Traverse LTZ - 8 passenger seating

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traverse LTZ - 8 passenger seating

Thanks

Traverse LTZ - 8 passenger seating

Can anyone explain to me why the Traverse LTZ cannot be configured with the 8 passenger seating, when both the Acadia and Enclaves top end models can be? My wife and I really wanted a Traverse LTZ, but we need the 8 passenger seating due to 3 kids in car seats and the need for the cargo space in the back. However, certain options we also need (like memory driver seat) are only available in LTZ trim, and not LT2.
    Last edited by zeobandit; 07-20-2011 at 11:27 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Michael_S's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Traverse LTZ - 8 passenger seating

Have you tried to fit all three child seats across the second row bench in the Acadia or Enclave? I would be surprised if they all fit.

If cargo capacity is really important, I humbly suggest you consider a used Suburban or a minivan. The Traverse/Acadia/Enclave are the most spacious crossover SUVs you can buy, but one of the bigger minivans like the Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna or one of the larger body-on-frame SUVs like the Chevy Suburban or extended length Ford Expedition still beat them solidly for total interior space.

We have a Ford Flex and a Honda Odyssey and we always take the Odyssey on vacation. There's six of us plus a lot of luggage, and all of it won't fit in the Flex.

Thanks

No way will we ever buy a minivan. Both the wife and I agree. I also refuse to own a Toyota. Plus, we get $1500 off GM cars with our GM card.

We are also considering a Suburban or a 8 passenger Tahoe. We already own a 08 Tahoe LTZ (7 pass) and love it, but we don't really want two of the same car. The sticker prices on Suburbans get scary in LTZ trim and my wife isn't too sure she would be comfortable driving it (we need to test drive to see how she likes it).

We like the Traverses/Acadias/Enclaves more, so would prefer to go that route (assuming the car seats fit).

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeobandit View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why the Traverse LTZ cannot be configured with the 8 passenger seating, when both the Acadia and Enclaves top end models can be? My wife and I really wanted a Traverse LTZ, but we need the 8 passenger seating due to 3 kids in car seats and the need for the cargo space in the back. However, certain options we also need (like memory driver seat) are only available in LTZ trim, and not LT2.
    Did Chevrolet change it for 2011? Friends of mine have a 2009 Traverse LTZ with the second-row bench seat. We just bought a used Enclave with the captains chairs but when we were looking for it we drove a few with the bench seat. You shouldn't have any trouble fitting 3 car seats on the bench, so maybe consider the Acadia or Enclave (or look for a used Traverse).

Thanks

No way will we ever buy a minivan. Both the wife and I agree.
    I hear that a lot, but I think your sense of style is misplaced. Sure a minivan looks silly. But the people who see you in it aren't going to spend even 5 minutes of their entire lives thinking, "Boy what a dweeb, he owns a minivan!" Is it worth basing a purchase decision on something that insignificant?

A base trim Traverse LTZ has the same features as a Honda Odyssey EX-L, and even with your $1500 discount the Odyssey EX-L is cheaper. The Traverse has better looks, a longer warranty, 20 inch rims and 1700 pounds higher tow capacity.

The Odyssey is rated 1 mpg better city, 3 mpg better highway, is only half a second slower to 60 mph, has a full 12 inches of more total leg room (0.4 inches less in the front row, 4 inches more in the second row, 9 inches more in the third row), a second row wide enough to fit 3 car seats across (8.2 inches more hip room in the second row versus the Traverse), twice as much cargo capacity behind the third row seats, power sliding doors, equal crash test scores at www.iihs.org, slightly better crash test scores at www.safercar.gov, and a lower rollover risk.

Although to be fair, there's minivans, and then there's the new Nissan Quest. On paper it's pretty competent, but even as someone who doesn't care too much how ugly my car is, I just can't see myself driving one. They took unpleasant-looking to a whole new level.

I don't mean to be too much of a pain. It's a free country, buy what you want. But I think GM and Ford are foolish for not offering a good minivan. I wouldn't want an Uplander or Freestar because I drove them and they were mediocre. But our 2007 Odyssey is decent and even though I test drove a Traverse a few times, it just doesn't compare for usefulness.

Thanks

Sorry. Will never own a minivan (or anything made by Toyota or Honda). I can't stand minivans, and both company's designs are boring and bland as heck.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,269 Times in 4,017 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Sorry. Will never own a minivan (or anything made by Toyota or Honda). I can't stand minivans, and both company's designs are boring and bland as heck.
    I think the Quest looks OK

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2011-...#photo-3691218
    Last edited by mbukukanyau; 07-20-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks

Sorry. Will never own a minivan
    This I disagree with, but I respect your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by zeobandit
    (or anything made by Toyota or Honda).
    I don't mind owning a Honda, I'll never own a Toyota.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you have against the Acadia? Problem solved.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

Buick > GMC > Chevrolet
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrCritical View Post
    What do you have against the Acadia? Problem solved.
    Have no problems with the Acadia, which is why we are talking to a GMC/Buick dealer. However, we have a very good relationship with our Chevy dealer (bought 3 cars from them, and they do all our service), and I am bummed that we can't get the Traverse optioned the way we want, especially when you can get an Acadia and Enclave optioned properly. That just doesn't make much sense to me.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Have no problems with the Acadia, which is why we are talking to a GMC/Buick dealer. However, we have a very good relationship with our Chevy dealer (bought 3 cars from them, and they do all our service), and I am bummed that we can't get the Traverse optioned the way we want, especially when you can get an Acadia and Enclave optioned properly. That just doesn't make much sense to me.
    Tell your dealer that you want the Traverse LTZ but you want to order the Acadia second-row bench. The leather finishes are the same and the floor tracks are in the same location so it should bolt right in. Maybe he will give you an allowance for the captains chairs (althought I don't know where he could re-sell them).

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sklunk View Post
    Tell your dealer that you want the Traverse LTZ but you want to order the Acadia second-row bench. The leather finishes are the same and the floor tracks are in the same location so it should bolt right in. Maybe he will give you an allowance for the captains chairs (althought I don't know where he could re-sell them).
    LOL!

The only way a Chevy dealer could get an Acadia seat would be piece by piece. Nothing would be correct-anchors for the seats in the floor, seat belts, ect.
    Last edited by MrCritical; 07-21-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: ...

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I'm sure you could get something done to get the seat you wanted. (and I'd guess the acadia seat would fit just fine.)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrCritical View Post
    LOL!

The only way a Chevy dealer could get an Acadia seat would be piece by piece. Nothing would be correct-anchors for the seats in the floor, seat belts, ect.
    Nope -- the anchor locations for the Lambdas are all the same in the second row. The tracks in the floor for the SmartSlide system are identical. But I'm sure an entire second-row leather bench seat would not be cheap to buy.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information