I Love Gm Product Again!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Love Gm Product Again!

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

I Love Gm Product Again!

after owning:

87 cavalier
    90 grand am
    90 sierra
    95 lumina van
    96 grand am

I had given up on GM forever because all of those save for the sierra were a POS! never drove any of them for more than 175,000 KM (except sierra) too many problems! since then i have owned a 90 prelude with 300+ ks, 92 civic, 98 civic. Hell I even sold honda for 1 yr. great quality vehicles all of them. this morning I went to check out the cobalt at my local dealer and boy was I in for a surprise.

the doors slammed with a solid thunk (quality construction) all the switches/knobs/buttons felt lightyears ahead of honda civic (quality materials)
    comfortable firm seats, powerful 4 cyl engine, decent stereo, quiet (for a compact) ride, and great handling! All i could keep thinking was if GM could do this for their compact offering i could just imagine what the more expensive GM products looked like. WAY TO GO GM! you made a believer out of me the cobalt is the class of the compact field

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: I Love Gm Product Again!

When I first saw the member name "hondaguy" I thought, "Oh great, another import troll."

That is certainly not the case. It is very nice to hear that you liked the Cobalt. Any chance of you buying one?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 jro4566's Avatar
    Thanks

Great to see you turned sides. I still think that Hondas are great vehicles, but I feel that the public needs to be aware that GM vehicles are just as good or, in some instances, better than the imports.

2007 BMW 328i. Black sapphire metallic. Terra leather. Poplar wood. Automatic trans. Xenon adaptive headlights. BMW Assist. Bluetooth. Premium package. Heated seats. iDrive navigation system. Rear sonar. Comfort access. LOGIC7 surround sound. Sirius. 18" BMW wheels. Rear spoiler.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. Black onyx pearl. Beige leather. 4WD. Chrome hood vents, mirror covers, exhaust. Silver grille, taillight trim. Brushed metal bumper protector. Running boards.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

My local Chevy dealer is parting with some Cobalts and using them for "service rentals". I think this is a very wise idea. After bringing in a craptastic Cavalier, Blazer, or many other pre 2000 GM cars, then getting the Cobalt loaner --- that should make them rush for the sales counter.

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gmsickofan
    My local Chevy dealer is parting with some Cobalts and using them for "service rentals". I think this is a very wise idea. After bringing in a craptastic Cavalier, Blazer, or many other pre 2000 GM cars, then getting the Cobalt loaner --- that should make them rush for the sales counter.
    I hope more dealers do that. When the 2004 Malibu came out, my dealer used a couple of them for service rentals.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote: "When I first saw the member name "hondaguy" I thought, "Oh great, another import troll."

That is certainly not the case. It is very nice to hear that you liked the Cobalt. Any chance of you buying one?"

Right now I am currently driving the aforementioned 92 civic HB which I am very happy with, so as of right now probably not but definetly when the time comes GM will be at the top of my shopping list with the cobalt/pursuit

im kinda liking the fact that I can get grey/black leather in the pursuit SE and not diggin the fact that in the cobalt the only leather is the tan (at least here in canada) so if I do it will be a black on grey pursuit SE 5spd

Thanks

hondaguy I know how you feel. When I was shopping for a car to trade my truck in for, my first stops were Honda and Toyota. After test driving the Accord and Camry I had pretty much decided on the Accord. Just for the heck of it I decided to check out an 04 Malibu, and now I drive an 04 Malibu. That car is so much better than any other GM car I have owned before I can hardly believe it. The doors close solidly, the switches have a quality feel, and the car feels solid when you hit bumps. If the new models GM comes out with can keep up this trend GM will definitely be on the road to recovery.

Thanks

I t good to see that many import buyers are giving GM cars a chance or in some cases a second chance.

Thanks

It's like motorcycles! Japaneese is like an inflateble doll, but American is the real thing!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 marinerbc's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T

Wow...they really can come back after being exposed to the Power of the Dark Side.

Welcome ...h...h.... (can't say it. Gotta call ya H Guy.) H guy.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Saturn Vue

Quote Originally Posted by marinerbc
    Welcome ...h...h.... (can't say it. Gotta call ya H Guy.) H guy.

That's rich!

BTW: Welcome 'H Guy'!
    Current ride: Hidden Content "Serenity"
    1995 Buick Park Avenue "Big Red"
    1996 Ford Ranger "Patton"
    1992 Chevrolet Beretta "The Green Lemon"

Hidden Content
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth."
    - Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, CSA

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 knightfan26917's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Grand Marquis; 81mc

Quote Originally Posted by RCtennis3811
    ...but I feel that the public needs to be aware that GM vehicles are just as good or, in some instances, better than the imports.
    Absolutely!

Course, the public also needs to be willing to check them out in person ... and buy as well.

H guy...I'm surprised you stuck with GM as long as you did with those 5 vehicles. It seems that when most people have a problem with 1 or 2 products, they jump to the imports....

And, btw, '95 Lumina van? I could've sworn that in '95 when the Lumina was restyled and the coupe was renamed monte carlo...the minivan also switched names to Venture....

Or not...I'm not sure .

And, welcome!

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 31swm/pig valve/pacemaker
    '72,6,9/'81,7.hobbies.chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
    MC Guide = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
    "Most Complete Lineup," Chevy claims in ad ... but how?
    What's it like to buy your favorite car brand new? Wish I knew...

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 2005 Equinox LS's Avatar
    Thanks

The Venture name came for the 1997 year when Chevrolet changed their vans to the more conventional ones. If I am not mistaken Knightfan for 1996 Chevrolet just called the minivan the APV. I could be wrong on that though. I know what people mean about GM quality getting better. I can see improvments on the Equinox over the 2000 Monte Carlo and the 2000 Monte Carlo was better than any of the older GM's I ever had. I mean as far as assembly quality. I look at the 1981 Bonneville and there are quite a few small mistakes as far as things not lining up right to just lots of little things.
    2008 Chevrolet Impala LS.

1981 Pontiac Bonneville. "The last full sized RWD Bonneville".

1985 Chevrolet Caprice.

2007 Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor.

1986 John Deere Lawn Tractor.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2005 Equinox LS
    If I am not mistaken Knightfan for 1996 Chevrolet just called the minivan the APV.

I'm thinking the van was called "Lumina APV" from its introduction in 1990, all the way until it was replaced by the Venture in 1997.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 knightfan26917's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Grand Marquis; 81mc

Quote Originally Posted by s113
    I'm thinking the van was called "Lumina APV" from its introduction in 1990, all the way until it was replaced by the Venture in 1997.
    *nods*

That's what I'm thinking, too, since I doubt they would've changed the name for only 2 model years to simply "APV".... Guess I didn't realize the minivan portion of that trio wasn't updated until 1997.... Thanks for the info/clarification .

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information