2010 Equinox - How To Replace The "Bolts" That Fall Out Of The Wheel Liner

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 2010 Equinox - How To Replace The "Bolts" That Fall Out Of The Wheel Liner

Thanks

2010 Equinox - How To Replace The "Bolts" That Fall Out Of The Wheel Liner

It's probably because I don't know the proper terminology that I couldn't find the answer when I searched, but in the wheel well the liner is fastened with plastic bolts, under the lip. They have fallen out and I need to know how to put new ones in.

The bolts come in two pieces, one with a point that goes into the hole and another that fits into the first one that expands the first inside the hole to hold it in place.

It seems logical the the first piece should be placed in the hole and the second one tapped with a hammer to force it all the way in, right?

These look flimsy, so I don't want to go banging around if there's a better way.

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Re: 2010 Equinox - How To Replace The "Bolts" That Fall Out Of The Wheel Liner

Hi
    It is called a pushpin!By pulling the pin 90% of the way out,(don't pull it all the way out)it allows you to push the "pushpin" into the plastic wheel-liner hole and the the steel fender hole.You then push in the extended pin with your thumb,which in turn expands the end of the puhpin to hold the liner in place.
    good luck!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by canturtle View Post
    Hi
    It is called a pushpin!By pulling the pin 90% of the way out,(don't pull it all the way out)it allows you to push the "pushpin" into the plastic wheel-liner hole and the the steel fender hole.You then push in the extended pin with your thumb,which in turn expands the end of the puhpin to hold the liner in place.
    good luck!!
    Thanks, that's what I thought. I already pulled the pin all the way out on one of them (I was missing four). What happens now, does it fall out? There seems to be a "click" when pushed all the way in, like it locks. The dealer sent them to me as a courtesy, but I may order some more just in case.
    I think this is it:http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/GM_...n_p/a20889.htm
    25 per package, I guess that will hold me for awhile.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Is having the pushpins fall out a common issue? 2011 equinox had entire well cover fall off this morning while driving and the result was about $1500 in damage to other parts of the car. I've never heard of this before, but wondering if this is a known issue and if so, what causes it?

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information