2014 Silverado & Stingray - $1.6M+ in revenue loss due to quality and service

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Silverado & Stingray - $1.6M+ in revenue loss due to quality and service

Walking
    Thanks

Angry 2014 Silverado & Stingray - $1.6M+ in revenue loss due to quality and service

To begin, I have been a loyal Chevrolet customer basically my whole life. Starting 10 years ago, I began to buy a new Silverado and Corvette at least every three years or on the onset of a new body style. Generally I buy a new truck every 1-2 years as I put a lot of miles on my vehicles. I flew across the country in July of 2013 to get the very first 2014 LTZ Silverado. To say it was a lemon is an understatement. After taking it in to fix all those bells and whistles I paid so much for, and the service at many different dealerships being so poor that I rode around for 36,000 miles in a truck with a broken seat... I gave up and traded it in for an ugly Dodge Ram a year ago. Its sore on the eyes, but its reliable.

As I cant imagine NOT owning a Corvette, I traded in my C6 Corvette for the C7 Stingray a year ago. Its a beautiful car, but prior to my first oil change I started having similar issues as I did with my Silverado. My touch screen navigation system shorts out and stays blacked out for extensive periods of time. Its annoying if you are driving 600 miles and you cant end your program navigation so every 15 seconds it say 'make a U-turn when possible'. My back up cameras malfunction and give me warnings that they need to be serviced. Just like the Silverado... I make an appointment for an oil change and to fix whatever widget is broke this 5,000 miles and I pick it up a day later and the receipt just says 'oil change' with no other repair. As I am now just shy of my warranty expiring (24,000 miles) I take it in and low and behold my 10 videos don't count of my radio not working... and it doesn't do it for the 10 minutes the technician runs the vehicle... so therefore it cannot be fixed. In fact, my husband waited for the car for FIVE HOURS as they ran a patch and conveniently wiped out the error codes and therefore there is nothing they can do. My receipt is for an oil change so there is no record of the 24,000 miles I rode in a BRAND NEW CORVETTE without the use of the nav system and radio and what seems like a constant annoyance in... let me say again... a brand new freaking corvette!!!!!!!! More so, the technician had a complete attitude with my husband. And when I left bad customer service survey, the manager was also rude and acted pissed off. He said we 'didn't give him a chance to fix it." Apparently the four appointments without an attempt was not enough chances. They have had my car for 5 days, with no intentions of fixing it, and want to give ME an attitude???? When I am without my car... AGAIN!!!!!!!

Its not one customer service department or dealership. I move non-stop for my job (which is how I put 40,000+ miles a year on my vehicles). From Jackson MS, Rosenberg TX, and Sugarland TX I have seen (4) different dealers. I have expressed my unhappiness, my expectation, the fact that it hasn't been fixed and yet I am always blown off.

So... do the math Chevy. I spend a minimum of $120,000 every three years on your vehicles. I'm 37 years old. I will be trading in my Stingray for an uglier (and yet I hope more reliable) Viper. I am no longer the loyal customer which I figure results in $1.6M loss in revenue over my lifetime. I don't have time to chase Chevrolet around to fix their products. In my opinion, at 5,000 miles your customer service should have experienced some shame that a $70,000 car screen wouldn't work and fixed it. But instead, you let the paying consumer drive it like that for 24,000 miles. 4 failed opportunities for appointments made at TWO different locations.

My commitment to you now, is to explain to you why your brand is crumbling: Customer Service and Quality Products. Furthermore, I now feel committed to sharing my experience and dissatisfaction with your brand to my community. With the Silverado, you had the opportunity to make things right with the "Chevy Buy Back Program." And you did not. Had it been one bad experience, I may have been forgiving. But a 2014 Silverado coupled with a 2014 Stingray points to a larger problem that you probably need to address. As is evident every time I am sitting at your facility, waiting for my vehicle to NOT be fixed AGAIN... I am always completely surrounded by people with the SAME EXACT ISSUE- Constantly having to take back their vehicles to be fixed... in which case they don't get FIXED until it is out of warranty. UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Z51 Corvette

Re: 2014 Silverado & Stingray - $1.6M+ in revenue loss due to quality and service

Wow! Proud owner of 2014 Sierra SLT and 2014 Z51 Corvette with no problems. I guess I will just give GM 1.6 million over the years buying their products. Did you think about trading Silvy in on a Chinese made Envision?
    Last edited by Pisswilly; 12-04-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,178 Times in 907 Posts
    My Ride
    CityBus Lafayette; Trek 7200

Re: 2014 Silverado & Stingray - $1.6M+ in revenue loss due to quality and service

Sorry to hear about your experience, cristithorne. Suffice to say that purchasing a newly designed GM car or light truck in its first model year is a huge gamble. My brother's 2013 ATS was bought back by General Motors back in October due an engine stalling issue that technicians at Capitol Cadillac were unable to fix after seven weeks of repair attempts. The dealership treated him well during the ordeal, and arbitration proceedings weren't too painful. That ATS was my brother's first GM product. It's also the last.

