Stingray School Maximizes Corvette Driving Experience

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Stingray School Maximizes Corvette Driving Experience

GMI Staff Member Premium Member NoStopN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,451 Times in 1,434 Posts
    My Ride
    19 Ram, 69 GMC, 04 Alero

Stingray School Maximizes Corvette Driving Experience

Chevrolet offers discount to Ron Fellows driving course for new Corvette owners
    GMInsideNews.com
    March 26, 2014
    By: GMI Staff

PAHRUMP, Nev. – Chevrolet is helping owners get the most from their new Corvette Stingray through the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School. The two-day program is available to 2014 Corvette Stingray owners for $1,000 – a $1,500 reduction from the standard rate.

Developed and managed by legendary Corvette racer Ron Fellows, the performance driving performance-driving curriculum at Spring Mountain Motor Resort and Country Club in Pahrump, Nev. accommodates drivers of all skill levels.

“We designed the Corvette Stingray to make its owners better drivers through technologies such as the Driver Mode Selector, Active Rev Match, electronic limited-slip differential and more,” said Tim Mahoney, chief marketing officer, global Chevrolet. “Through the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School, they’ll learn to make the most of its technologies and delve deeper into the Corvette’s capabilities, resulting in a more exciting and fulfilling driving experience.”

The discount from Chevrolet is good for one year from the retail purchase of a new Corvette Stingray and applies only to the original owner. Only one attendee per vehicle is eligible for the discount. Attendees are responsible for the cost of travel and accommodations.

Owners do not have to bring their personal Stingray to Pahrump. The school uses a fleet of Corvette Stingrays for instruction.

“We are proud to be the official high-performance driving school for Chevrolet and the Corvette Stingray,” said Fellows. “Our goal is to ensure every driver leaves with enhanced driving skills, more confidence on the street and track and, most of all, a deeper understanding of his or her Corvette’s capabilities and how to safely enjoy the car to the fullest.”

Along with class instruction, participants will spend extensive time driving the Stingray on Spring Mountain’s world-class 2.2-mile road course where three levels of instruction cover novice track drivers to those with more experience.

“It’s more than simply going fast and learning when to turn and apply the throttle,” said Fellows. “Mind speed and decision-making are key elements in the high-performance world, and our car control exercises and on-track training will help drivers improve their ability to process information quickly and accurately, resulting in a better coordination of eyes, hands and feet to improve their driving skill. It’s great fun – and drivers will definitely challenge their limits to find the limits of the new Stingray.”

Fellows is recognized as one of North America’s most versatile and successful road-racing drivers. A charter member of Corvette Racing, Fellows was part of historic Corvette Racing victories at the Rolex 24 at Daytona, the 24 Hours of Le Mans and 12 Hours of Sebring. In 2011, Fellows was inducted into the Corvette Hall of Fame, located at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Ky.

Learn more here about the Spring Mountain Motor Resort and Country Club facility and the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School.

About Spring Mountain

Spring Mountain Motor Resort & Country Club is an independently owned and operated Nevada LLC, privately funded and headquartered in Pahrump, Nevada. Additional information about the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School can be obtained by calling toll free 800.391.6891 or by visiting www.racespringmountain.com.
    Last edited by NoStopN; 03-26-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    Hidden Content

I love you, Dad. 8/25/57-3/28/11

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    19 Ram, 69 GMC, 04 Alero

Re: Stingray School Maximizes Corvette Driving Experience

It's not often that a white car looks good, but you have the admit, the Stingray pulls it off very well.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,896 Times in 2,750 Posts
    My Ride
    2020 Pacifica Touring L Plus

Speedway White in a C6 is pretty awesome as well.

That's a great discount for sure though.
    Hidden Content

Hers:
    2020 Palisade SEL

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    1988 Corvette/1971 Corvette

The 14 Stingray is an amazing car....great deal on the driving school... Thought about selling my 71 and 88 then purchasing a new Stingray. I just like my older Vettes. Still a tough decision for me.
    Current rides.....

2017 Chevrolet SS
    2017 Cadillac Escalade
    2017 Ford Fusion SE
    2001 Infiniti I30t
    1988 Chevrolet Corvette 35th Anniversary
    1971 Chevrolet Corvette 454 4spd Coupe

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 CaptainDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 772 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoStopN View Post
    It's not often that a white car looks good, but you have the admit, the Stingray pulls it off very well....
    Not too bad. But it would help if they painted the A Pillars to match the car. Along with all the odds-and-ends patchwork of black vents.

Oh well, at least we can make them match by ordering the car in black.

Although I prefer the Lime Rock Green.
    Last edited by CaptainDan; 03-27-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    '16 Chevy SS
    a 4 door Camaro

Thanks
    My Ride
    19 Ram, 69 GMC, 04 Alero

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDan View Post
    Not too bad. But it would help if they painted the A Pillars to match the car. Along with all the odds-and-ends patchwork of black vents.

Oh well, at least we can make them match by ordering the car in black.

Although I prefer the Lime Rock Green.
    LRG is still my preferred color, but I like the contrasting black scoops & vents on the white. The most important part; silver wheels. I would want the Z51 package, but not the black wheels.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 CaptainDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 772 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoStopN View Post
    LRG is still my preferred color, but I like the contrasting black scoops & vents on the white. The most important part; silver wheels. I would want the Z51 package, but not the black wheels.
    Using one, or maybe two, off color "items" may be seen as some sort of accent, but when you cover a car with styling "interuptions" you just end up with it looking like a supermodel wearing twenty bandaids. Ick.

I only like the black wheels on a black car, or the green because it is so close to black (there's a dark blue on the options list that could work too). Silver wheels look good on white cars because silver is close to white. I really don't care to color match the wheels on bright colored cars though. Somehow, it looks like a toy car then. Cheap looking.

I haven't seen a new Corvette in white (up close) so I don't know if it actually does look good. Most white cars don't. A great deal of the prototypes and pre-production cars are built in white because white is the best color to notice flaws (surface imperfections) in the car. Cadillac's Diamond White Tricoat, on the other hand, is different in that it has a pearly "depth" to it, and actually looks quite good. The Corvette's white looks to just be a no-cost bland "Arctic White".
    Last edited by CaptainDan; 03-28-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    '16 Chevy SS
    a 4 door Camaro

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information