"Chevy is breathing new life into its small-car lineup with the Cobalt,"

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: "Chevy is breathing new life into its small-car lineup with the Cobalt,"

News Contributor Premium Member Perian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,441 Times in 1,213 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Jaguar F-Type (Manual)

"Chevy is breathing new life into its small-car lineup with the Cobalt,"

Magazine Issue: March 2005, page 111.

Article Quote from Kiplinger's:

"Chevy is breathing new life into its small-car lineup with the Cobalt - a premium compact that better competes with the Civic, Corolla and Focus. You have a choice of sedan or coupe. All (except the turbocharged coupe) have an amply powered 2.2-liter, 145-horsepower engine that gets 25 mpg in the city and 34 on the highway.

Acceleration is quite good, and so are the ride and handling, helped in part by a stiff structure and speed-sensitive steering.

The base model starts at $14,190 but is skimpy on standard equipment. The mid-leve LS ($16,485) offers cruise control, power windows, locks and mirrors, keyless entry, upgraded seats and anti-lock brakes.

However, the interior is ho-hum, with drab materials and a molded-plastic steering wheel. Side-curtain airbags are a $395 option."
    Last edited by Ming; 02-09-2005 at 07:47 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Kiplinger's reviews the Chevy Cobalt:

Quote Originally Posted by Perian
    Magazine Issue: March 2005, page 111.

Article Quote:

"Chevy is breathing new life into its small-car lineup with the Cobalt - a premium compact that better competes with the Civic, Corolla and Focus. You have a choice of sedan or coupe. All (except the turbocharged coupe) have an amply powered 2.2-liter, 145-horsepower engine that gets 25 mpg in the city and 34 on the highway.

Acceleration is quite good, and so are the ride and handling, helped in part by a stiff structure and speed-sensitive steering.

The base model starts at $14,190 but is skimpy on standard equipment. The mid-leve LS ($16,485) offers cruise control, power windows, locks and mirrors, keyless entry, upgraded seats and anti-lock brakes.

However, the interior is ho-hum, with drab materials and a molded-plastic steering wheel. Side-curtain airbags are a $395 option."
    What an ****************************. Ho-hum...compared to what? A civic? A corolla? A Neon?

Another bigoted piece of **************** lazy ass american reporter.

Way to go! Kill american jobs because you're too lazy to look beyond your prejudices!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Kiplinger's should stick within their own subscriber territory. It's hard to take them seriously about car and truck reviews.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Audi A3 Blue

Re: "Chevy is breathing new life into its small-car lineup with the Cobalt,"

Well, keep in mind he is being better than alot of anti-American reporters... "Acceleration is quite good, and so are the ride and handling..." and "amply powered 2.2-liter, 145-horsepower engine..." at least he's giving some ups instead of all downs...
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2016 Audi A3

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > 2005 QSM GTO M6 > 2006 Mercury Milan Premier (debt free!) > 2016 Audi A3

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

Quote Originally Posted by GM-10
    Another bigoted piece of **************** lazy ass american reporter.
    What do you have to say about all the positive Cobalt reviews? Are those all by the non-biased journalists? What if there are journalists that actually want to root American, and gave the Cobalt a great review, even though it's garbage? I don't think it's garbage... but some might think it is.

I like the Cobalt interior, but prefer the Mazda3's, which is to me the class leader there. Cobalt is second best. The guy started out his report on a positive note... if you read nothing but the title (which I bet many do), you'd be rather encouraged. He might very well find the Cobalt interior drab! Imagine that! Could someone be reporting wht he thinks?!? Egads! Could it be that this vehicle doesn't have the single best interior he's ever encountered in a sub-$20,000 car?
    Last edited by paul8488; 02-10-2005 at 03:37 AM.
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

Thanks

As opposed to the solid gold, alligator skin wrapped steering wheel in the competition's compact car offerings.

Thanks

I dont think it looks ho-hum. It is a far cry from the Cavaliers and better than some of the imports. Chevy made it good where it counted. The Ecotec engine is a VERY good thing. The inside while not being a Lexus or Caddilac is VERY good. Though I dont get all touchy feely with my dash.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information