anyone have luck negogiating price of Cruze?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone have luck negogiating price of Cruze?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

anyone have luck negogiating price of Cruze?

I went to go test drive a Cruze and getting some quotes on the models. I asked the salesman if there was any room for negotiation in the price, he said no. He said they sell for sticker price. I'm thinking I was probably not serious enough Is it possible to get a discount on it?

I'm looking to negotiate a price once that is accomplished. I bring out my GM points and student bonus to sweeten the deal even more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevrolet SS PBM

Re: anyone have luck negogiating price of Cruze?

Quote Originally Posted by jb1986_GM View Post
    I went to go test drive a Cruze and getting some quotes on the models. I asked the salesman if there was any room for negotiation in the price, he said no. He said they sell for sticker price. I'm thinking I was probably not serious enough Is it possible to get a discount on it?

I'm looking to negotiate a price once that is accomplished. I bring out my GM points and student bonus to sweeten the deal even more.
    In the Philadelphia area, every dealer was offering $500 or so under MSRP, regardless if it was an LS or LT or ECO.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unkillsam View Post
    In the Philadelphia area, every dealer was offering $500 or so under MSRP, regardless if it was an LS or LT or ECO.
    Is that true MSRP, or after dealer add ons?

How are the dealers on prep, doc, and other fees, ect?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevrolet SS PBM

Quote Originally Posted by MrCritical View Post
    Is that true MSRP, or after dealer add ons?

How are the dealers on prep, doc, and other fees, ect?
    True MSRP. For example, my wifes new 2011 Cruze Eco was $19,420 w/destination charge. We dealer traded from our local guy, but out of curiosity I did pop in to 2 other dealers and got the same price. Also, when I built a Cruze on the chevy.com website a week and a half ago, I got quotes from 5 dealers ranging from $400 to $600 under true MSRP.

So we were able to go from $19,420 to $18,900 sale price right off the bat with no haggling.

If the dealer gives you problems take a printout of Edmunds TMV with you. As far as fees go, I would never deal with a dealer that charges for prep. Doc fees I can handle as I know that there are costs associated with it but I wouldn't go for more than $150.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jb1986_GM View Post

Student bonus?

I thought GM did away with the $500 a car bonus for college grads and put in place the college discount program instead.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Find out what the car actually costs, make a reasonable offer...if the dealer says "no", walk and find another dealer. They have to sell the car, you don't have to buy it.
    In my garage:

2006 Pontiac GTO
    2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Coupe
    2012 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT
    2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silvergoat2k6 View Post
    Find out what the car actually costs, make a reasonable offer...if the dealer says "no", walk and find another dealer. They have to sell the car, you don't have to buy it.
    Indeed, the dealer does have to sell the car. For whatever the market will bear.

Don't buy a car based only on sale price. Please. I hope you're smarter than that. There are many considerations besides sale price.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevrolet SS PBM

Indeed, the dealer does have to sell the car. For whatever the market will bear.

Don't buy a car based only on sale price. Please. I hope you're smarter than that. There are many considerations besides sale price.
    Just curious (and not to sound rude) but what do you mean by that?

Now I don't mind paying a few hundred extra dollars for better service, but in my experience you can often get just as good a deal from a small dealer with excellent service as a larger dealer with poor service.

Thanks

Just speak to some customers who do business there. Ck BBB reports.

There is a local dealer here who advertises and regularly quotes prices that they can't meet, payments they can't meet. (Not a GM dealer).

The customer agrees to a deal, only to find out that what they agreed to is not what they got. Admittedly, you should know what you're signing, but the truth is that many people don't. People have signed a "liabilty waiver" to test drive a car, only to be told later that they have purchased the car. And the service is horrible. Their BBB complaints quadruple the percentage of the next highest dealer of any make.

In this day of internet access, I can't believe that someone like that stays in business, but they seem to do pretty well.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevrolet SS PBM

Just speak to some customers who do business there. Ck BBB reports.

There is a local dealer here who advertises and regularly quotes prices that they can't meet, payments they can't meet. (Not a GM dealer).

The customer agrees to a deal, only to find out that what they agreed to is not what they got. Admittedly, you should know what you're signing, but the truth is that many people don't. People have signed a "liabilty waiver" to test drive a car, only to be told later that they have purchased the car. And the service is horrible. Their BBB complaints quadruple the percentage of the next highest dealer of any make.

In this day of internet access, I can't believe that someone like that stays in business, but they seem to do pretty well.
    Where are you talking about? I see no specific dealer mentioned in the thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unkillsam View Post
    Where are you talking about? I see no specific dealer mentioned in the thread.
    Was just mentioning a dealer as an example.

As you said, the size of the dealer doesn't equal great service after the sale.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Once you decide on what vehicle you are going to buy, getting the best price should be your #1 priority...why pay more than you have to? When I bought my GTO, I had quotes that were all over the place...bottom line, best price won. The fact that it was also the most pleasant experience I've ever had buying a new car was just a bonus.

Bottom line: even if the best price is only $500 cheaper, that's still $500 in your pocket, and not the dealer's.
    In my garage:

2006 Pontiac GTO
    2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Coupe
    2012 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT
    2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Looks like the best deals right now are through GM College and Ebay Dealers.

4% off sticker is the top deal. Ebay dealers will be in no hurry to contact you. My understanding if you qualify for GM College pricing you still face the problem of a dealer not wanting to sell you off the lot but order it instead.

I live in a small metro market and there war only 3 Cruzes any model within 25miles and all of them are in a nearby small town about 16 miles away.

Walking
    Thanks

Hi there,

I do some web work for GM and happen to come across this thread. Any current college students or those who have graduated within the last two years qualify for the GM College Discount Program. If you're eligible, you get the GM supplier discount price which is offered to preferred GM suppliers that’s below MSRP.
    The website has some pretty useful info: http://bit.ly/dqKjne. There is also a Facebook Page if you want to chat with others who have used the discount: http://bit.ly/caU470.

Hope this helps!
    -Colleen

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Simmons in Elmira Heights has a white LTZ that stickers for $23645. It's on sale for
    22599. They also have a silver LT for 19915 sticker on sale for 18999 so apparently there is room for some money off on these cars.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information