2011 Equinox@1000mils and about the unused subwoofer....

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 2011 [email protected] and about the unused subwoofer....

Walking
    Thanks

2011 [email protected] and about the unused subwoofer....

Have the 2011 I4 LT1 with Driver Convenience Package(power seat, remote start, camera etc)
    WOW I m very impressed so far!
    Quieter and more comfortable than I expected, love the driver seat with great support, nice audio integration of USB MP3 drives. Handling exceeded my expectations.Getting about 25 mpg in mixed driving so far.
    Probably the remote start/diagnostics through my Android phone app is not helping mpg! But very cool.
    Will post back after 5-10k miles.

One question, since the built-in subwoofer is only used for active noise cancellation(on LT1 pkge)...there should be a way to enable it for audio(even adding extra amp) since it is already installed/powered--any guidance on this from those in the know?

see:
    http://www.sandyblogs.com/techlink/2...oxterrain.html
    Last edited by Oscar262; 11-27-2010 at 05:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Re: 2011 [email protected] and about the unused subwoofer....

Just to add that I've got 1000 miles now and even more pleased with it. MPG last couple tanks 24.7, mostly with A/C on(which seems to make at least 1 MPG difference)
    The low beam lights are a little weak, so I changed the bulbs to Sylvania Silver Star Ultra(were on sale for $30/pair), barely noticeable difference-so don't bother if you are thinking about it.
    Hope somebody can chime in on the sub-woofer question, as this LT1 package stereo needs some help.

Thanks

Can't help you with your speaker question but its great that you like your Equinox. I almost want, and can't decide between an Equinox or a Terrain. It would probably have the V6.

You should take and post some pics if you have a chance as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

@ Oscar, fill me in on how the Android app works. What is it needed for if you have the remote start? I dont know much about tech, but am looking to purchase a Nox this week. I wanted remote start, but they sold that one. If I cant get another model, I was told I can buy one and have it installed (non-factory, another fob, etc.). What do you guys think?

Walking
    Thanks

Which one did you decide, if any? I like the looks of the Chevy better, but they're very similar otherwise.

Thanks

The stereo is junk. Don't bother. They're just trying to sell radio subscriptions and promote Howard Sterns.

Walking
    Thanks

Hey, Make shure you dont go with the V6 until you test drive the 4, the torque off the line is impressive(my prev ride was a 07 YukonXL w/V8) and the diff in mpg is the killer, for me to make the switch I wanted a huge difference from the Yukon(I got about 15 in my driving) was not going to change just to get another 3-4 mpg, my ave at 2300 miles is about 23.8 now.
    I think the driver convenience pkge is a must, just for seat comfort and the remote start/camera.
    The Android phone app is a free download, for the 2011 cars, you can remote start, check fuel tank a few other things, it s a cool feature. Practically not so much unless you want to start car from far away in cold areas.(where the key fob does not reach)
    I would not add aftermarket remote to these cars, too complicated with the electronics and will cost more than the OEM price.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information