'11 Cruze broke down already :/ 700 miles

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: '11 Cruze broke down already :/ 700 miles

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Camry SE

Exclamation '11 Cruze broke down already :/ 700 miles

So I left work today, and noticed right away that the orange check engine light was on. The Engine temperature gauge was normal. Continued to drive home. Onstar said my vehicle was over heating so I pulled over. Keep in mind I'm on a busy highway and it's pouring rain. Then the adviser said that the car was safe to drive so I kept driving and the car said "AC OFF DUE TO HIGH ENGINE TEMPERATURE" so I pulled over again, in Gary, Indiana at this point.. not the nicest area. Well the dealer and onstar are on the line at this point, and they say that since I'm in not a nice area that I can just drive home and then have the roadside assistance people tow it to the dealer I purchased it at. At this point I live about 45 miles from where I purchased my vehicle. However I made sure I told them where my house was compared to the dealer. So I call the roadside people and they say they cannot tow the vehicle that far and that I'll have to pay for it. So I call the dealer frustrated at this point because they promised me a rental car when they open, I've had the car a week, and I was only 11 miles from the dealer when the problem happened. So the dealership was really rude at this point and said that I'm responsible for any damage since I drove the vehicle once it over heated. Well I hope onstar phone calls are recorded because both the adviser and the dealer told me to drove the car and I'm going to be very frustrated if I get there tomorrow and my vehicle isn't fixed and they don't offer me a loaner vehicle I don't know what to do... keep in mind the day I got the car my window got busted out. Not anyone's fault in particular but I'm just frustrated with the Cruze experience so far. I hope the car is ok!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Re: '11 Cruze broke down already :/ 700 miles

Weren't you the guy who wanted to trade in his recently purchased Corolla for a Cruze? Sorry to hear about the issues.

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Camry SE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    Weren't you the guy who wanted to trade in his recently purchased Corolla for a Cruze? Sorry to hear about the issues.
    Yep traded in the '11 Corolla for the '11 Cruze 2LT. And the day I got it my window got busted out at work... and now a week or so later it broke down :/ ah well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoolNate32 View Post
    Yep traded in the '11 Corolla for the '11 Cruze 2LT. And the day I got it my window got busted out at work... and now a week or so later it broke down :/ ah well.
    Ouch. Not cool at all. I've shot a link to our friends at GM CS and asked them to help you out here. They should be in touch tomorrow.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Thanks

Some people really don't get any luck

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar PistonsFan's Avatar
    Thanks

The 1.4 has an electric thermostat - a new technology. There is a service bulletin on the thermostat. No parts required - just an ECM reflash.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-se...-position.html

Hopefully it's a minor glitch.

Oh... and Gary, Indiana is probably one of the worst places you could have car problems.
    Last edited by PistonsFan; 08-08-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,993 Times in 5,240 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

Quote Originally Posted by CoolNate32 View Post
    We just got a really nice looking '11 Corolla in on trade let me know if your interested!

Kidding aside, hope everything works out OK, when my 1996 Jimmy was about 3 weeks old, my wife was working out of another area across town, because she was in training, the truck started making this god awful noise, but because of her local (the hood) she wasn't about to stop.

All the water pump pulley bolts had backed-out, it was wobbling, and hanging by a thread (literally). We we so lucky, nothing damage and the bolts that came all the way out landed in the fan shroud!

That was just the begining, reflecting back, I should traded that thing in.

Good Luck!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

I know this doesn't help your situation but I wouldn't try to limp my brand new vehicle home if it was overheating even with the okay from a dealership employee and especially not from an OnStar rep. I'm sure they won't take any responsibility for their actions or recommendations.
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calgaryhhr View Post
    I know this doesn't help your situation but I wouldn't try to limp my brand new vehicle home if it was overheating even with the okay from a dealership employee and especially not from an OnStar rep. I'm sure they won't take any responsibility for their actions or recommendations.
    I can't imagine either party would advise that course of action and not be culpable, particularly an OnStar agent.

Let's see how this plays out and hope that the issue is addressed in an impressive manner.

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Camry SE

Quote Originally Posted by ne_one View Post
    I can't imagine either party would advise that course of action and not be culpable, particularly an OnStar agent.

Let's see how this plays out and hope that the issue is addressed in an impressive manner.
    The worst part is when I called back to the dealer, the same service adviser denied that he ever said any of that to me. Oh well I've gotta just keep chugging along and everything will work out haha.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan View Post
    The 1.4 has an electric thermostat - a new technology. There is a service bulletin on the thermostat. No parts required - just an ECM reflash.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-se...-position.html

Hopefully it's a minor glitch.

Oh... and Gary, Indiana is probably one of the worst places you could have car problems.
    I agree, not many places make me nervous having spent time in Detroit...but I was definitely keeping an eye out when pumping gas in Gary Indiana.

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Camry SE

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,308 Times in 4,035 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Dude, its under warranty, there is no worries. I have an 'old GM' HHR, almost 90K miles, oil, tires, service, etc.. no problemo...

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 chevydlrmn's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 Silverado Z71 6.2

If it is at the dealer that you purchased at, remind the dealer that you have a purchase and delivery satisfaction survey coming.

Supporting Vendor GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Thanks

HI Nate,

Please check your inbox for the private message I sent you this morning!

-Jared Duane
    Have you checked into GM Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit Hidden Content !

Follow us @Hidden Content on Twitter.

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit Hidden Content

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information