2007 Tahoe Brake issue?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 2007 Tahoe Brake issue?

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

2007 Tahoe Brake issue?

Greetings!
    I have a 2007 4WD Chevy Tahoe. Bought it used. Noticed that when I apply the brakes the car kinda lurches. TO me it is like the brakes are out of round and catch, release catch, so the passengers find themselves rocking forward and backward. Not a wobble to side to side, just forward and backward, if that makes sense.

I thought maybe it was the front brakes, so I bought a new set of brakes and rotors. The right side brakes were definately worn down almost to metal. The left side had about half life. Sadly, the wobble is still, there...granted not as bad as before, but it is still noticeable.

Thoughts on if it could be the back brakes too? ANd if it would be worth replacing those rotors also?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TruckMan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,336 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L

Re: 2007 Tahoe Brake issue?

Shocks?
    GMI Site Rules: 11. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. We define trolling as a member that appears to have the sole purpose of posting just to spite the majority of the site or cause flame wars in threads they participate in. PLEASE respect differing opinions on the site at all times!

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Re: 2007 Tahoe Brake issue?

Just a quick note. I had the back rotors and pads replaced and no more problem. Hard to believe it was the backs, but it was.
    Dennis

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dlongnecker For This Useful Post:

TruckMan (05-10-2017)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information