2016 Chevelle or 2015 Code 130r?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Chevelle or 2015 Code 130r?

Walking
    Thanks

2016 Chevelle or 2015 Code 130r?

I hope this is the right place to ask something like this. Anyway I have seen post about the code 130r, and the chevelle rumors. What I don’t understand is some chevelle post use pictures of the 130r concept, but some use a rendering of what looks somewhat similar to the camaro. Is the rumored “chevelle” just a re-branded code 130r? Also I have heard the 130r is due in june. Is this true? Thanks for any help clearing this up for me. (Sorry if this is a stupid post, i just joined, and just recently started gaining intrest in the automotive scene)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,977 Times in 1,399 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

Re: 2016 Chevelle or 2015 Code 130r?

the Chevelle is a "PIPE dream" and ZERO confirmation and is assumed to be the chevy SS replacement built in North America based on the CADDY OMEGA chassis (up coming CT6 sedan)
    the Code 130R is assumed to be based on the "Alpha" short chassis possibly a "cheapened" version and would be a NON V8 car to compete with the Toyota-Subaru FT86/BRZ
    there is NO production Code 130r car known and HAS bean denied by GM "brass"
    [b]there is NO concept Chevelle I know of [b/]
    the pending closing of Holden manufacturing in Australia and the "death" of ZETA based Commodores/UTE's are a BIG subject around these parts

recap
    Chevelle RWD V8 Impala sized car 40K price
    130R compact NON V8 RWD car 20K price

there is snippets going around that the Commodore replacement WILL live up to the OZ commodore which is iconic down under for BEING RWD and V8 optional (most are)
    and officially the Commodore HAS not bean shown other then it is NOT unique to down under/Holden
    Last edited by richmond2000; 01-31-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Lincoln MKT

Don't be discouraged by this info though newbie!. GM has many many things similar you may be interested in!. Like, a small CUV!,or a small sedan,or a small P-up truck!. All with enough trunk and door sheet metal space to put whatever classic name on your new car to make it the car of old!.

Think about it,keep the "C" in "Cruze" (a forgettable name) and add hevelle to in and you'll a freshly made "Chevelle" that you can show off to all your lady friends!. All it takes is some tape and stickers;you know just like what GM does!.

Enjoy your new classic Chevelle or post modern Code 130r!. Cheers & Gears!.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Thanks for the help guys! I saw this article http://www.kchauto.com/2015-chevrole...date-features/ which is why I was asking about a release date. Really hope gm goes through with it, it would be awesome to have a cheaper sporty compact!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 910 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chevyFTW View Post
    I hope this is the right place to ask something like this. Anyway I have seen post about the code 130r, and the chevelle rumors. What I don’t understand is some chevelle post use pictures of the 130r concept, but some use a rendering of what looks somewhat similar to the camaro. Is the rumored “chevelle” just a re-branded code 130r? Also I have heard the 130r is due in june. Is this true? Thanks for any help clearing this up for me. (Sorry if this is a stupid post, i just joined, and just recently started gaining intrest in the automotive scene)
    You see some references to Chevelles in the C130R posts because it was a source of insperation for the C130R. There were pics of a Chevelle in one of the C130R videos GM released. Size-wise, a C130R would be more of a Nova than Chevelle.
    Join the Code 130R Facebook Group! Hidden Content

"Trying to be the world's fastest trombonist is like trying to be the world's tallest midget."
    Alan Raph, NYC Bass Trombonist

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys! I saw this article http://www.kchauto.com/2015-chevrole...date-features/ which is why I was asking about a release date. Really hope gm goes through with it, it would be awesome to have a cheaper sporty compact!
    I wouldn't believe a single thing from that website.

"Trying to be the world's fastest trombonist is like trying to be the world's tallest midget."

News Contributor Premium Member EJD1984's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,419 Times in 1,176 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra

I wish there was to be a new Chevelle, but with GM not trademarking the name for a "Motor Land Vehicle" I don't think so.

A Code 130r car is more likely, and it could about 2-3 years away. It'll probably utilize the cheaper Alpha platform that the now confirmed entry Cadillac with have.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EJD1984 View Post
    I wish there was to be a new Chevelle, but with GM not trademarking the name for a "Motor Land Vehicle" I don't think so.

A Code 130r car is more likely, and it could about 2-3 years away. It'll probably utilize the cheaper Alpha platform that the now confirmed entry Cadillac with have.
    Your linked article is from Aug. 2009.

News Contributor Premium Member EJD1984's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,419 Times in 1,176 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by posaune View Post
    Your linked article is from Aug. 2009.
    Sorry about that. (Not enough coffee yet.......lol) Fixed

Cadillac will develop entry-level sedan, de Nysschen says

Cadillac is developing a car that would fit below the ATS, de Nysschen said, declining to put a time frame on its arrival.

Unlike the front-wheel-drive layout of the CLA -- which is less expensive to develop and typically allows for more interior space -- Cadillac plans to build its future entry-level sedan on the same rwd platform that underpins the ATS, codenamed Alpha.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EJD1984 View Post
    Sorry about that. (Not enough coffee yet.......lol) Fixed

Cadillac will develop entry-level sedan, de Nysschen says
    I figured that is what you were talking about and can sympathize about the coffee.

Walking
    Thanks

If gm was to produce the "code 130r" what time frame would it most likely be? I know this year is extremely unlikely, but possibly a 2016 or 2017 year model? This is something I'm very intrested in, and would consider buying if it becomes a reality. (My old truck isn't exactly fuel efficient...its costing me a fortune to drive)

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,421 Times in 3,326 Posts

If gm was to produce the "code 130r" what time frame would it most likely be? I know this year is extremely unlikely, but possibly a 2016 or 2017 year model? This is something I'm very intrested in, and would consider buying if it becomes a reality. (My old truck isn't exactly fuel efficient...its costing me a fortune to drive)
    My advice? If you're looking for a new car, find something you like and buy it. At this point, it looks like a Code 130R type car is dead and won't be happening at all.
    Last edited by Z284ever; 01-31-2015 at 11:11 AM.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,772 Times in 5,645 Posts

Closest thing would probably be the new Camaro with the 2.0T, if it gets it. I wouldn't put too much stock in them producing a 130R.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,977 Times in 1,399 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

if green lighted NOW 2019 the soonest
    I would say if it was always "ON" with ZERO ivor/preproduction mules around 2017-18 window
    marketing wise I would say 2018 the earliest to coinside with the mid life point in the Camaro GENERATION

Walking
    Thanks

Just found this article http://www.leftlanenews.com/gm-hints...the-works.html I know its a bit outdated, but it at least gives us some hope for the 130r. I think it would be a great move for gm to make something to compete with the scion-frs (and that general market). Now all we can do is wait.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information