2009 Chevy Malibu LT Bluetooth Ability Not Available?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 2009 Chevy Malibu LT Bluetooth Ability Not Available?

Walking
    Thanks

Angry 2009 Chevy Malibu LT Bluetooth Ability Not Available?

I recently purchased a 2009 Chevy Malibu LT, was never told about the functions on the steering wheel by the dealership. Was trying to hook up my blue-tooth to my car by using the phone button on the steering wheel, no matter how long i hold the button down, it only mutes the audio. I have watch YouTube videos on how to hook it up, and i am starting to think my vehicle doesn't even have it. I was not told about any on-star options either, so i am at a loss. If there is anyway i can install the blue-tooth option in my car, please let me know!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy HHR/2011/White

Re: 2009 Chevy Malibu LT Bluetooth Ability Not Available?

So I had a similar situation but the sales person actualy said oh look the buetooth button thats a nice feature. Only one problem my used HHR was a fleet car and the bluetooth option (circuit board) was not installed. Had to go to another dealer to get that info. Last time I do business with Grossinger Chevy, Palatine IL (Slackers). Anyway, my guess is that like my car your car was a fleet car decked out with every option but no bluetooth, but hey you have a nice mute button. Ha, I too waisted an hour pushing the button over and over again to sink my phone. Your 09 Bu was a fleet car :-).

Supporting Vendor GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello babenson13,

We are sorry to hear this. We'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you. Please send us a private message with your VIN. We hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

Andraya R.
    GM Customer Care
    Have you checked into GM Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit Hidden Content !

Follow us @Hidden Content on Twitter.

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 caddycruiser's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Changes every day...

In 2009, Bluetooth was still a packaged option on 1LT Malibu's. The buttons were always the same on the steering wheel due to Onstar voice control, but those buttons do not signify bluetooth.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information