2016 Chevy volt questions?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 2016 Chevy volt questions?

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

2016 Chevy volt questions?

Quick questions one of the cars I'm really interested in as m next vehicle is the 2016 chevy volt. Thing is nothing concrete on arrival times, round about pricing etc is even in the air. From what I'm seeing the hatchback is bigger so cargo space has grown possibly and the styling has made it smaller it seems. The questions I really have is are the rumors true that the cost is reduced, and does it seem like this car will be good for car seats/strollers

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,061 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Re: 2016 Chevy volt questions?

I would imagine strollers fold down but best to wait for the reveal in ny city to find out if strollers fit.

As far as the vehicle goes if you drive less than 50 miles round trip to work you could benefit from this vehicles extended range.

To bad you weren't available to call in to autoline.tv today at 3 pm eastern time as the volt chief engineer Mr Farrah was awesome as a guest today.

If you would have posted this yesterday I would have asked the question for you.

Another option is the upcoming Chevy Malibu offers a volt like hybrid that gets 45 mpg supposedly.

The volt goes 50 miles on electric and then gets 41 mpg on the gas engine.

All depends on your particular driving requirements which will suit you better.

I hear the new volt is even quicker to 30 mph in I believe 2.4 seconds and to 60 mph figure 8.4 seconds.

I wish gm would have offered the volt as the bolt with 200 mile all electric range and tesla like performance in a smaller package. I'm not a fan of the bolt styling we saw previously.

Interestingly Mr Farrah did mention the new volt could be a star at the upcoming a SEMA show with performance upgrades.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information