Looking Back: 2002 Chevrolet Camaro & Pontiac Firebird Farewell Test Drive

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Looking Back: 2002 Chevrolet Camaro & Pontiac Firebird Farewell Test Drive

Thanks

Looking Back: 2002 Chevrolet Camaro & Pontiac Firebird Farewell Test Drive

The end of the line saw all LS1-equipped ‘Bird coupes equipped with T-tops. Camaros carried over with nothing more than a 35th Anniversary badge on the dash of all models, and both cars had optional commemorative appearance packages.

The Camaro SS 25th AE would get a Bright Red Metallic hue, while WS6 CETA’s were painted in “Collector Yellow.” Both were equipped with special badging, interior embroidering, unique stripes, and black powder coated wheels. Both cars would come complete with a trophy mat, embroidered floor mats, and an exclusive book. Firehawks offered nothing special for the final year...

Video: 2002 GM F-body Test Drive
    Hidden Content

My Rides (2013 Chevrolet Volt, 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Baja):
    Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie
    "I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming." - Mitch Hedberg ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 91 s-10baja For This Useful Post:

0fxxk0 (10-01-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Re: Looking Back: 2002 Chevrolet Camaro & Pontiac Firebird Farewell Test Drive

I still like these, and personally I prefer the Pontiac of the two. I would have liked to have seen Chevy be the first to return to a more contemporary design for their car versus the Mustang, but the new Camaro still looks nice. Back to these F-Bodies, these were beastly for their prices.

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,243 Times in 1,486 Posts

Had a 1998 Trans Am convertible. Seriously fast car, though visibility with the top up was seriously compromised. That actually kind of limited my enjoyment of the car and in hindsight I wish I had gone with a coupe.

I liked the '98 refresh of the Firebird, but never did care for the Ram Air version of the hood with those giant nostrils.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

The imminent demise of Oldsmobile. The end of the road for the F-bodies. No more RWD sedans or personal luxury coupes(unless you count the Catera) save the one remaining Monte Carlo. Cadillac's two flagship sedans with FWD only. No more Eldorado after 2002. Wasn't easy to be a GM enthusiasts in these years. Thankfully Lutz came on board and brought on some RWD Cadillacs, the Solstice and Sky and of course the Camaro/GTO and G8 to help ease those pains. It was so weird going into a GM dealership and not seeing any Camaro's or Firebirds.

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Lincoln MKT

I love my 1994 T/A. After 21 years of owning it and 250,000 miles it is still running quite well.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information