2014 Impala Got CR Blessing 3 Weeks Ago; Did GM Notice?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Impala Got CR Blessing 3 Weeks Ago; Did GM Notice?

News Contributor Premium Member Perian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,190 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Jaguar F-Type (Manual)

2014 Impala Got CR Blessing 3 Weeks Ago; Did GM Notice?

Discussion Question:

The 2014 Chevy Impala got an almost perfect score from Consumer Report's three weeks ago today.

Has anyone at General Motors noticed?

Where is the website link*? Where are the dealer promos? Where are the web and newspaper ads that say "A leading consumer testing company** recently rated the all-new Chevy Impala..."?

Where is anything? Is this miracle going to go to waste?

*Mazda provides a website link directly to the Consumer Reports website for the Mazda 6 review.
    **CR does not appreciate its name being used in consumer product advertising, but there are ways to get around that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    Impala/2009/Silver

Re: 2014 Impala Got CR Blessing 3 Weeks Ago; Did GM Notice?

There's a good reason for that - CR is an unscientific and biased organization that doesn't deserve a mention on their website or advertising - and if people that use CR are shopping - they'll find the article.

Walking
    Thanks

GM can't say anything about Consumer Reports.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...view/index.htm

CR does not allow any company to use its name in adverstisements.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

while i agree CR is a dumb magazine. your typical Camry/Accord/Corolla/Toaster driver reads it to help them buy a car. i agree GM needs to use these articles in their advertising. Honda mentions its on the top 10 list for car and driver on every advertisment. plus it would help improve the public image of the company. maybe people will come in look at the impala and leave with a malibu when they realize its more in their price range haha

Alan
    Current:
    2012 Equinox LT2 2.4 AWD
    2005 Chevy Trailblazer LS 4200, 4wd
    1989 Geo Tracker base 4wd, 5spd, convertible 1.6

Past:
    2012 Impala LTZ 3.6, 2004 Monte Carlo LS 3400, 2003 Impala LS,

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

I do not blame GM for not using this. Just give it some time and CR will find a way to begin their typical bashing and nit picking against the domestic brands like Impala while not doing so for import brands products! GM knows this very well!

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevy Cruze ECO 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Carguy View Post
    I do not blame GM for not using this. Just give it some time and CR will find a way to begin their typical bashing and nit picking against the domestic brands like Impala while not doing so for import brands products! GM knows this very well!
    Agreed... I see no reason for GM to promote anything CR says, it will only come back to bite them later.
    Future Rides: Dodge Viper (hopefully someday) & 2009 Pontiac G8/ 2015 Chevrolet SS (seriously)

Current Rides: 2014 Chevy Cruze ECO 6M & 2015 Chrysler Town & County (wife's car)

Past Rides: 1992 Buick Century, 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, 1998 Buick Regal LS, 2003 Buick Regal GS, 2004 Honda Civic EX, 1998 Honda Civic DX, 2001 Ford ZX2, 2002 Dodge Dakota QC 4.7 V8 4x4 & 2009 Saturn Vue XR

Thanks

In my market, I have yet to even see an ad on TV for the new Impala. This car can be a huge hit for GM. Even my parents have talked about trading their C-class Mercedes for one and they haven't owned a GM since '73!

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,002 Times in 4,805 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by gmparts View Post
    In my market, I have yet to even see an ad on TV for the new Impala. This car can be a huge hit for GM. Even my parents have talked about trading their C-class Mercedes for one and they haven't owned a GM since '73!
    Me either. OTOH, Mitsubishi is spending bookoo on ads. I see more Mitsu ads than any other maker, it seems.
    I'm not in what I'd call a huge Mitsu market. But then what is, at something like 10,000 units/year moved?
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Thanks

So... how exactly does this constitute a ticker-worthy news item?

Thanks

I hope they've at least purchased reprints to hand out to potential buyers. That they could do, I believe.

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevrolet & Cadillac

I've seen ad's here in MN. Now that you brought ad's up, I saw one the other night and the car had a different grille. Very Volt'ish like. Anyone know what that's about? It looked somewhat sporty but not very classy IMO. Your parents sound like me. Unless it's been a truck, suv or racecar, I flat out refused to buy a new Chevrolet post 72 and I worked at a Chevrolet dealer for years. Until that is the new Cruze came along. The Impala is the first larger sedan likewise post 72 I consider Real Chevrolet. I'd trade both our BMW and Traverse off on one if they'd offer the damn thing with AWD. Then we'd have a classy car and winter road capabilities all in one. The roads here are too bad in the winter for my wife to feel safe without it. That aside, the car is a hit.

News Contributor Premium Member EJD1984's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,175 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra

What Chevrolet should do is buy about 5-10,000 copies of the issue, and have the dealers place strategically them around their showrooms, waiting areas, and local car shows. Just as Courtesy Reading Material.

Also, make the article mandatory reading for a sales personnel.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,921 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Me either. OTOH, Mitsubishi is spending bookoo on ads. I see more Mitsu ads than any other maker, it seems.
    I'm not in what I'd call a huge Mitsu market. But then what is, at something like 10,000 units/year moved?
    I see 'em all the time, too.
    Problem is they got nothing to sell. The Eclipse and Montero were Mitsubishi. Now they got a whole bunch of no one cares.
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award

Hidden Content

2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EJD1984 View Post
    What Chevrolet should do is buy about 5-10,000 copies of the issue, and have the dealers place strategically them around their showrooms, waiting areas, and local car shows. Just as Courtesy Reading Material.
    That likely wouldn't fly on a grand scale either:

Such information may not be used by others in advertising or to promote a company's product or service. In addition, this policy precludes any commercial use of any of Consumer Reports' published information in any form, or of the names of Consumers Union, Consumer Reports, or any other of Consumer Reports' publications or services, without our express written permission.
    Either way, GM has a small army of lawyers that know precisely what they can and cannot do with third party material.

Quote Originally Posted by EJD1984 View Post
    Also, make the article mandatory reading for a sales personnel.
    Precisely. They should be able to recite it verbatim.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,977 Times in 1,399 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfDurant View Post
    I've seen ad's here in MN. Now that you brought ad's up, I saw one the other night and the car had a different grille. Very Volt'ish like. Anyone know what that's about? It looked somewhat sporty but not very classy IMO. Your parents sound like me. Unless it's been a truck, suv or racecar, I flat out refused to buy a new Chevrolet post 72 and I worked at a Chevrolet dealer for years. Until that is the new Cruze came along. The Impala is the first larger sedan likewise post 72 I consider Real Chevrolet. I'd trade both our BMW and Traverse off on one if they'd offer the damn thing with AWD. Then we'd have a classy car and winter road capabilities all in one. The roads here are too bad in the winter for my wife to feel safe without it. That aside, the car is a hit.
    the grill is for the radar cruise equipped models

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information