Anybody else upset at Chevy?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody else upset at Chevy?

Thanks
    Sorry, but this is gonna be long :type: ... I think right now Chevy is heading in the right direction in just about every division. They have their economy cars with the malibu and aveo, family type car with the Impala, doing better than average with the SUV trailblazer, doing great with the silverados and colarados and great as always with the sports car Vette. Then they have a decent front wheeled drive performance car with the Monte SS. Whats one area they are lagging or should i say have no car really to speak of? A performance RWD V-8. Ever since the camaro left Chevy hasn't even attempted to replace it with anything. As soon as that last Camaro left the assembly line, the Monte SS should have been the next car to carry that RWD performance torch, but Chevy dropped the ball, BIG TIME! right now the Monte SS should be a RWD powered with an LS1 and whoopin the butt of the Mustang. There is so much damn marketablitly with the MOnte because of its NASCAR history that Chevy is stupid to wait so long to put out a RWD Monte. so many times you would hear "rwd in 2004", "rwd in 2005", and now i'm hearing "rwd in 2008".
    I'm beginning to think that Chevy's Sedan and Coupe division is 100% fuel economy. Chevy shpuld go back with what worked for them back in the 60's and early 70's...power. The Mustang GT has 260 horse and gets almost 20 GPM in the city and how many of those do you see on the streets, alot. I think that Bob Lutz and the crew has to finally pull their heads out of their asses and put out an reasonably priced rwd performance car before its too late and you see more Mustangs out there, and don't forget about the hemi powered lineup that chysler is coming out with. hopefully Chevy will get the idea before 2008 :plasma:

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    they do have the GTO but yes they do need more rwd v8 cars
    i saw a newer i think 98 or 99 rwd v8 monte carlo in popular hotrodding
    so it wouldnt be that hard to do

Thanks
    i know what car you are talking about, it was before the last body change, when the car still looked like a 2 door lumina. Those monte's were jokes nothing really performance about them and should not have even been called a Monte.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    yea
    i do beleive we're getting screwed by gm
    there are 2 cars that gm saudia arabia has that should be here
    one is a el camino looking and the other is the same car that the GTO came from but its a chevy theyre both rwd and v8
    it called the lumina ss, it would be the perfect rwd v8 camaro or montecarlo with a little changes

AND DONT BOTHER REPLYING IF ALL YOUR GONNA SAY
    BUT THE PLATFORM OR CHASSIS IS OUTDATED OR THE INTERIOR IS CHEAP
    OR THE CAR HAS OLD STYLING

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar dav305z's Avatar
    Thanks
    chevy's problem is that gm hasnt exactly figured out what it wants every brand to be yet. Caddy is right on target, and Pontiac and Buick at least have certain goals, but what about chevy? specifically, where does it fit with saturn. i think saturn and its line up gives chevy the chance to build traditional american cars ala the 300c. Chevy's probably the greatest brand name in America and GM is squandering it.
    Hidden Content
    "The movement you need is on your shoulders" - Paul McCartney

Thanks
    327, i think you hit the nail on the head. they already have the platforms in the middle east and they work, why can't they make a platform over here that works. Not that they don't have a bad platform to work with. Personally, i love the new Monte's. I like the exterior and the interior and the drivetrain, i just don't think the drivetrain belongs on this car. Chevy just should have taken the Camaro drivetrain and put it in the Monte and the car would have been awsome

Thanks
    EXACTLY
    since they got rid of the camaro
    why the hell didnt they keep making their rwd chassis and putting them in other cars like the monte, then they coulda made their own gto instead of importing one
    and then we would had a rwd impala and maybe even a elcamino and Grand Prix, Bonneville or malibu too

Thanks
    my father used to have an explorer, the worst thing about it was that nobody could sit in the back seat comfortable and it was an SUV. But in a Monte a two door coupe, there was more rear seat legroom than the top selling SUV...go figure

Thanks
    Personally I find most of the modern body styles from ALL car makers to be very boring and too cookie cutter for my likes.