Pisswilly, you are very lucky indeed to have multiple newly designed, first model year GM products that are trouble free! Count your blessings - they number at least two.
    My modes of transportation: CityBus Greater Lafayette, rental cars (usually GM), bicycling, and walking.
    "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them." -Romans 1:18-19 (NKJV)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Z51 Corvette

Amen!

doh
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 doh's Avatar
    Thanks

In 1990, The Friend that started me in the business "May he rest in peace" was also New to Dealership Ownership. I remember him saying "It costs $850 in Advertising, and PR to get each new Customer to purchase a vehicle at a Dealership. What does it cost to retain a current Customer?"

I know that GM doesn't see this. Never has, but I hope that someday they might. I have been at this for 25 years, half with GM and half with Ford, I can say personally and professionally, they are 2 completely different Company when it comes to their Customers.

I wish you luck Chirsti, but we haven't even seen the GM Customer Rep on here for 2 years. At least she tried to help, as much as her prewritten script would allow.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ChrisGinNC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,685 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Ford F-150 - 2016 Chevy S

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    I wish you luck Chirsti, but we haven't even seen the GM Customer Rep on here for 2 years. At least she tried to help, as much as her prewritten script would allow.
    You're right. I'm active on several GM forums and I haven't seen the customer service people around in a while.
    2019 Silverado LTZ Z71 5.3L - Havana Brown
    2019 Silverado RST 4x4 5.3L - Black

Previous:
    2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.5L EB
    2016 Silverado LTZ 5.3L
    2016 F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    2016 Colorado Z71 Duramax
    2015 Sierra Denali
    2015 Sierra SLT
    2014 Silverado High Country

Hidden Content

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Pisswilly View Post
    Wow! Proud owner of 2014 Sierra SLT and 2014 Z51 Corvette with no problems. I guess I will just give GM 1.6 million over the years buying their products. Did you think about trading Silvy in on a Chinese made Envision?
    Did you read what she said? Did you? Huh? Did you? She said she's considering a Ram and Viper. They're not Chinese made.

How does your luck with GM vehicles somehow make her problems better? Going to swap with her?
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Z51 Corvette

Dohhhhhhh!

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,837 Times in 2,718 Posts
    My Ride
    2020 Pacifica Touring L Plus

I'll wish you luck in any future deal. Just be aware that no product is fail proof. The old saying about the grass is usually true.

I just have a question for you. What warranty expires at 24k miles?? Are you talking about the free oil changes?

Also a little education is in need. Every time you take it to a new dealership for the same problem that dealership has to begin the warranty work from step #1 again. Frustrating? Yes. Unexpected? No. Why do they do this? They have to assume that the other steps taken were either correct or incorrect. Do you trust other peoples work?

Banned
    Fishing with Zora and Ferdinand. LOL!!! The Z Man just pulled in a helluva Yellow Tail.. Let's Eat
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 753 Posts

Maybe U just need to not buy anymore GM vehicles.. cause after looking back over your 4 post history.. U have essentially lemon type issues with Silvys and Vettes over and over again.

That being said.. I own a Stingray Z51, after owning a '08 C6 Z51, after owning a '00 C5 Z51, after owning a '95 LT1, after owning a '79 L82.. and let me tell U Brother.. I have had nothing but the greatest experiences in automotive history compared to U.

BTW.. loving my K2xx Yukon and my GMT900 Denali , as much as I loved my GMT900 Tahoe, as much as I loved my GMT800 Yukon...

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 SeetheUSA's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Dodge Durango

Exactly the same reason I jumped ship and pledged my loyalty (and $) to Dodge. 10 years ago, I would've vehemently denied the insinuation of ever leaving the GM lineup. After a 4 year ordeal in a Silverado, my tune changed. I don't think I will ever buy another.
    Get used to more.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeetheUSA For This Useful Post:

fastrehotrods (12-07-2015),WaterBoy1 (12-06-2015)

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,579 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

No one should have to wait 3 - 4 years for any car or truck to be considered "trouble free"

So sick of companies using the first couple of model years of a new vehicle as Beta Testers

This is why GM is still the same old GM
    Who the hell approved this abomination? Hidden Content

I bet it was some dumbarse in Detroit Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by MiatsoCi View Post
    and let me tell U Brother..
    OP is a chick.

Previous:
    2016 Silverado LTZ 5.3L
    2015 Sierra Denali
    2015 Sierra SLT

Hidden Content

Banned
    Fishing with Zora and Ferdinand. LOL!!! The Z Man just pulled in a helluva Yellow Tail.. Let's Eat
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 753 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGinNC View Post
    OP is a chick.
    OK. How would I know? On the Internet

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by MiatsoCi View Post
    OK. How would I know? On the Internet
    Numerous mentions of husband in the original post.

Previous:
    2016 Silverado LTZ 5.3L
    2015 Sierra Denali
    2015 Sierra SLT

Hidden Content

19. Remove Advertisements