GM Inside News Forum banner

Passkey 3 2002 Venture

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  EvaaWilli 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 02 Venture. The key was lost and the kid whom I purchased it from tore the ignition apart trying to start it. Well apparently after totally wrecking the ignition he gave up. Then as all luck would have it, he found the key. So now it's my problem. My question is- can I just buy a new ignition and housing or just send it to the junk yard? I'm willing to do quite a bit to fix it because the van is in excellent condition. Thank you in advance for any help.

#2 ·
Depends on what you mean by wrecked. I believe the sensor for the PK3 is part of the lock cylinder housing. The parts to restore the cylinder and housing aren't dirt cheap but not so high to cause you to junk it. The cylinder would be coded to to the original using key codes so the key would also likely work on the doors. The vehicle will quickly and easily program the new key.

This work is best done by someone familiar with the vehicle or with access to a manual. It doesn't sound like something you would want to attempt on your own but a good small shop should be able to handle it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.