My ideal Chevy lineup (what do you think?) Update 10

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My ideal Chevy lineup (what do you think?) Update 10

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 GTO QSM

My ideal Chevy lineup (what do you think?) Update 10

CLICK HERE TO SEE CURRENT My Ideal Chevy Lineup 3.0 THREAD

Please feel free to comment and discuss this lineup, and what you think should be done!

Equipment List (Standard/Optional) for listed cars COMPLETED!
    Pictures

Aveo
    A small, fuel-efficient sub-compact, basically being what it is now, with the current models. Replace current engine with one that is more fuel-efficient. Offer diesel engine. Much improved interior in material, ergonomics, and overall design. Exterior is still "cute", but adds a touch of a dramatic look to it. Prices range from about $7,500-$13,000. Offer hybrid engine. Offered in coupe or sedan.
    Nomad
    Exactly as-is.
    Borrego
    Exactly as-is.
    Cobalt
    A fairly sporty, very luxurious premium compact car with the level of refinement and luxury, as well as standard equipment and the options that would almost put an Accord EX V6 (best of their Accord's) to shame. Up the interior quality a little more (less plastic, more luxury and better material). Far more dramatic, sleek, somewhat muscular, luxurious design that makes it a standout. Prices range from about $14,000-$17,000. Offers SS (ranging from $26,000-$28,000) model having a 2.5, high-output, turbo-charged I-5 with optional AWD with taunt and slightly lowered suspension as well as different fascial and wheels that make the appearance have an in-your-face design and attitude. Offered in coupe, hatch, and sedan. LTe (luxury version) offers extremely smooth ride, outstandingly quiet interior, and luxury you'd expect from Acura-level cars.
    Dégagé
    A very conservative, casually styled midsize sedan, relative in size to the Camry. Has more options, more luxurious interior, a little more power, and similar in price. I4 and V6 option. FWD. LTe comes completely loaded with everything. Priced from $17,000-$31,000. Extremely refined and comfortable. No SS.
    Bel Air
    The return of the Bel Air! This V-6 and V-8 powered, RWD (optional AWD) sedan is larger than the average midsized family car, but is smaller than the Chevelle and Impala in size. Relative in size to the '57 Bel Air. Extremely luxurious interior, very comfortable. Fully loaded, this car feels like, drives like, and is near the level of a C-class in refinement and equipment. The legendary "Power Pack" option in back on the Bel Air, which will put a 400 hp V-8 under the hood vs. the top of the line 350 hp V-8, and adds chrome tipped twin outlet duel exhaust (over the basic duel exhaust) and a little bit of aluminum trimming inside. Sport Pack is also avaliable, which will beef up the suspension, lower the car slightly, and give the car a bit more aggressive fascial instead of a sweeping, dramatic, "LOOK AT ME!" look. Priced between $19,000 base and $35,000 fully loaded with the two packs ($30,000 without Sport Pack). Sedan, Coupe, Convertible. Built to absolutely kill the midsized competition and return Chevy's '55-'57 heritage of offering everything the competition does and doesn't with a common-mans price. LTe (luxury version) offers extremely soft-riding suspension and more comfortable ride, as well as a full list of standard luxury options.
    Chevelle/El Camino
    Based off of the Chevy SS concept design (many of the ideas, such as the sleekness, the bulging fenders, and the tail lights, among many other things, are carried over), it is a very aggressive and in-your-face, very bold styling, RWD, V-8 powered car starting at around $18,000 and go up to around $35,000. All-out performance muscle car. Base engine is a 300-325 hp V8, SS offers a 450-hp or so V-8. Offered in coupe (normal and convertible) as well as sedan. El Camino is a Chevelle with the Camino rear end.
    Monte Carlo
    Fitting just below the Chevelle in size, this RWD, V-8 powered coupe stays true to its heritage. GT-like ride and performance. A bold and understatedly aggressive design. Some styling cues from Chevy SS concept. Priced from around $27,000-$37,000. SS optional with around 400+ hp. Luxury performance coupe.
    Impala
    Same car as the Chevy SS concept with a couple changes to be able to offer it at a competitive price and production rate. Priced from around $26,000-$36,000. Only V-8 is offered, no V-6. Very comfortable car, luxurious, stylish car. Plenty of power to back up its aggressive looks and stance. SS gets a more powerful version of Chevelle SS 454 V8 engine, having around 470 hp or so. Offered in coupe (normal and convertible) as well as sedan.
    Camaro
