Check out this button on the Kalos dash

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Check out this button on the Kalos dash

Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy Malibu 2016 Red

Thumbs down Check out this button on the Kalos dash

Now I know what one of those buttons is for! Wish my 2004 AVEO LS SEDAN had these foglights like they were supposed to have until someone at Chevy AXED that idea!!

[B] Accept mediocrity and that's all you'll ever get.

2016 Malibu 2LZ Premier Turbo Crystal Red Tintcoat Picked up 2/29/16
    Hidden Content

2013 Buick Verano Turbo Red Tintcoat 1/31/2013-2/29/16
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Check out this button on the Kalos dash

You specified a wrong URL in the image tag. Here's your picture:

(just in case, direct link)

The fog lamps were not axed at all - there are windows left in the front bumber and in Europe, higher level trims come with fog lamps preinstalled at the factory. I'm not sure about the US, but I think it should be dealer and/or service installable option.

You better tell me what the RIGHT button is supposed to do! I think I'll never be able to figure it out myself

Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy Malibu 2016 Red

Exclamation Re: Check out this button on the Kalos dash

Quote Originally Posted by DmitryKo
    You specified a wrong URL in the image tag. Here's your picture:

(just in case, direct link)

The fog lamps were not axed at all - there are windows left in the front bumber and in Europe, higher level trims come with fog lamps preinstalled at the factory. I'm not sure about the US, but I think it should be dealer and/or service installable option.You better tell me what the RIGHT button is supposed to do! I think I'll never be able to figure it out myself
    In the USA, the foglights WERE indeed AXED for the AVEO LS SEDAN! They were SUPPOSED to be part of the "Appearance Package" which included fog lights, mudguards and aluminum wheels and a rear spoiler for the 5-door model! It was listed at SEVERAL GM sites for the 2004 model year AVEOS. Someone at GM made a decision to drop them, but no one at GM will tell me how this came about and why they were not even offered as an option when they were readily available in Canada! I spoke to Joe Jacuzzi, the GM for Chevrolet and he had NO clue! If he did, he wouldn't admit it.

Foglights can indeed be retrofitted to the area in question in the front bumper, but it will NOT be setup the same as the factory installed foglights if you read the owner's manual. As for the other button to the right of the emergency flashers- I can only GUESS! Maybe it's for REAR FOGLIGHTS that seem to be available on some model cars in Europe.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fastdriver
    In the USA, the foglights WERE indeed AXED for the AVEO LS SEDAN! ... Foglights can indeed be retrofitted to the area in question in the front bumper, but it will NOT be setup the same as the factory installed foglights if you read the owner's manual
    I've looked through the PDF manual for 2005 Aveo and it seems that fog lamps are switched by a band in the central part of the Multifunction/Turn Signal Lever (p. 3-6). Do you have this band installed? Do you have the left-sided button in place as well? If either is true, I bet it's simply a matter of connecting the wires to the corresponding fuse in the engine compartment (p.p. 5-83 to 5-84); all you need is get the genuine lamps somewhere.
    As for the other button to the right of the emergency flashers- I can only GUESS! Maybe it's for REAR FOGLIGHTS that seem to be available on some model cars in Europe.
    No, there's no rear fog lights on any Eurpean model...

Thanks

I spoke to Joe Jacuzzi, the GM for Chevrolet and he had NO clue! If he did, he wouldn't admit it.
    Is that guy's name for real? He must be a hit with the girls. Kinda like Leisure Suit Larry.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy Malibu 2016 Red

I've looked through the PDF manual for 2005 Aveo and it seems that fog lamps are switched by a band in the central part of the Multifunction/Turn Signal Lever (p. 3-6). Do you have this band installed? Do you have the left-sided button in place as well? If either is true, I bet it's simply a matter of connecting the wires to the corresponding fuse in the engine compartment (p.p. 5-83 to 5-84); all you need is get the genuine lamps somewhere. No, there's no rear fog lights on any Eurpean model...
    I was speaking about the 2004 model, not the 2005. Fog lights are now available on the 2005 US Aveo.

Like I said, it was just a guess about the rear fog lights because several European cars do have them-

http://www.driveandstayalive.com/art...ing-lights.htm

Yes- Joe Jacuzzi is his real name-

Chevrolet Communications
    Chevrolet Central Office
    100 Renaissance Center
    Mail Code: 482-A29-D76
    Detroit, MI 48265-1000
    Fax: 313-667-4007

Name and Responsibilities
    Phone Joe Jacuzzi 313-667-9181 Director of Communications

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Now I know what one of those buttons is for! Wish my 2004 AVEO LS SEDAN had these foglights like they were supposed to have until someone at Chevy AXED that idea!!

are you asking what the button are?

I know the middle one is for Hazzard lights

Thanks

I was speaking about the 2004 model, not the 2005.
    Well, I've also read through the PDF Owner's Manual for 2004 model year, and the fog lamps band on the lever, a well as the fuses in the engine compartment, are still there (p.p. 3-7 and 5-88 to 5-90). Just visit your local GM service, I think they should have ordered and installed the lamps gladly...

Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy Malibu 2016 Red

Well, I've also read through the PDF Owner's Manual for 2004 model year, and the fog lamps band on the lever, a well as the fuses in the engine compartment, are still there (p.p. 3-7 and 5-88 to 5-90). Just visit your local GM service, I think they should have ordered and installed the lamps gladly...
    I KNOW what the owner's manual says. I read it too! You're NOT listening to me. The fog lights were DROPPED from the 2004 AVEO lineup. They were NOT even offered as an option. There is NO fog lamp band on the USA models! I know what the picture shows, but I know what the turn signal stalk looks like in my car.

Enough time spent on this topic. I was previously told that the fog lights from the Canadian model could not be retrofitted to the USA Chevy the way they come from the factory. I'm sure I could get the lights now from Chevy and have someone install them, but they will not be set up the same as they are on the 2005 model.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

the fog lights from the Canadian model could not be retrofitted to the USA Chevy the way they come from the factory. I'm sure I could get the lights now from Chevy and have someone install them, but they will not be set up the same
    This is the part I don't understand - what part won't be "set up the same" exactly? In Moscow, they can set you up anything in any place, no matter the car model and make

IMHO, the only difference between factory and dealer/service installation I can think of is the placement of wired cables in the engine compartment, but I don't believe it's all that critical if they are either sticked to the interiors with an adhesive tape or duly placed in a vacuum-sealed plastic tube along with other cables

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information