2010 Equinox Hid issues

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 2010 Equinox Hid issues

Walking
    Thanks

2010 Equinox Hid issues

hey guys im new to the site not sure if this is the place for this but i got a lil issuse going on here... i have a 2010 chevy equinox and i have installed HID head lights in the vehicle. Installed the kit with no issues and also used in relay haness kit since the low beams are intergrated with the DRL`s.... but they problem i am having is that when i turn the light on manually everything works perfectly fine no flickering no nothing.. but when i have the swithc in the auto position i have no problems when its in the evening when the low beams are on.... but when im driving in the day time and the head lights are not on im having issues with the display in the vehicle and heat controlls.. say for example it freeze on the screen and i cant go to a different screen or if i wanna set a temp i turn the nob to the selected temp but it just shoots to HI or Low.... this only happens when the head lights are in the auto position... if i turn the lights completely off or turn them on.... there is no problems and everything works 100% any one have this problem or smialer only thing i can think of is something to do with hid and DRL`s

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: 2010 Equinox Hid issues

found this. somewhat matches...

Equinox, LaCrosse, SRX, Terrain -
    Intermittent radio operation, audio inoperative, volume changes, radio resets, HVAC displays are blank, Turn-By-Turn Navigation inaudible, radio/HUD information does not match
    DO THIS--- Reprogram the radio
    DO NOT DO THIS00 Do not replace the radio
    Ref $ 09-08-44-020B

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ponczek View Post
    hey guys im new to the site not sure if this is the place for this but i got a lil issuse going on here... i have a 2010 chevy equinox and i have installed HID head lights in the vehicle. Installed the kit with no issues and also used in relay haness kit since the low beams are intergrated with the DRL`s.... but they problem i am having is that when i turn the light on manually everything works perfectly fine no flickering no nothing.. but when i have the swithc in the auto position i have no problems when its in the evening when the low beams are on.... but when im driving in the day time and the head lights are not on im having issues with the display in the vehicle and heat controlls.. say for example it freeze on the screen and i cant go to a different screen or if i wanna set a temp i turn the nob to the selected temp but it just shoots to HI or Low.... this only happens when the head lights are in the auto position... if i turn the lights completely off or turn them on.... there is no problems and everything works 100% any one have this problem or smialer only thing i can think of is something to do with hid and DRL`s
    Remove the DRL relay. I don't believe HID's and DRL mix very well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Hello,
    Could you tell me where the DRL relay is on a 2010 Chevy EQ?
    Thanks

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rudolph58 View Post
    Hello,
    Could you tell me where the DRL relay is on a 2010 Chevy EQ?
    Thanks

You can probably find it in the owners manual.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 marinerbc's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by mrgto View Post
    Remove the DRL relay. I don't believe HID's and DRL mix very well.
    Exactly the solution I was forced to take.

DRLs are now the best halogens I could get, but fogs and high beams are HiD.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information