06 Impala - Radio Stays on, Rear View Mirror Lights don't work...

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 06 Impala - Radio Stays on, Rear View Mirror Lights don't work...

Walking
    Thanks

06 Impala - Radio Stays on, Rear View Mirror Lights don't work...

I've got a 2006 Impala. About 75% of the time I open the door the interior lights do not come on. About 75% I get out of the car, the radio stays on. 100% of the time, the lights on my rear view mirror (the ones you push if you want to read something quickly) do not come on. The lights for the radio (at night so you can see everything) are never on anymore either. Not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 06 Impala - Radio Stays on, Rear View Mirror Lights don't work...

1. Any add-on accessories to the car-alarms, remote start, ect? Is the dash light intensity turned all the way up?-Check owner's manual if you don't know how to adjust.

2. Has the car been in a front end collision, or driven in deep water? Did the problem begin after that?

3. If none of that works, or is true, look in your manual-find the underhood fuse marked "radio", and pull it out for 60 seconds. That may reset the entertainment system. That won't do anything for the interior lights.

Walking
    Thanks

1. No add-ons at all. Car is completely stock. Dash light intensity has been checked and double checked, it's all the way up.
    2. I bought the car w/ 30k on it, it has 120k on it now. As far as I'm aware it has never been submerged or in a crash. Issues started occurring around 100k or so.
    3. I can pull the radio fuse and see if that works, but you're right, that won't help with the other issues.

I do think I have two issues here.
    Issue 1 - the radio and associated lights that work sometimes
    Issue 2 - the lights on the rear view mirror that never works. If they were associated issues, they'd probably be acting up similarly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Please say it wasn't a former daily rental...

Supporting Vendor GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello jeethro450,

I am sorry to hear this! I understand considering the age of the vehicle, that the warranty has since expired, but we treat each situation on a case by case basis. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment at your local GM dealership, I would be happy to assist!

Jessica G.
    GM Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by jeethro450 View Post
    I've got a 2006 Impala. About 75% of the time I open the door the interior lights do not come on. About 75% I get out of the car, the radio stays on. 100% of the time, the lights on my rear view mirror (the ones you push if you want to read something quickly) do not come on. The lights for the radio (at night so you can see everything) are never on anymore either. Not sure what's going on. Any ideas?
    Have you checked into GM Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit Hidden Content !

Follow us @Hidden Content on Twitter.

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit Hidden Content

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information