Thanks
    has anyone seen the lumina they sell everywhere but the united states. its a rwd v8 or v6 car, its been the number one car in its class for the last 7 years, but they don't sell it here.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Swahili's Avatar
    Thanks
    When GM rolls out the newer Zeta based models in a couple years, the gap will be filled in. Hopefully it isn't too late by then. They'll still have a buyer with me, but I don't know if other people will have gone elsewhere by then.
    Hidden Content

2000 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. Black, 3800 Series II V6, 4 speed automatic - 150,500km.

Thanks
    Chevy has two rear wheel drive V-8 performance vehicles. The Corvette and the SSR. You probably meant "affordable" V-8 performance vehicle, and to that I would agree that it would be nice. The only downside is that even if you make it affordable, they still aren't here. What I mean by that is if you buy a rear wheel drive performance car here in the north, you still need something to drive in the winter. So you are back to having a summer only car. I started selling Chevy's in 2001, so I missed most of the Camaro's run, but in the year and a half they were on the lot when I worked there we didn't sell a single one. The Impala SS and Monte Carlo supercharged are great, but they don't really sell either. I think it's funny the things I hear people say they want on this site are things that don't sell in great numbers. Maybe it's because people on this site are enthusiasts, maybe the dealership I work at is different than the rest of the country. I agree it would be cool to have a real replacement for the Camaro, but I know I wouldn't buy one, and I don't think it would sell very well at my dealership.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member BigAls87Z28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Boys and Girls...please calm down.

No, there is no reason to bring the present Holden chassis here. It would take too long to get the chassis up and running. By the time you do that, Oshawa will be tooled up for Zeta, and Willmington will be ready for Kappa.

Does Chevy NEED a RWD V8 powerd coupe? No. Do you? Yes. Do I? Yes. But Chevy doesnt NEED a RWD coupe. If you really want one, there are tons of 04 GTO's out there with 350hp, 6spd, and IRS with an interior that would make most Caddys blush.
    There is a reason Holden doesnt sell there cars here...cause no one wants to buy them. Everywhere else, people can understand what a true car is. But if it doesnt come with (insert "techy" item here) then its not worth the coin.
    Alexander Villani
    GMInsideNews Writer/Editor

Have some news?
    Email Me: Hidden Content
    Follow me on twitter: @AlexVGMI

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    That was a good assessment, BigAl.
    The GTO, for all it's worth, sold like the flu. I have a better chance of catching Osama in Chicago than a GTO. So, just talking of horsepower or RWD or some Greek platform doesn't make it. The buyers didn't get turned on-the numbers (or lack there of) don't lie. Like soup, all the ingredients must work together.
    Maybe it's my growing up with RWD's; maybe it is the Chicago weather. But there was a huge improvement of driveability in the snow when the first FWD's were introduced. That's a fact. How many big motored, RWD's couldn't make it off the curb without sliding. So, when it came to buying my last car-a car that will be driven on Chicago streets and not by California beaches, I looked to FWD being a big factor. If I lived in the South or Southwest, I'd have a Camaro.
    Style-wise, the new Monte did not turn me on (it is so-so). What did was GM's upgrading the transmission and using a proven 3.8 motor. And I don't need to duck my head to lean out or try to discern what's in some small side view mirrors (Dodge Stratus coupe).

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 giagastormer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 327
    AND DONT BOTHER REPLYING IF ALL YOUR GONNA SAY
    BUT THE PLATFORM OR CHASSIS IS OUTDATED OR THE INTERIOR IS CHEAP
    OR THE CAR HAS OLD STYLING
    The car has old styling, it would not do well in the U.S market. It would also be pricey too, like the GTO. And then you would be b!tching because GM is "screwing us over" by not offering a V8 powered, rwd muscle car for under $30,000.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information