Ever
    " 4: Oh. My. God!!! My favorite shade of white!!!!! "

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information