36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

  1. #1
    Guest
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...&postid=409831

    Check this out, it's crazy stuff. All the car enthusiasts on the net should organize a rescue party.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 desmo9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4,519
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    What's with the big colorful stripe thing running along the side of many of them???

  4. #3
    6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,024
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    Thats what the guy wants to or wanted to paint them, hopefully the artists plan never comes to fruition. It's very sad to see such nice cars just sitting and not getting used.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    327
    327 is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,649
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    WOW!, I hope they dont paint them though, especially that 53, that shouldnt be allowed whatsoever!

    that article says the 53 through 68 are worth a million and a half, Id bet they could get 100k+ for the 53 at barret jackson,
    Last edited by 327; 05-11-2005 at 08:34 PM.

  7. #5
    6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,024
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    Quote Originally Posted by 327
    WOW!, I hope they dont paint them though, especially that 53, that shouldnt be allowed whatsoever!

    that article says the 53 through 68 are worth a million and a half, Id bet they could get 100k+ for the 53 at barret jackson,
    Yea those vettes are worth a lot, the guy paid just under 500k for all of them to!! What a steal.

  8. #6
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Rockville MD/ Columbus OH
    Posts
    3,528
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    Quote Originally Posted by sceltor
    All the car enthusiasts on the net should organize a rescue party.
    Does anyone know where we can rent a couple of car carriers? I say we break them out
    Proud driver of a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    5.2 Magnum V8
    164,000 miles

  9. #7
    327
    327 is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,649
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    it says on one of the posts after the article, on digitalcorvettes, that they emailed barret jackson and some private collectors. I hope they answer to it

  10. #8
    6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,024
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    Someone on the corvette site posted this:

    For questions about the Peter Max Store please review the Store's Help Section, or for questions about Peter and his artwork, please review our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).

    If you need assistance, or wish to contact Peter Max, you can e-mail the Peter Max Studio at:

    [email protected]


    [email protected]

  11. #9
    327
    327 is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,649
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    i like this suggestion!
    from digitalcorvettes

    Here's the plan:

    We take one original Peter Maxx painting for ea. year he has been doing artwork.

    We then announce we're going spray paint them all with grafitti.

    Then sit back and watch the outcry from the art world.

    We then hold the paintings hostage until they agree to release the Vettes.

    For coming up with this idea, I automatically get the '62



    i want that yellow 1970 big block, thats worth some money

  12. #10
    6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,024
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    Quote Originally Posted by 327
    i like this suggestion!
    from digitalcorvettes

    Here's the plan:

    We take one original Peter Maxx painting for ea. year he has been doing artwork.

    We then announce we're going spray paint them all with grafitti.

    Then sit back and watch the outcry from the art world.

    We then hold the paintings hostage until they agree to release the Vettes.

    For coming up with this idea, I automatically get the '62



    i want that yellow 1970 big block, thats worth some money
    Haha sounds like a good plan.

  13. #11
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Rockville MD/ Columbus OH
    Posts
    3,528
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    Quote Originally Posted by 327
    i like this suggestion!
    from digitalcorvettes

    Here's the plan:

    We take one original Peter Maxx painting for ea. year he has been doing artwork.

    We then announce we're going spray paint them all with grafitti.

    Then sit back and watch the outcry from the art world.

    We then hold the paintings hostage until they agree to release the Vettes.

    For coming up with this idea, I automatically get the '62



    i want that yellow 1970 big block, thats worth some money
    Only one problem with your plan; Peter Maxx isn't the Corvette of painters. We need to take a bunch of oringinal work from more famous painters, and threaten to paint them over. It would cause more of an outcry from the art world.
    For coming up with this revison to your great idea, I get the '67
    Proud driver of a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    5.2 Magnum V8
    164,000 miles

  14. #12
    Guest
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    You know what the worst part is? He expected people to like what he wanted to do. An article said he had visions of painting the cars (likely rainbow and other hideous schemes) and then parading them out at a football game or something like that and having people go, "Ohh, look at those Peter Max cars!" I think I more likely response would have been sheer revulsion, especially from even the slightest car enthusiast.

  15. #13
    6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,024
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    Quote Originally Posted by sceltor
    You know what the worst part is? He expected people to like what he wanted to do. An article said he had visions of painting the cars (likely rainbow and other hideous schemes) and then parading them out at a football game or something like that and having people go, "Ohh, look at those Peter Max cars!" I think I more likely response would have been sheer revulsion, especially from even the slightest car enthusiast.
    Yea a true car enthusiast would not want to see cars painted like a freakin rainbow. Does anyone else think that painting the cars as the Artist wants to would hurt the cars values some?

  16. #14
    327
    327 is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,649
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    Quote Originally Posted by 460ford
    Yea a true car enthusiast would not want to see cars painted like a freakin rainbow. Does anyone else think that painting the cars as the Artist wants to would hurt the cars values some?
    O it wouldnt be some, It would be throwing that million and a half or more into the toilet. Not many places you can find a original 53 vette, and along with the other untouched near unused cars

  17. #15
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 cemaxc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Texan in Motor City
    Posts
    818
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My Ride
    Corvette/2001/Magnetic Red

    Re: 36 Corvettes held hostage by artist!

    The Corvettes are housed in NewWalk Life Style Condos in Brooklyn. I call the '63 split window.
    Current Family Rides:
    Mine: 2006 Saturn Vue
    2001 Chevrolet Corvette
    Sisters: 2008 Saab 9-7x
    Moms: 2011 Buick Enclave
    Dads: 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
    1994 Chevrolet Suburban
    1986 Buick LeSabre

  18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2