2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Does anybody know the prices of the 2006 Monte Carlo, I've always liked the monte carlo and the new one looks like a great deal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Quote Originally Posted by IAMCANADIAN
    Does anybody know the prices of the 2006 Monte Carlo, I've always liked the monte carlo and the new one looks like a great deal.
    well the current monte carlo SS costs about 30grand. so im gessing that the new V8 SS will cost almost the same, if not alittle more. base monte carlos cost about 22grand.

Thanks

cool, I wouldn't know the american prices but i'm guessing canadian should be about the same, although the 3.4L V6 isn't a bad base engine the 3.5L V6 is very welcome, for those complaining about HP 210 HP is good for this V6 considering Hyundai's OHC 3.5L V6 is only about 195-200 HP

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

add 20-25% to the american price to get the Canadian price

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Swahili's Avatar
    Thanks

I bet the Monte Carlo SS in Canada will be a 2-4 grand more than the SS is right now.
    Hidden Content

2000 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. Black, 3800 Series II V6, 4 speed automatic - 150,500km.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swahili
    I bet the Monte Carlo SS in Canada will be a 2-4 grand more than the SS is right now.
    They'd better not try that. In today's market, you improve the car, then CUT the price. GM needs to learn that.

Thanks

I don't imagine it will be more since the GP GXP is essentially the same price as a Comp G give or take a few hundred dollars

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

In the 30's for a 2006? Too much since there will be much difference between a supercharged 3.8L V-6 and the new V-8 performance wise. And I am not too thrilled with DOD. The design team should have taken the drive train out of the 87 GNX and stuck it under the MC body. If they would have done that, I would surely have awaited the 06's.

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Question Re: 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Not for nothing but if the SS Monte is not priced to at least equal the price of a Mustang GT they can FORGETABOUTIT. If a FWD Monte comes in costing more than a RWD GT Stang they should SHOOT the beancounter that made that call. I am going to buy either one of these cars and it all comes down to PRICE, case closed end of story. The Monte will also have to deal with the 4 door RWD Dodge Hemi Charger. While I am ranting, the Monte actually should be priced in Toyota Solara territory never mind compeating with a high performence RWD Mustang or Charger.
    Last edited by yoblues; 05-19-2005 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoblues
    Not for nothing but if the SS Monte is not priced to at least equal the price of a Mustang GT they can FORGETABOUTIT. If a FWD Monte comes in costing more than a RWD GT Stang they should SHOOT the beancounter that made that call. I am going to buy either one of these cars and it all comes down to PRICE, case closed end of story.
    Agree. It's bad enough that it doesn't even have a stick shift.

GMI Contributor Premium Member nailhead425's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gacSTclass
    Agree. It's bad enough that it doesn't even have a stick shift.
    Only very few Montes have had sticks (traditionally speaking here). In the late 70s and early 80s they were available. the '84-'88s had Automatics. The original '70-72s had one listed as optional, but less than 50 were built in 3 model years. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have them now, just it isn't really an option that was available in the past. Whatever, I'm rambling...
    Who is John Galt?
    -

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,007 Times in 4,806 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by AMcA
    They'd better not try that. In today's market, you improve the car, then CUT the price. GM needs to learn that.
    GMmismanagement appears for years to have had a flat or negative learning curve regarding pricing. They must think their customers are as stupid or intoxicated as GMmismgmt is after they come out of Head Shed meetings. They may have perked up a bit with the G6.
    Since they seem to have such trouble with their reality orientation, I have a suggestion which they can use for free: Price slightly less than similar ToHoNi models!
    That way, folks out car shopping will not be wondering why a base Impala is only a couple grand less than an Accord V6 EX with leather and roof! DUH.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

HarleyEarl

I, personally, have not been a fan of the new Monte Carlo, but recently I say one on the street in a dark grey with gunmetal grey muliti-spoke wheels with just a silver rim.....looked very good!....had a wicked, edgy appeal about it.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 AdmiralViscen's Avatar
    Thanks

The Monte Carlo and Mustang have never been competitors, so it's okay for the Monte to cost a bit more and only have an automatic. It's a personal luxury cruiser, not a sports coupe.
    Hidden Content
    God Bless the Blue Bullet.

Thanks

The GP GXP pricing is quite a bit lower than I expected, so maybe GM has finally learned that it's better to price lower and avoid huge rebates. (Although a friend tells me that GXPs in the upper midwest are going for $5K under sticker (not sure I believe that)).

For some reason, the current Imp/Monte are priced higher on the showroom floor (using '04s for comparison) than comparable GPs. Guess because they sell better.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information