Two 2014 Malibu LS content deletions?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two 2014 Malibu LS content deletions?

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Two 2014 Malibu LS content deletions?

Hey guys. Dealer here. I noticed something that has not been discussed here on GMI in regards to the Malibu LS.

First, the 2013 model had a Piano Black bezel around the base radio. This has been replaced with dull grey plastic. It looks awful now. The rest of the interior is nice and the cup holders are usable again, but this radio looks out of place now.

Second, every single 2014 LS on my lot does not have XM radio. I don't have the brochure to check to see if this is an oversight on the first models built or what. However if you go to Chevrolet.com and look at the LS model, you'll see SiriusXM listed in the standard features. I have about 20 units on hand and new ones arriving every day, not a single one has SiriusXM.

What happened here? The radio as far as I can tell is exactly the same. Same size, same basic features etc... just no XM and I really can't find a valid reason for the Piano Black being replaced.

When I first started selling the 2013 Model, people liked the look and feel of the interior. However, showing the new 2014 LS, I have gotten a few complaints about the way the radio looks. Nothing earth shattering and I haven't lost a sale over it, but it is noticed by our customers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

Re: Two 2014 Malibu LS content deletions?

Are these real retail LS models or is this a Fleet LS model?
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Silverado 1500 Z71

Looking at the order guide...http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NAS...age=7&butID=16

1LS(retail) and 1LF(fleet) do not get XM and it is not an option either. Standard on 1LT and up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nova Omega Ventura Apollo gets you NOVA, genius isn't it?

Occupy Wall Streeters should go occupy their homes...or a job...

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman1970 View Post
    Are these real retail LS models or is this a Fleet LS model?
    Retail.

Quote Originally Posted by newdude View Post
    Looking at the order guide...http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NAS...age=7&butID=16

1LS(retail) and 1LF(fleet) do not get XM and it is not an option either. Standard on 1LT and up.
    Odd. The Chevy website shows standard on LS. Who screwed up here?
    http://www.chevrolet.com/malibu-mid-...ecs/trims.html

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    First mistake...relying on Chevy's website for accurate information.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 GMC Terrain SLT

You're right, I just saw a picture of the dash with the gray radio and it looks much worse than when it was black, it almost makes the black trim look like an uplevel radio, which I didn't think it looked in the first place.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,234 Times in 1,933 Posts

Am I the only one here that thinks it wierd that a dealer has to ask US for information??
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 chevydlrmn's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 Silverado Z71 6.2

Also from the order guide

Eco 2SA Equipment Group de-contented by the removal of the following standard items:
    (DD8) auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, (UVC) Rear Vision Camera, (UG1) Universal Home Remote, (UQA) Pioneer uplevel audio system,
    (AP9) cargo convenience net and (B83) body-color bodyside molding

New front grille/fascia design

(LKW) 2.5L engine iVVL and stop/start replaces the (LCV) 2.5L engine with VVT

Manual park brake replaces electronic park brake
    New console and front center armrest design with addition of 2 phone storage areas

Improved knee room and comfort in rear seat

(U2K) SiriusXM Satellite Radio no longer included on 1LS and 1FL

(KI6) 120-volt outlet now available in the (PCU) Premium Audio Package for the Eco model

Sunglasses holder deleted from overhead console

LS Graphite Silver Metallic trim replaces Dark Argent Metallic trim

LT and LTZ Agathis Black wood trim replaces Mystery Brown wood trim

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post

Am I the only one here that thinks it wierd that a dealer has to ask US for information??
    I'm not asking for information on the content. I'm asking why while showing that Chevy screwed up in their materials. I know my product. Thanks.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

They also deleted the overhead sun glasses holder which is stupid and annoying. That is the best place to stick them and protect them when you have others in the car.

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Accord Sport manual/2017/Red

Quote Originally Posted by newdude View Post

They're doing a BMW and making you buy an expensive package to get it.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,872 Times in 2,737 Posts
    My Ride
    2020 Pacifica Touring L Plus

They arent dumb. They deleted it because the percentage of people that actually buy a LS is probably in the 2% range and are they going to pay for sat radio?? Right.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

All models face equipment decontenting after the first couple years.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

At GM yes. Hyundai actually added std equipment to there Sonata by making alloy wheels standard and adding heated seats and fog lamps to the preferred equipment package on a base model car. There has been no de-contenting on the Sonata or Optima that I am aware of. They still have both rear seat back map pockets, a glove box light, lighted visor mirrors, overhead sun glasses holders, USB and Bluetooth and XM radio. The 2014 Malibu now loses XM and sun glasses holder and doesn't come with a USB port. How soon before they delete the glove box light and rear seat map pockets I wonder?

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ponchoman49 View Post
    At GM yes. Hyundai actually added std equipment to there Sonata by making alloy wheels standard and adding heated seats and fog lamps to the preferred equipment package on a base model car. There has been no de-contenting on the Sonata or Optima that I am aware of. They still have both rear seat back map pockets, a glove box light, lighted visor mirrors, overhead sun glasses holders, USB and Bluetooth and XM radio. The 2014 Malibu now loses XM and sun glasses holder and doesn't come with a USB port. How soon before they delete the glove box light and rear seat map pockets I wonder?
    same ol GM
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information