Looking Back: 2001 Corvette Z06 vs M3 vs Boxster S

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Looking Back: 2001 Corvette Z06 vs M3 vs Boxster S

Thanks

Looking Back: 2001 Corvette Z06 vs M3 vs Boxster S

No matter what types of cars you lust after, and no matter what era you hold dear, these are the good old days when it comes to serious automotive performance. And not, just in an old fashioned straight line sense f the term: Today’s hottest rides go, handle, and stop as well as full out SCCA Trans-Am race cars decades ago. Yet, they pack amazingly high levels of luxury, feature content, and electronic technology. For this test we have three of the best. Two from Germany, the other all American, and each presented its own perspective on the sports-car theme.

Video: 2001 Corvette Z06 vs M3 vs Boxster S
    Hidden Content

My Rides (2013 Chevrolet Volt, 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Baja):
    Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie
    "I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming." - Mitch Hedberg ...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Re: Looking Back: 2001 Corvette Z06 vs M3 vs Boxster S

A nostalgic era for me. Don't really care for the Porsche, and I'd definitely take the E46 M3 over the Vette of the time. How times change. Today there's no way I'd buy the M3 over a Stingray.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Cool Video.

In 2001 my father was trying to decide between those exact 3 vehicles. He ended up with the M3 for one reason only, the back seat. He decided it was more practical.
    Current Rides: 2007 Yukon Denali, 2010 BMW 335i xDrive , 1969 Chevelle Malibu, 1969 Chevy C20 (Current Project), 1977 Chevy K20 (Future Project)
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

It was not too long after this show that the MT Editor in Chief featured, C. Van Tune, hastily resigned and MT continued its downward trend (no pun intended) against C&D. Thanks to some misteps at C&D (Csere bowing to pressure, the hiring of the incompetent Alterman) and steadying, if not arrogance, by Angus, Loh has MT really taking it to C&D now.

I always thought Van Tune was a bit out of his depth and this video certainly shows nothing to disuade that opinion. He is more of a TV freelancer now.
    Last edited by TheCarGonzo; 06-13-2015 at 08:54 PM.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information