2025 Chevrolet Impala: A Retrospective Study To Saving America’s Large Sedan

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2025 Chevrolet Impala: A Retrospective Study To Saving America’s Large Sedan

News Contributor Premium Member EJD1984's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,238 Times in 1,103 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra

Carscoops
    Josh Byrnes
    December 1, 2019

A Muscular Re-imagining

Sadly the current Impala has all the appeal of a mid-2000’s Accord with some mildly-interesting rear fender creases, so you can’t blame punters for choosing a crossover over this four-door beige-mobile that’s a faint shadow of its former self.

To address this, my study pays homage to the 1964 Impala 4-door hardtop with its frameless windows and clean body lines, while also borrowing elements from the more curvy 1967 model. To bring it into the future, Chevrolet’s street-inspired design language is utilised, with elements from the Camaro and Corvette infused into the metalwork.
    *Full Article at Link

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EJD1984 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (12-01-2019),SierraGS (12-01-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,367 Posts

Re: 2025 Chevrolet Impala: A Retrospective Study To Saving America’s Large Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by EJD1984 View Post
    Carscoops
    Josh Byrnes
    December 1, 2019

Interesting Idea that just might work.

Think there is more demand for large sedans than most think and by combining the Impala with a 4-Door Camaro (covers 2 segments) could provide enough volume to justify it's production and possibly save the Camaro Coupe.

Would need to use an Omega sized base for enough interior space and would allow the CT6 to continue as well as the Lacrosse as the Avista it should have always been.

Even if restricted to a new Impala and continuation of the CT6, it might be viable.

Does need to retain the 6.2L V8 as an option.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Buick Regal Turbo

Re: 2025 Chevrolet Impala: A Retrospective Study To Saving America’s Large Sedan

I'm beginning to realize that if you're dropping that kind of money on a new vehicle, it really does make more sense to look at a crossover. That wasn't always an option, but I can see how that choice has diminished the full-size sedans importance in the market.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DequindreToo For This Useful Post:

Self Reliance (12-02-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 1,974 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I was over there looking at that story and I think the rendering they have is terrible, basically a 4 dr. Camaro. Sadly I think sedans are becoming a thing of the past as far as a major portion of the market. They are not dead and again-because I've said it before-GM, and Ford as well, need to be more creative and bring out ones the people want. I see a lot the new Avalon's out on the streets so there is a market.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

Mr.Buttons (12-01-2019)

09W
    Thanks

Accord U.S. sales dropped 42% in just 5 years.
    Automakers, regardless of the badge, cannot retain sedan buyers.
    There's a market, but it's shrinking by the HOUR.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 09W For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (12-02-2019),Self Reliance (12-02-2019)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

I would be interested in a true FULL size RWD Impala. My first car was a 65 Impala.
    A 4 door Camaro is not what any full size Chevy owner wants.
    And if they put any of the Transformer movies styling cue of the Camaro and Corvette into a future Impala it will not generate sales.
    GM/Chevrolet needs to either do it right or not try at all.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SierraGS View Post
    Interesting Idea that just might work.

Think there is more demand for large sedans than most think and by combining the Impala with a 4-Door Camaro (covers 2 segments) could provide enough volume to justify it's production and possibly save the Camaro Coupe.

Would need to use an Omega sized base for enough interior space and would allow the CT6 to continue as well as the Lacrosse as the Avista it should have always been.

Even if restricted to a new Impala and continuation of the CT6, it might be viable.

Does need to retain the 6.2L V8 as an option.
    Try full EV with this retro styling. Won’t have a problem selling. There are plenty of sedan EV buyers out there but was forced to buy a Model 3 lol
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 12’ Infiniti M37S
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Myron 65 View Post
    I would be interested in a true FULL size RWD Impala. My first car was a 65 Impala.
    A 4 door Camaro is not what any full size Chevy owner wants.
    And if they put any of the Transformer movies styling cue of the Camaro and Corvette into a future Impala it will not generate sales.
    GM/Chevrolet needs to either do it right or not try at all.
    And GM has decided to stop trying. If you want a four door Camaro take a look at a Blazer.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,915 Times in 3,969 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

It's easy to look over at FCA and their rwd offerings, but how much of those sales are based on price? FCA can sell at a bargain price as the equipment to build the underlying mechanicals are old and long since depreciated. Put in a new chassis, etc. and I bet FCA will need to raise the price substantially which I bet would have quite an impact on volume. In other words, I don't think GM or any other manufacturer can match what we see at FCA.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (12-02-2019),Self Reliance (12-02-2019)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    And GM has decided to stop trying. If you want a four door Camaro take a look at a Blazer.
    But the Blazer isn't even RWD.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,845 Times in 1,093 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Myron 65 View Post
    But the Blazer isn't even RWD.
    I believe he was being facetious, hence the smiley.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

Mr.Buttons (12-02-2019)

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,144 Times in 3,248 Posts

That's cool, so.......................forget it.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Z284ever For This Useful Post:

Mr.Buttons (12-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,915 Times in 3,969 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    That's cool, so.......................forget it.
    But to my point above, do you think GM could build that and sell at the price that FCA does? I don't think they can, nor do I think FCA can if they give the Charger/300 a new chassis.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (12-02-2019),JimmyDiablo (12-02-2019)

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,144 Times in 3,248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    But to my point above, do you think GM could build that and sell at the price that FCA does? I don't think they can, nor do I think FCA can if they give the Charger/300 a new chassis.
    First and foremost, they require the will to do so. Everything usually follows after that

Second, since Alpha 2 appears to have been killed, Alpha has been around long enough to have amortized substantial costs out of. Also, a pity GM allowed the 6th gen Camaro to be such a sales flop, they were planning sales volumes which would have allowed them to print money from Alpha.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,845 Times in 1,093 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    This can't be overstated enough and needs to be shouted from the rooftops and beaten into GMI'ers brains forthwith!!

FCA is literally giving away free hellcats. No one on this planet can possibly believe that GM has sold enough Alphas to be able to do that with an LT4 powered sedan. It's just inconceivable.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (12-02-2019)

27. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information