Proble with an 06 chevy cobalt lt

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Proble with an 06 chevy cobalt lt

Walking
    Thanks

Proble with an 06 chevy cobalt lt

Hello,
    I have a problem with my chevrolet cobalt 06 for which I do not know what to do. Lately my car has been jittery. When I start the vehicle, after driving it for a while... A couple seconds, a message pops on the board which reads powersteering. After this message, when I come to a stop, the vehicle shakes widely (at times) then when I pick up speed, it shifts violently and thrusts me forward, for every change in gear. I went to a mechanic who told me, at first that he had fixed it, but now he acknowledges that the problem still persists. Here are the readings he was able to give me;
    P 0700
    U 0073
    U 2111
    U 0140
    I was wondering If some1 could explain this to me better and where and possibly how much can I b expected to spend in order to fix the problem
    Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Proble with an 06 chevy cobalt lt

If the vehicle has electric power steering, a clear title, and is under a certain mileage, there could be a special policy from GM on the power steering. Call Customer Assistance (number in owner's manual or warranty book) with your VIN and mileage. Could be a free repair.

Walking
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrCritical View Post
    If the vehicle has electric power steering, a clear title, and is under a certain mileage, there could be a special policy from GM on the power steering. Call Customer Assistance (number in owner's manual or warranty book) with your VIN and mileage. Could be a free repair.

I did, I went to the dealership, after reading the numerous complaints online and realized that there was a recall on the model.... The dealership changed the powersteering motor. To my surprise the problem did not go away

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Not a recall, but a special policy.

I believe the U codes are loss of communication?

Had an accident or been in deep water? Electrical/non OEM add ons? Remote start/alarm/sound system?

Walking
    Thanks

I did have a keyless entry installed not long ago. And yes, when I purchase the car, it had been in an accident. But it worked perfectly. Actually before the powersteering dismay comes on, there is an alarm indicator showing on the dashboard.

Walking
    Thanks

I meant, I had an alarm system installed in April, the problem first occurred in late mid or late May.

Thanks

The first thing I'd do is disconnect the alarm system. I'm guessing the accident involved the front of the vehicle?

If so, I'd make an informed guess and tell you one of the two is your problem.

Walking
    Thanks

In that case, i'll run to the place where I had the alarm system installed and ask that it be uninstalled. I'll also keep you updated.
    Thank you for your suggestion

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information