Remote Start

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Remote Start

Walking
    Thanks

Remote Start

Hello all. Im new so please bare with me. I have an 04 Malibu LT and I'm curious as to why the vehicle came with a 5 button key fob (remote start), but did not come with the remote start feature? It does not have the RPO AP3 code, but it has the 5th button. Is it possible to add the remote start feature and if so, what's involved? Thank you for any and all help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,346 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

Re: Remote Start

I would assume someone got a 5 button remote and programmed it to the car
    as for adding remote start factory would be nearly impossible as you need to program features into the computer and doing so on a GM is almost impossible without expensive DEALER systems and even then maybe NOT going to happen
    you can get aftermarket systems where you use the factory remote

Walking
    Thanks
    The car came from the factory with the 5 button remote. I called a chevy dealer, gave them the vin # and they gave me the key fob. The car did not have any fobs when I bought it. I even tried to program a 4 button remote to the car using a SnapOn scan tool and it wouldn't take. I then did the 5 button and presto! I'm just curious what parts I would need to get the remote start up and running? I have access to the necessary computers to program the ecu.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks
    You mentioned aftermarket systems that utilize the OEM fob? Would you happen to have a part number or manufacturer?

Walking
    Thanks

Re: Remote Start

I don’t think it will succeed. With such a question, you need to contact programmers who can open the hidden settings of your machine.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information