GMI Launches Camaro Forum

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: GMI Launches Camaro Forum

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

GMI leverages past Camaro ties to move forward.
    www.GMInsideNews.com
    January 18, 2011
    By: Nick Saporito

Later this year GMInsideNews will be celebrating 10 years of being online. The site was founded in October 2001 – starting the first significant General Motors enthusiast outlet on the Internet. Then 2003 rolled around and rumors of the potential return of the Camaro for a 5th generation model altered the path GMI would take from then on.

In October 2003—almost exactly two years after the site’s creation—GMI launched its first major exclusive article. That exclusive article was confirming the return of Chevrolet’s iconic Camaro. At the time the article’s timing (like everyone’s) was off, but GMI already knew about the Zeta platform, the car’s size and ties to GM Holden in Australia.

That exclusive article fundamentally altered GMInsideNews by taking what started as an enthusiast site and transforming it into a reputable news outlet over night. In the months following the exclusive article GMI hosted several high-profile design contests for the 5th generation Camaro and became a notorious source for 5th generation rumors, news and content.

Now that the 5th generation Camaro has been on roads for quite sometime now, we feel like its time to look back to GMI’s roots and be the leader in 6th generation Camaro information as we once were with the 5th generation.

Launching today, GMI has now started a dedicated forum on the site for Camaro enthusiasts to call home. The move comes after GMI has received numerous requests to run a Camaro forum within the site.

We feel that GMI’s own heritage ties with the Camaro and our reputation as a honest news breaker make for the perfect match for Camaro enthusiasts who are looking for a Camaro forum that allows all opinions—critical and glowing.

The new section of the site will have one dedicated moderator (Z284ever). Charlie himself is a lifelong Camaro enthusiast and longtime GMI member. To top it off, Charlie is well connected and kept in the loop with the happenings of the Camaro and its loyal enthusiast base.

In typical GMI fashion we are launching the new Camaro section in a way only GMI can: with an exclusive article. Today we are pleased to publish an article outlining more information on the 6th generation Camaro than any other outlet has had to date.

Stay tuned to GMI for the latest on revisions to the current Camaro and the sixth-generation model.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks

Re: GMI Launches Camaro Forum

Yay! A new Camaro forum!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Thanks

What about a garage or showoff section???

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar demonspeed's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fp115 View Post
    What about a garage or showoff section???
    That's a pretty good idea.

On the other hand, the current Member's Garage section doesn't get much action.

I hope to see plenty of things about all generations of Camaro in the new forum
    Current: '15 GMC Acadia SLE|'08 G8 GT
    Former: '12 Malibu LTZ|'08 G6 GT|'07 TrailBlazer LS|'05 GTO|'02 Camaro SS|'01 Camaro Z28|'00 Camaro SS|'97 Tahoe LT|'91 Camaro Z28|'89 Camaro IROC-Z
    Past Digressions: '02 Cougar V6 Sport Ultimate|'94 Grand Cherokee Laredo|'93 Mustang GT

See all my [fun] vehicles here:
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
    That's a pretty good idea.

On the other hand, the current Member's Garage section doesn't get much action.

I hope to see plenty of things about all generations of Camaro in the new forum
    I tend to find more appreciataion when posting or replying in a member's garage that is similar or the same car as mine, less so when it is a more generic one.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar demonspeed's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fp115 View Post
    I tend to find more appreciataion when posting or replying in a member's garage that is similar or the same car as mine, less so when it is a more generic one.
    I'd agree with those sentiments, but I'm thinking more along the lines that Camaro owners could be starting threads in there right now if they wanted to. I truly don't think it's a bad idea to add a Camaro-specific section, though.

EDIT: That didn't take long!
    Current: '15 GMC Acadia SLE|'08 G8 GT
    Former: '12 Malibu LTZ|'08 G6 GT|'07 TrailBlazer LS|'05 GTO|'02 Camaro SS|'01 Camaro Z28|'00 Camaro SS|'97 Tahoe LT|'91 Camaro Z28|'89 Camaro IROC-Z
    Past Digressions: '02 Cougar V6 Sport Ultimate|'94 Grand Cherokee Laredo|'93 Mustang GT

See all my [fun] vehicles here:
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
    I'd agree with those sentiments, but I'm thinking more along the lines that Camaro owners could be starting threads in there right now if they wanted to. I truly don't think it's a bad idea to add a Camaro-specific section, though.

EDIT: That didn't take long!
    Hehe yep. Hopefully within another year, I can create a whole new thread

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information