GM Inside News Forum banner

Traxinox

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cdp326 
#1 ·
I haven't seen any photos of these two side-by-side. Although, I guess Canada is the only market that sells both?
So for anyone who ever wanted to compare the two, my gift to you;

I can kinda see why they're not offering the Trax south of the boarder. Would be redundant to offer a 'shorter Equinox', for a segment that isn't exactly the most popular. Smarter to let the Encore have it's individuality.

It will be interesting when they merge these two into a single vehicle come their next generations.

See less See more
#2 ·
Not the most popular? Small crossovers are seeing a lot of growth and the Equinox does well as it is, it should only broaden Chevy's appeal. This segment is relatively new but you've got two competitors going on sale soon, the Jeep Renegade and Honda HR-V/Vezel, on top of the Juke.

Think some have rumored that the Trax for U.S. might be shown at the NY show this week though.

Don't think there's any plans for these to merge, that's the Captiva/Sport line that is to basically merge with the Equinox into one global product, with the Trax still below it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.