2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco, an AutoWeek Drivers Log Car Review

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco, an AutoWeek Drivers Log Car Review

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 635 Posts

Published on 7/11/2011

Autoweek.com

EXECUTIVE EDITOR--AUTOWEEK.COM BOB GRITZINGER: Between this and the Hyundai Elantra, the small-sedan class has two new leaders in my estimation. I recently complained about the newest Honda Civic's lack of nimble, small-car feel and attention to detail, and now I know where it went: to the Cruze. In this setup with the six-speed stick and the turbo four, this car feels light on its feet and responsive while still being reasonably quiet and solid. With the stick, you can get the most out of the high-revving turbo engine when you need or want some responsiveness, but you also get highway fuel-economy gearing at the other end. The shifter is precise and clean, and the clutch takeup is light and smooth. No wonder this was the car of choice in the past two weeks for some of our staffers working on their clutch-driving skills.

Potential buyers need to know that even though this is called the Eco model, that's strictly about fuel economy--it's not a stripper, value-priced, low-contented car. It's still a well-trimmed car, with the little niceties like rubberized flooring in the cubbies to prevent items from sliding around or rattling, and softly upholstered door armrests.

As to fuel economy, I suspect our enthusiastic driving along with the aforementioned clutch-training work likely hurt the Cruze's mpg numbers.
    Last edited by ne_one; 07-11-2011 at 10:36 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Re: 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco, an AutoWeek Drivers Log Car Review Read more: http://w

I don't know what it is about armrests nowadays, but it seems every car maker wants to just give us elbowrests.. A good armrest makes a big difference in comfort to me. My old 93 Century had a great armrest.. I wish I could find a new car that had the same thing.

Thanks

Re: 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco, an AutoWeek Drivers Log Car Review Read more: http://w

Quote Originally Posted by Ttple View Post
    I don't know what it is about armrests nowadays, but it seems every car maker wants to just give us elbowrests.. A good armrest makes a big difference in comfort to me. My old 93 Century had a great armrest.. I wish I could find a new car that had the same thing.
    You probably won't find it due to side impact regulations.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information