Chevy VOLT owners!!??

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

  1. #1
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

    Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    So i am more and more leaning toward a chevy volt as my next vehicle, but I have questions?
    How often does it need a charge?
    Now that the range is 50 miles on EV, my drive to work is 6 miles each way does this mean I can drive four days to and from without charging?
    Hows the back seat space?
    Hows the cargo space?
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; JOHN 11 25

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Winterpeg
    Posts
    9,166
    Thanks
    11,447
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,386 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    http://www.voltstats.net
    a resource that collects OnStar data on VOLT performance range %EV etc

    the current volt is a 4 seat car with a hump in the middle back seat area

    as far as cargo space goes it is excellent for a compact car + being a lift back design the access is top notch
    the batteries do discharge some sitting around but very little BUT I would plug it in when you get home EX in the cold weather as the battery conditions it self temp wise + cabin pre heat/cool saves on EV range

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to richmond2000 For This Useful Post:

    AndreaCristiano (05-03-2015)

  5. #3
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    Quote Originally Posted by richmond2000 View Post
    http://www.voltstats.net
    a resource that collects OnStar data on VOLT performance range %EV etc

    the current volt is a 4 seat car with a hump in the middle back seat area

    as far as cargo space goes it is excellent for a compact car + being a lift back design the access is top notch
    the batteries do discharge some sitting around but very little BUT I would plug it in when you get home EX in the cold weather as the battery conditions it self temp wise + cabin pre heat/cool saves on EV range
    Thanks for the resource! I am very interested in this option for my next car.


    John 25:11
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; JOHN 11 25

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  7. #4
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,640
    Thanks
    13,001
    Thanked 8,916 Times in 5,195 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    12 miles a day!?

    Get a Ram 1500 with a HEMI

    ----------------

    Yes, you could drive most of 4 days on one charge, but 'Climate Control" as in heat, A/C or even just the fan, use battery, I plug in every time - never know tomorrow might be the day you have to take a longer trip.
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  8. #5
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    12 miles a day!?

    Get a Ram 1500 with a HEMI

    ----------------

    Yes, you could drive most of 4 days on one charge, but 'Climate Control" as in heat, A/C or even just the fan, use battery, I plug in every time - never know tomorrow might be the day you have to take a longer trip.
    Nahhhh the reason I'm thinking volt is with that drive I can save thousands!


    John 25:11
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; JOHN 11 25

  9. #6
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,640
    Thanks
    13,001
    Thanked 8,916 Times in 5,195 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    Nahhhh the reason I'm thinking volt is with that drive I can save thousands!


    John 25:11
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.
    How often do you fill up your Cruze? - And what does that cost?

    I drove my truck about 5,000 miles last year, that is about 13 1/2 miles a day, including weekends, 346 gallons of gas, point being you'll spend more on the car, in an attempt to save money, than the money you'll save on gas.

    Although, a deep discount on a 2105, might be lucrative, I got my Volt last May, when GM was in the middle of the ignition-switch fiasco, for $179/month.
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  10. #7
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    How often do you fill up your Cruze? - And what does that cost?

    I drove my truck about 5,000 miles last year, that is about 13 1/2 miles a day, including weekends, 346 gallons of gas, point being you'll spend more on the car, in an attempt to save money, than the money you'll save on gas.

    Although, a deep discount on a 2105, might be lucrative, I got my Volt last May, when GM was in the middle of the ignition-switch fiasco, for $179/month.
    Every two weeks and with gas at 2.37 it was 30.81. I put about 6500 miles a year on my Cruze


    John 25:11
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; JOHN 11 25

  11. #8
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    How often do you fill up your Cruze? - And what does that cost?

    I drove my truck about 5,000 miles last year, that is about 13 1/2 miles a day, including weekends, 346 gallons of gas, point being you'll spend more on the car, in an attempt to save money, than the money you'll save on gas.

    Although, a deep discount on a 2105, might be lucrative, I got my Volt last May, when GM was in the middle of the ignition-switch fiasco, for $179/month.
    It all depends on the variables if their is all 7500 available, or a good lease. If the finance is good as well I could buy it. I'm paying 299.85 a month for my Cruze. So if I keep the payment around there I'm good


    John 25:11
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; JOHN 11 25

  12. #9
    Chevrolet VOLT eaton53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,875
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 1,918 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    Nahhhh the reason I'm thinking volt is with that drive I can save thousands!
    You really don't drive enough to save in any significant way.
    My wife drives as much as you do. Gas mileage is not a consideration in her cars.
    If you like the Volt just because... well, that's a different story entirely.
    Last edited by eaton53; 05-03-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award


    Hidden Content

    2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to eaton53 For This Useful Post:

    Ed753 (05-03-2015)

  14. #10
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Winterpeg
    Posts
    9,166
    Thanks
    11,447
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,386 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    http://www.fuelly.com/car/chevrolet/...ond2000/292977

    this is my 2007 AVE

    with 12000 KMS I have spent $2400 in petrol to power it and my fuel costs are around $5 Per US gallon

    just putting that out there and with a yearly usage of about 9000 KMS OR 6000 Miles + the LOW fuel burn of the Cruze I doubt there would be a FUEL COST saving BUT that does NOT diminish the VOLT for what it is and if you WANT the car for what it is then go for it BUT IMHO fuel savings is NOT going to cover the cost surcharge to move into the VOLT over plenty of other compact/mid sized family cars out there

  15. #11
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    Well I'm curious my Cruze cost more than the volt will with the tax credit so how can you all say they're won't be savings. If I get the volt for 27k I bought my cruze for almost 29k so that's already a 2k savings than did the gas and boom


    John 25:11
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; JOHN 11 25

  16. #12
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    985
    Thanks
    639
    Thanked 97 Times in 52 Posts
    My Ride
    Trek 7.5FX

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    How often does it need a charge?
    Now that the range is 50 miles on EV, my drive to work is 6 miles each way does this mean I can drive four days to and from without charging?
    If you don't or can't charge it you'll be fine and, yes, you can pretty much get 4 days worth of driving out of 1 charge.

    Hows the back seat space?
    Hows the cargo space?
    What do you need to carry? It won't carry a 4x8 sheet of plywood flat
    "I love how Donald Trump can't figure out why Obama is suddenly so popular - It's YOU dude!"
    - Seth Myers

  17. #13
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,640
    Thanks
    13,001
    Thanked 8,916 Times in 5,195 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    Well I'm curious my Cruze cost more than the volt will with the tax credit so how can you all say they're won't be savings. If I get the volt for 27k I bought my cruze for almost 29k so that's already a 2k savings than did the gas and boom


    John 25:11
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.
    $29K for a Cruze, I assume it is loaded? A 2016 Volt (base no options) is $33,995 (+ 7% sales tax) = $36,375 - $7,500 = $28,875.

    You should be able to get a Cruze for a lot less than $29K today.
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  18. #14
    Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    13,029
    Thanks
    672
    Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,061 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    The silence of driving an electric volt is impressive. I say go for it.

  19. #15
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

    Re: Chevy VOLT owners!!??

    I'm going to have to test drive for sure and see the back seat trunk space but it intrigues me a lot
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; JOHN 11 25

  20. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2