Cruze heated seats??

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Cruze heated seats??

  1. #1
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

    Cruze heated seats??

    Quick question I have a Cruze 2lt RS with the leather heated seats and remote start. Does anyone know if there is a way to have the heated seats go on with the remote start?
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; JOHN 11 25

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 2LT Tahoe

    Re: Cruze heated seats??

    I think you have to leave them on before you turn the car off the night before.

  4. #3
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

    Re: Cruze heated seats??

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheApple View Post
    I think you have to leave them on before you turn the car off the night before.
    I tried that and no go

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Wheels66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mid-Ohio
    Posts
    157
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Cruze heated seats??

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    Quick question I have a Cruze 2lt RS with the leather heated seats and remote start. Does anyone know if there is a way to have the heated seats go on with the remote start?
    Leaving them on when turning the car off does not work. You need to go into your vehicle settings and set it up to come on with remote start. Did mine on my Cruze, nice and toasty!

  7. #5
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    474
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 58 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: Cruze heated seats??

    Im actually going to buy the 2014 Cruze LTZ sometime between now and sunday. thanks for this update guys.
    -ZaC-
    Life, Liberty and The Pursuit

  8. #6
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

    Re: Cruze heated seats??

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels66 View Post
    Leaving them on when turning the car off does not work. You need to go into your vehicle settings and set it up to come on with remote start. Did mine on my Cruze, nice and toasty!
    Ok I have looked at the settings, where in the heck do they change that ?

  9. #7
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8 SonicAerio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Atlantic Beach, FL USA
    Posts
    1,932
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Cruze heated seats??

    Its in the settings, but from what I read on our Cruze forums it has to be so cold for them to turn on... I can't remember if it was like 32 degrees or under.

  10. #8
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

    Re: Cruze heated seats??

    well I looked and couldnt find it anywhere let alone it was colder than that around here and nothing

  11. #9
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 eastcoasthd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    1,194
    Thanks
    372
    Thanked 745 Times in 297 Posts

    Re: Cruze heated seats??

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    well I looked and couldnt find it anywhere let alone it was colder than that around here and nothing
    You looked where? Owners Manual???

    Remote Start Heated Seats
    When it is cold outside, the heated
    seats can be turned on
    automatically during a remote
    vehicle start. The heated seats will
    be canceled when the ignition is
    turned on. Press the control to use
    the heated seats after the vehicle is
    started.
    The heated seat indicator lights on
    the control do not turn on during a
    remote start.
    The temperature performance of an
    unoccupied seat may be reduced.
    This is normal.
    The heated seats will not turn on
    during a remote start unless the
    heated seat feature is enabled in
    the vehicle personalization menu.
    See Remote Vehicle Start on
    page 2-10 and Vehicle
    Personalization on page 5-35.


    Vehicle Personalization
    The audio system controls are used
    to access the personalization
    menus for customizing vehicle
    features.
    CONFIG (Configuration): Press to
    access the Configuration
    Settings menu.
    MENU/SEL: Press the center of
    this knob to enter the menus and
    select menu items. Turn the knob to
    scroll through the menus.
    BACK: Press to exit or move
    backward in a menu.
    Entering the Personalization
    Menus
    1. Press CONFIG to access the
    Configuration Settings menu.
    2. Turn the MENU/SEL knob to
    highlight Vehicle Settings. Press
    the CONFIG button until Vehicle
    is highlighted on vehicles with a
    navigation system only.

    Remote Start Auto Heat Seats
    On vehicles with remote start and
    heated seats, the heated seats can
    be set to on or off.
    Press the MENU/SEL knob when
    Remote Start Auto Heat Seats is
    highlighted to open the menu. Turn
    the knob to highlight On or Off.
    Press the BACK button to confirm
    the selection and move back to the
    last menu.
    2016 FORD F250 4X4 - 2018 CHEVY VOLT PREMIER

  12. #10
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthd View Post
    You looked where? Owners Manual???

    Remote Start Heated Seats
    When it is cold outside, the heated
    seats can be turned on
    automatically during a remote
    vehicle start. The heated seats will
    be canceled when the ignition is
    turned on. Press the control to use
    the heated seats after the vehicle is
    started.
    The heated seat indicator lights on
    the control do not turn on during a
    remote start.
    The temperature performance of an
    unoccupied seat may be reduced.
    This is normal.
    The heated seats will not turn on
    during a remote start unless the
    heated seat feature is enabled in
    the vehicle personalization menu.
    See Remote Vehicle Start on
    page 2-10 and Vehicle
    Personalization on page 5-35.


    Vehicle Personalization
    The audio system controls are used
    to access the personalization
    menus for customizing vehicle
    features.
    CONFIG (Configuration): Press to
    access the Configuration
    Settings menu.
    MENU/SEL: Press the center of
    this knob to enter the menus and
    select menu items. Turn the knob to
    scroll through the menus.
    BACK: Press to exit or move
    backward in a menu.
    Entering the Personalization
    Menus
    1. Press CONFIG to access the
    Configuration Settings menu.
    2. Turn the MENU/SEL knob to
    highlight Vehicle Settings. Press
    the CONFIG button until Vehicle
    is highlighted on vehicles with a
    navigation system only.

    Remote Start Auto Heat Seats
    On vehicles with remote start and
    heated seats, the heated seats can
    be set to on or off.
    Press the MENU/SEL knob when
    Remote Start Auto Heat Seats is
    highlighted to open the menu. Turn
    the knob to highlight On or Off.
    Press the BACK button to confirm
    the selection and move back to the
    last menu.
    No I couldn't find the configuration in the settings and even when I follow these steps there is no setting for heated seats in the remote start

    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Last edited by AndreaCristiano; 11-27-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; JOHN 11 25

  13. #11
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS
    PS I found the setting it was already checked yet they never turn on hmmmm

    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; JOHN 11 25

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2