Tail-Fins?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Tail-Fins?

Thanks

Tail-Fins?

If GM would just stop trying to make chevy like another company, it would get farther. It's not a lexus, lutz.
    What Chevrolet needs is a new Bel-Air mainly shaped after the 57' year, With tail-fins,...And this is the time to introduce this! The 02' BelAir Concept thourghly p*ssed me off. Bel-Air needs a tougher look than that garbage, and I hated the rear-end. If GM could design a new Bel-Air, Sales would surely skyrocket, I already have a pititeon (or however it's spelt) of 1,559 names in my neighborhood that would and can buy a new car and that would buy a new Bel-Air if it had Tail-Fins. GM, The time is now, You snooze you lose. but for christ sakes, don't make the price like a friggin' SSR or over $24,000... Then no one would buy it x_x

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Audi A3 Blue

Re: Tail-Fins?

I wouldn't say go "retro" with it, however, I would suggest a modern rendition of tail "fins"... making it blend in more, flow more with the body... but, yes, I'd agree... tail fins would be very nice... and I agree w/ you about the '02 BA concept... that was a p.o.s.
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2016 Audi A3

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > 2005 QSM GTO M6 > 2006 Mercury Milan Premier (debt free!) > 2016 Audi A3

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,002 Times in 4,805 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Re: Tail-Fins?

Amen, revolution57. It seems the "retro look" Chev is going after on their new Impala is 90s Taurus/Lumina/Maxima. Those are all extremely undistinguished styling exercises. No Guts No Glory, and the new Impala could have Maxima tags on it and nobody would blink it is so generic looking.
    Send GM the petition. I like the idea of a retro 57 look. Maybe they'll take that risk when their market share is about 15%. That should be about 2015 at the rate they're going.
    And right again about their pricing. They have too many corporate idiots running things, and if there was just one guy/gal who just finished econ 101 they could 'splain the stupidity of extreme over pricing with rebates. Things will change when Wal Mart buys GM. They understand pricing and how to treat customers. Honda has the Wal Mart corporate philosophy, GM more like K Mart. Pitiful.
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 01-09-2005 at 06:58 PM.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information