2019 equinox window wind noise.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 2019 equinox window wind noise.

Walking
    Thanks
    I have a company car. 2019 equinox. I've seen other posts about the noise oscillation when windows are down. The car is INTOLERABLE when driven at more than 40mph with ANY window down. What is wrong with engineers that would design, test, and market a car with this defect. This fault was not designed with a car lovers in mind. This was made for the mass of low intelligence snow flakes that think the reason for windows is so they can get their Starbucks poison or fat burger at a drive thru. I've read other complaints of this as far back as 2007. 12yrs and they cant fix it. Oh, and for all those idiots that complained about, its called Helmholtz resonator. Look it up. There's no excuse to make a car with windows that roll down that you cant roll down a enjoy a drive in the country side. Inexcusable.
    Last edited by nauhteeboy; 08-28-2019 at 05:17 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,256 Posts

Re: 2019 equinox window wind noise.

Quote Originally Posted by nauhteeboy View Post
    I have a company car. 2019 equinox. I've seen other posts about the noise oscillation when windows are down. The car is INTOLERABLE when driven at more than 40mph with ANY window down. What is wrong with engineers that would design, test, and market a car with this defect. This fault was not designed with a car lovers in mind. This was made for the mass of low intelligence snow flakes that think the reason for windows is so they can get their Starbucks poison or fat burger at a drive thru. I've read other complaints of this as far back as 2007. 12yrs and they cant fix it. Oh, and for all those idiots that complained about, its called Helmholtz resonator. Look it up. There's no excuse to make a car with windows that roll down that you cant roll down a enjoy a drive in the country side. Inexcusable.
    My Enclave does the same thing...the workaround is to open all the windows or the sunroof.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 08-29-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Thanks
    My Ride
    Cruze 2.0L Turbo Diesel

What works for me is opening the opposite rear window partially.
    Drivers window fully open, RR maybe 1/4 open does the trick.
    Works on many different models and brands from what I've found.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,335 Times in 4,568 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

I've never been in a car where buffeting doesn't occur with one window cracked an inch.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

Vagon11 (08-29-2019)

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I've never been in a car where buffeting doesn't occur with one window cracked an inch.
    You can't be talking about the same type of buffeting the OP is talking about. He's talking about the low frequency buffeting that is so severe that you can actually see the roof panel flexing. If all of your cars do that w/ just the drivers side down, then you've been in some pretty poorly engineered cars. My Dodge, Versa, nor my 6 buffet with the front windows cracked. Now if you roll down one of the rears only, then yes...you'll get some buffeting. In the Buick, I get it if I roll down one or both of my fronts, but it's remedied by rolling down a rear as well...Nothing to really start a thread to b--ch about but it is a thing.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,335 Times in 4,568 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    You can't be talking about the same type of buffeting the OP is talking about. He's talking about the low frequency buffeting that is so severe that you can actually see the roof panel flexing. If all of your cars do that w/ just the drivers side down, then you've been in some pretty poorly engineered cars. My Dodge, Versa, nor my 6 buffet with the front windows cracked. Now if you roll down one of the rears only, then yes...you'll get some buffeting. In the Buick, I get it if I roll down one or both of my fronts, but it's remedied by rolling down a rear as well...Nothing to really start a thread to b--ch about but it is a thing.
    Ah, yes, just talking about the buffeting that kills my eardrums. I've never experienced the roof panel or anything else shaking.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information