    Yes! Long live the Camaro!!! Sticking to tradition, a four-seater, two door pony car. RWD with base V-6 and V-8 options. Slightly larger then Gen-1 Camaro. SS gets a 400-hp or so V-8. i-ROC and Z-28 are also available. Prices range from around $15,000-$32,000. (Z-28 toned down version of SS, i-ROC is pure dragger with a 385 hp or so V8.) Coupe and convertible.
    Corvette
    Scrap the current interior, and start completely over, offering European-level quality interior work, but of course, American style! Priced from around $46,000-$120,000. Base engine should be roughly 450 hp, V-8. Z06 engine bumped up to 550 hp, turbo, bored out V-8. Bring back the Stingray as an "exotic" version, offering 600+ hp V-10, Viper-killer (Replacing the C6-R). Slight update on exterior, too.
    Colorado
    Offer standard V-6, optional V-8. Completely knew interior that is far nicer, slightly more aggressive truck like exterior. Z71 off road package puts 31" tires on, raised and stiffened off-road suspension, various other off-road elements added, V-8 powered. Priced from $14,000-$26,000. SS version offered with V-8 power, lowered ride. Offered in regular, extended, and crew cab. Short, regular, extended bed. RWD, optional 4x4.
    Silverado/Scottsdale
    Complete rebuild from ground up. New engine, chassis, interior, exterior. Standard V-8, optional diesel and V-10 (standard on Scottsdale). Built for work. Very aggressive, powerful truck design. Larger in all dimensions over 2005 'rado by 2"-4". Priced from around $22,000-$44,000. SS version and Z71 off-road versions available. RWD, optional 4x4.
    Scottsdale trim beefs up the size, engine, and chassis of the truck to better compete with the large Ram and F-350 Superduties.
    Avalanche
    Similar, but upgraded, design that is more aggressive. Far more aggressive attitude. Improved setup for midgate. Far better interior designed and made for off-roading and those who will get this truck dirty. Built for fun and off-roading. V-8, diesel, and V-10 offered. Between the Silverado and Scottsdale in size. Slightly larger in all dimensions than 2005 Avalanche. Z71 off-road version available. No SS. Priced from around $26,000-$38,000. RWD, optional 4x4.
    Equinox
    Slight upgrade in style, more power, more refined ride, far nicer looking interior. Z71 option available as well as SS. Mostly unchanged from current model. Priced from around $13,000-$23,000. AWD.
    Trailblazer
    SUV version of Colorado. Between the two 2005 sizes. Third row optional. Same engines as Colorado, as well as very similar design inside and out. Z71 package and SS package available with same engines that are on the Colorado. Priced similar to Colorado. SS optional. 4x4. Four door only.
    Tahoe/Blazer
    Off-roading SUV version of Silverado. Similar design to that of the Silverado and Suburban, however it is designed more aggressively and slightly more boxy being for the offroad. Same engines. Third row optional. Z71 package standard. No SS. 4x4. Two and four door. Blazer is the two door version, which is even more beefed up than the four door Tahoe. Priced slightly more than the Silverado (Blazer costing between $16,000-$21,000, 16-35 years old oriented). Built purely for the offroad.
    Suburban
    Extended-length version of Tahoe. Not quite so offroadish in design, and a little bit closer in design to the Silverado. Very different tail end from the Tahoe/Blazer. Third row standard. Slightly more powerful engines. Basically same design inside and out, however a few minor modifications are made. Z71 package optional. Priced slightly more than Tahoe. No SS. 4x4.
    HHR
    What you see of the 2006 is what you get with a couple of exceptions - upgraded interior that keeps with the 'heritage' design and feel, and more powerful engines (Base gets 200 hp Ecotec, but everything else is a push-rod V-6...) No Z71 off-road package. SS is optional, having a turbo-charged pushrod 6. Priced about the same as current models. Standard AWD. Two door and four door.
    Venture
    A complete de-doing of the current 2005 Venture, becoming larger in all deminsions, as well as a slight engine upgrade. A sleek, almost dramatic, but not overly aggressive, design that says luxury that will draw the attention of fathers and kids who don't want that boring old Caravan or Olyssey. Sleek, clean, somewhat futuristic, yet contemporary interior design. Priced between $23,000-$35,000. I5 and V6. AWD is standard.
    Astro
    A massive update, which includes a sleeker, not overly aggressive design that is still contemporary. Clean, very ergonomical and nice interior design. Similar price as current model. V6 and V8 options. AWD is standard.
    Express
    A complete de-design of the interior, and upgraded exterior that is somewhat aggressive and muscular, yet still very clean and contemporary. All the models and setups are the same as current 2005 models. V6 and V8 options. Similar price as current model. AWD is standard, optional 4x4.
    Last edited by AmericanRevolution; 12-10-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2005 QSM GTO with M6

