My Ideal SS Changes

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: My Ideal SS Changes

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Audi A3 Blue

My Ideal SS Changes

Ok, I've been hearing alot about "those crappy rims", the "boring design" of the Cobalt SS 4-door, etc.

Here's what I propose:
    Chevy should begin offering a variety of rims... 2-3 basic types (including the ones they have now) come standard, but the others should cost a little bit more. Also, Cobalt and Malibu SS rims should be standard 18", but cost more if the person wants 19's or 20's. (Remember, Cobalt SS=same target audience as the Civic Si, SRT-4, etc) The Impala SS rims should start at 19" and go up to 22" factory.

Duel exhaust on all SS models, from Cobalt up... 2, 4, or 5 door models. Duel exhaust outlets only!

The Cobalt SS 4 door should be far more aggressive... take tips from the coupe!

The Malibu SS should have the standard 240 HP engine, but option of a 280-300 HP turbo'd 6.

The Cobalt SS (2 and 4 door) should have an option to upgrade to AWD and 260+ HR turbo-charged off factory (or even an upgrade to a 275+ HP I5 engine).

The Impala SS should have an option to bump the HP to to 340 or so, if not more, and an option to add AWD as well.

The Malibu's interior needs to be completely scratched for the SS, with a new interior with a freshened design, all-new material, and Mazda/Honda Accord-level quality and sportiness.

Chevy should have an minited-production Equinox SS. It wouldn't necessarily be for market share, but rather a show of Chevy SS engineering and pioneering - there's no RAV4 or CRV sport version. This Equinox should come with a 300 HP I5 engine, an extremely taunt suspension, 20x10 rims, sporty interior and sports seats, and aggressive facial and updated/sportier rear hancho.

The next Silverado SS should be standard with regular cab, but extended and crew cabs can be optioned in. It should have a 7.0L+ engine pumping out a minimum of 450 HP, with AWD/4WD as an OPTION. No racing strips as they said in their All-Star game commercial. It should be understately aggressive. In-your-face, but not overwrought.

The Trailblazer SS I think should add a bit more aggressiveness to its design, and bump it up to an even 400 HP.

That's my take in a nutshell... ask me if ya want me to go more in depth or have any questions! Any comments/feedback is welcome!
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2016 Audi A3

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > 2005 QSM GTO M6 > 2006 Mercury Milan Premier (debt free!) > 2016 Audi A3

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Re: My Ideal SS Changes

One thing wrong with your theory. RIM SIZE. SS models should not come with larger than 18 and I'd probably say 17 at the largest. The larger the wheels the worse the performance (which is what SS stands for). Maybe they should make a pimped version of it as well with bigger wheels. But bigger wheels is not the answer to distinguishing the SS models. Save the money and go for smaller lighter alloys instead.

I had a 91 Cavalier with 14" alloys and steelies. The steelies were a lot harder to turn due to their weight.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MonteCarloSS86's Avatar
    Thanks

On the Impala and Monte Carlo SS models, make RWD standard AWD optional.

Maybe a cool paint scheme for the SS models? A stripe of some kind maybe? NOT racing stripes, something new and creative. I agree with Mischief, the wheels shouldn't be really big, they should create some sporty yet small wheels in CHROME.

As AmericanRevolution said, PERFORMANCE engines, that's why they call it an SS. Lots of horsepower and torque.

The interior should be just as sporty as the exterior, RE-DO ALL OF THEM and give them some SS some gages with the car's name and SS (ie "Monte Carlo SS") written on them. Give them some cool embroidered seats, a nice looking console and dash with brushed aluminum accents, a cool SS steering wheel should also be included. Rear Buckets should be an option too.

I probably mentioned some things that you said in the first place but heh, i was getting into it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    See Sig

I agree 100% with Mischief007 about the wheels. As far as the Silverado SS goes, I'm still hoping for that rumored ~500hp supercharged LS2.
    Current:
    2000 Corvette Convertible MN6 - Summer DD (CAI, LS6 intake mani, cam, valve springs, 25% UD Pulley, LT headers/X-pipe, C5Z06 Ti catback, C6Z51 anti-sway bars w/ custom heim joint end links, C6Z51 dampers, LG tunnel plate, Nitto NT05s)
    2013 Chevrolet Tahoe LT Z71
    1995 BMW M3 5 spd - Track toy - SOLD
    1998 Honda VFR800FI
    2005 Fleetwood Prowler 28' Travel Trailer
    Wife:
    2020 Equinox LT AWD

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Audi A3 Blue

Alright, point taken about the wheel size. But I like the idea of a pimped out version... though I wouldn't call it SS.
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2016 Audi A3

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > 2005 QSM GTO M6 > 2006 Mercury Milan Premier (debt free!) > 2016 Audi A3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rmodys
    On the Impala and Monte Carlo SS models, make RWD standard AWD optional.

Maybe a cool paint scheme for the SS models? A stripe of some kind maybe? NOT racing stripes, something new and creative. I agree with Mischief, the wheels shouldn't be really big, they should create some sporty yet small wheels in CHROME.

As AmericanRevolution said, PERFORMANCE engines, that's why they call it an SS. Lots of horsepower and torque.

The interior should be just as sporty as the exterior, RE-DO ALL OF THEM and give them some SS some gages with the car's name and SS (ie "Monte Carlo SS") written on them. Give them some cool embroidered seats, a nice looking console and dash with brushed aluminum accents, a cool SS steering wheel should also be included. Rear Buckets should be an option too.

I probably mentioned some things that you said in the first place but heh, i was getting into it.
    The Impala and MC won't be going RWD without a complete redesign on a new chassis. Probably something that won't be happening anytime soon.

An optional unique SS paint job would be pretty cool. Do something similar to Ford's Harley paint scheme, where it is only available on the SS.

Thanks

PS: Pimp Sport?

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

yeah personally for best results on a sedan I would go no Larger than 18" wheels.

Matt

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information