86 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 86 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

Walking
    Thanks

86 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

Hi I have an 86 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe. It never had a window sticker according to a Prominent GM historian. My question is how can I get supporting documentation that the car was a PEP car and according to the 86 registry it is the first 86 built. Any ideas how I would be able to get supporting documentation for that. The serial number is 1G1GZ37G2GR140123. The last 3 digits 123 are is supposed to be the indicator that this is the first 86 ever produced.Thanks in advance apetridis

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 86 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

You're historian is probably right and wrong.

The Monte Carlo had a window sticker on it when it left Arlington headed to Cars and Concepts for the Aerocoupe conversion. It wouldn't have reflected any of the work that CC did on the conversion. CC probably removed it to do the conversion. Who knows what they did with it. I assume they are no longer in business. They should have provided the original selling dealer with a modified window sticker including the work that they did to put on the car WITH the original sticker from Arlington. It's illegal to sell a vehicle without the window sticker in the U.S.

Getting documentation from GM on a vehicle 28 model years old is impossible. It will never, ever, happen. They're not built to do it, it's no one's job. You might keep trying Monte Carlo owner's clubs for ideas. Have you looked in the springs under all the seats of your car (including the rear seat?).

Thanks
    My Ride
    Cadillac ATS 2017 Blue

Every once in awhile I've seen one of these in Florida. I remember only seeing a white or silver one. I've never seen one in Cali......that I recall. SoFla Chevy dealerships all seemed to get one for display.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 rockyspaw's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 535 Posts
    My Ride
    16 ATS 3.6 05 Rainier 81 Vette

I've seen several around here, including the Grand Prix 2+2. I believe the 1987 Aerocoupes were available in black, white, silver and burgundy, while the 1986 was white only.
    I wish they all could be California squirrels!
    Past Rides: 2009 G6 GXP (Love/Hate/RIP), 2003 Grand Am GT1 (saved me), 1995 Bonneville SLE (RIP), 1986 635 CSi, 1984 Estate Wagon, 1978 Malibu Classic, 1978 Corvette, 1975 Vega Kammback (Miss ya'), 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger (STFU...it got me there!)

"Nothing happens until something happens then everything happens!"

Thanks
    My Ride
    1988 Corvette/1971 Corvette

Rare car ya got there!! Love it..I sold them back in 86 and 87. Never realized only 200 Aeros were sold in 86

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information