C6 Z06 Spotted

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: C6 Z06 Spotted

Thanks

C6 Z06 Spotted

My girlfriend called me on her way home from work and said she saw a strange corvette screwing aroung in traffic. she described it to me as having huge breaks with huge calipers, vents in front of rear tires, and a small scoop on the nose of the hood. She said it had a manufacturers plate, but had no Corvette or Z06 badges on it. It had black powder coated rims, and was blue. This was on Hall rd. and Garfield in Sterling Heights Michigan.

UPDATE !!!!

The car my girlfriend saw was not a Z06...It was this
    Last edited by acascianelli; 06-29-2005 at 03:33 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: C6 Z06 Spotted

first off, you have a girlfriend that knows that much about cars to notice the Z06 and describe it/answer questions.... you're so lucky!!!

oh, and about the car itself, sounds nice. when's their ETA in dealers again?? i've only recently started seeing C6's at all (but my town can be a bit delayed when it comes to some cars). the local chevy/HUMMER dealership is right across the interstate from my work, i might swing by there sometime and check out the Z06, new W-bodies, and the H3 when they're all there together.

Thanks

i went on the 2005 Hot Rod Power Tour and there was a guy from the bowling green factory on the whole tour with a brand new preproduction black Z06, nicest car i've ever seen, and he said he was getting around 24-25 mpg on the highway with it

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RWD60
    first off, you have a girlfriend that knows that much about cars to notice the Z06 and describe it/answer questions.... you're so lucky!!!

oh, and about the car itself, sounds nice. when's their ETA in dealers again?? i've only recently started seeing C6's at all (but my town can be a bit delayed when it comes to some cars). the local chevy/HUMMER dealership is right across the interstate from my work, i might swing by there sometime and check out the Z06, new W-bodies, and the H3 when they're all there together.
    Fall 2005
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Thanks

that's what i thought, but GM has been pulling those 3 month delays lately, so wasn't 100% sure. i know one thing i'm doing while home for fall break is then

Thanks

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102690

I wonder if this is what she actually saw.

Update:

Upon showing this link to my girlfriend, she immediatly said "Thats the car I saw" I think what she really saw this "Blue Devil" car which has the 7L Z06 motor blown to 600+ hp.

She also said that the car she saw had T-tops and as you can see in the pics, this car also has T-tops.
    Last edited by acascianelli; 06-29-2005 at 03:27 PM.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information