Final c6 production numbers give surprising insight to gm marketing insight

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Final c6 production numbers give surprising insight to gm marketing insight

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,075 Posts
    My Ride
    2020 Red c8 corvette z51 fe4

Final c6 production numbers give surprising insight to gm marketing insight

As the c7 corvette Draws near and the c6 corvette comes to an end. After nine years in production, the final year production numbers are here.

[b]History of the C6 sales might be informative of the future C7 sales.

2013 C6 production.

base coupe-------2597
    base vert----------720
    Z06----------------471
    ZR1----------------482
    GS coupe---------4908
    GS vert-----------1736
    427 vert----------2552

The belly of the curve rests with the grand sport coupe and surprisingly with the more expensive and very powerful 427 convertible.

Sounds familiar to the c7 production model ....give or take a few ponies. Torque wise the c7 LT1 mimics the 427 engine. Should deliver a very 427 acceleration like experience.

Gm testing their new cars performance in the last year of c6 production sound about right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

Re: Final c6 production numbers give surprising insight to gm marketing insight

Interesting that the corvette team closed out another generation of corvette giving insight to the corvette faithful what is in store.

Do you believe the c7 z51 coupe and convertible will mimic the 427 convertible performance?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ChevyRules's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Saturn Aura XR

I would expect it to mimic the GS since the C7 Z51 replaces the C6 GS.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar PHAT-JAY's Avatar
    Thanks

its not about the GS's performance, its the Wide look, and Fat tire combo. The C7 is a nice car but a lot of GS owners are going to wait for the Wide version(if there is one) becasue those narrow tires, and slim C7 look does not do it for them. I hope a Wide version gets here sooner then later.
    IF IT AINT RWD; AND A CHEVY I DONT RIDE IT!!!!!

ALL CHEVY'S NEED TO BE RWD!!!!!

Thanks
    My Ride

I believe the c7 z51 will perform at the c6 427 convertible levels.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-JAY View Post
    its not about the GS's performance, its the Wide look, and Fat tire combo. The C7 is a nice car but a lot of GS owners are going to wait for the Wide version(if there is one) becasue those narrow tires, and slim C7 look does not do it for them. I hope a Wide version gets here sooner then later.
    I do not think the C7 will have a wide-body....ever.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by VMax2007 View Post
    I do not think the C7 will have a wide-body....ever.
    I'd be somewhat surprised as well....the new c7 has beautiful voluptuous curves as is. I'm not convinced yet either.....that the higher performance versions will.

I don't know any inside info on this...it's just a guess on my part.

We should know by January as the z06 counterpart in the seventh gen releases at Detroit autos how.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 hydrogen's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course there will be a wide body C7. You gotta make room for some 335mm tires some how.

Thanks
    My Ride

Maybe.....although changing wheel offsets often can do the trick...

I'm sure gm is quite aware of the allure for wide body variants to differientiate higher performance models to brand maniacs...lol

The average consumer barely knows.....although I believe the move to change terminology away from the word "base" corvette to standard " corvette does give some credence to not offering a wide body and just change wheel offsets to fit wider rubber...

Remember electronics can be utilized to negate the performance need of said...335 s....but then again often times consumers preference to wider tires does get the best of engineering advances...

JMO

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    Maybe.....although changing wheel offsets often can do the trick...

I'm sure gm is quite aware of the allure for wide body variants to differientiate higher performance models to brand maniacs...lol

The average consumer barely knows.....although I believe the move to change terminology away from the word "base" corvette to standard " corvette does give some credence to not offering a wide body and just change wheel offsets to fit wider rubber...

Remember electronics can be utilized to negate the performance need of said...335 s....but then again often times consumers preference to wider tires does get the best of engineering advances...

JMO
    Agreed, and if you look at the body seams on the rear 1/4's of the C7, they are not very conducive to easily swapping in a wider fender. A lot would have to get redesigned. This has been discussed pretty heavily on the Corvette forums and the general concensus is that it is likely there will be no wide-body variant.

Time will tell though.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information