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > QSM GTO

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: My ideal Chevy lineup (what do you think?)

I'll start this one off.
    The Blazer should be a 6 cylinder, and have the Trailblazer as the V8 with optional AWD.
    The Malibu should NOT be thrown in with a Chevelle (the chevelle has much more prestige than that), instead there should only be an Impala with a 6 cylinder engine with optional AWD, it still being a FWD car with no RWD option.
    The Monte Carlo should be RWD only with a V8 stuck under the hood being similar to the object of the CTS-V, to make a quick, sporty like car but still have luxury as a large part.
    Get rid of the Cavalier, no need for it as long as the Cobalt is in the line-up. Still offer the Cobalt SS Supercharged yet bump up the engine to the 2.4L and slap the SC on it to give it street credibility over the SRT4.
    Keep the Avalanche the same, they look great.
    The Aveo is as fuel efficient as Chevy can get without sticking in a hybrid version, so that is fine.
    The Camaro should either come out, or be kept for another time, depending on whether Chevy would want to bring the Chevelle back. Of course both would be suited with 400-430 hp V8's to live up to their reputations and out do the past generations.
    Keep the Colorados, but offer the Extreme package like from the S-10's, upgrade the 6 cylinders to output enough power to keep up with competing manufactors and optional V8's.
    Give the Silverado a small power booster with the V8 and make the SS's a tad bit more powerful and the rest is fine.
    One other thing that i think would be a good idea would to be to come out with a whole SS line and make commercials with that, and have them all actually be very good vehicles. To compare to the SVT from Ford and the SRT lineup from Dodge. Even though the SVT lineup is over except for the Stang (for now), do not make a mistake like Ford did with the SVT Focus, underpowering a car was a big mistake for coming up to late in the sport compact game to catch on. Offer the Cobalt SS, the Silverado SS,the Monte Carlo SS, the Impala SS, and (depending on which they would decide on), a Chevelle or Camaro SS. All of the cars with RWD except for the Cobalt and Impala, which would have AWD. Also, a 6 speed manual would be standard on the Cobalt SS.

Thanks

Ideally, dump all engines but the Ecotec, LSx engines, truck V8s, and the 3.9. Also, drop the 4.8, put the 5.3 in its place, and drop the 6.0 to the 5.3s place.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

And all those vehicles offered here - http://www.chevroleteurope.com/

Last edited by powervette; 01-10-2005 at 05:05 AM.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 knightfan26917's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Grand Marquis; 81mc

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumSS
    The Monte Carlo should be RWD only with a V8 stuck under the hood being similar to the object of the CTS-V, to make a quick, sporty like car but still have luxury as a large part.
    ...which is what it was designed to be from the start...sportiness with luxury, true to its monicker of "sports car in gentleman's clothing".

And, AR, great lineup .

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 31swm/pig valve/pacemaker
    '72/'6/'9/'81/'7, train/models = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
    MC Guide = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
    MC's Future = http://www.projectmonte.com/petition/

Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 GTO QSM

I wouldn't drop the Cav for the single reason that Chevy is a value brand... ya, they've got a Cobalt, but the Cav goes under it in terms of prices and all. It would help draw more price (and fuel) conscious customers...
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2005 QSM GTO with M6

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > QSM GTO

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member BigAls87Z28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

V8 only Camaro? Everyone realizes that what made the Camaro last for 35 years wasnt its V8 sales....
    Too much retro ideas, not enough new product to have people leave ToyHondNissan to come to Chevy.
    Alexander Villani
    GMInsideNews Writer/Editor

Have some news?
    Email Me: Hidden Content
    Follow me on twitter: @AlexVGMI

Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 GTO QSM

Quote Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
    V8 only Camaro? Everyone realizes that what made the Camaro last for 35 years wasnt its V8 sales....
    Too much retro ideas, not enough new product to have people leave ToyHondNissan to come to Chevy.
    Well, ok, V6 and V8...
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2005 QSM GTO with M6

My Succession of Cars:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: My ideal Chevy lineup (what do you think?) Update 1

You have to understand that many people like yourself use your Enthusiast mind to create an "ultimate" line up. Im sure Lutz and countless engineers would love to just put LS2s in 2600lb sports cars and let them rip, but it just doesnt work that way.

Your line up is just a little too much, too many cars. Jack of all trades, master of none kinda line up. As it is now, there are a lot of cars that are in Chevy's line up.
    Dropping the Cavi, while keeping the Aveo and Cobalt is a good idea. Chevy doesnt need anything between.
    I think that with time, Chevy will have too much product out there. I think they need to plan it out with Zeta coming and all these other new advancements and new cars coming in.
    Alexander Villani

Have some news?

Thanks

BigAl hit my point, the cavalier is not needed in the chevy lineup with the affordability of the aveo and the better body architecture and engine of the cobalt's. And i was talking about having the Monte Carlo redesigned a little bit but at the same time keeping it the same so they wouldn't stray too far out of what is already a good car.

Thanks

There way to much cars in that line up that cross each others sales crowd. Im not really for the SS look across the board. The Chevy line up is pretty good for now but they need new trucks.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 GTO QSM

Re: My ideal Chevy lineup (what do you think?) Update 2

k, the Cava is gone and added vans... what do you think about the Silverado, Avi, and Scottsdale; as well as the Blazer and Trailblazer?
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2005 QSM GTO with M6

My Succession of Cars:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

too many SUV's...like too many cars.
    Alexander Villani

Have some news?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 GTO QSM

What vehicles would you guys think should be axed... and any mods to the non-axed?
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2005 QSM GTO with M6

My Succession of Cars:

Thanks

Blazer should be full size 2 door Tahoe. Astro should keep RWD. The high high powered Cobalt might steal sales from the Camaro. Lumina doesn't really have a place since the Malibu covers that part of the market.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information