Spied: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Spied: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Accord Coupe' V6 6spd

PickupTrucks.com
    June 4, 2017
    By: Mark Williams

Even though overall auto sales are down, certain sections of the pickup truck market are doing well. Unfortunately, sales have been steadily declining for all the GM pickups: the Chevrolet Silverado and Colorado, and the GMC Sierra and Canyon. But with a pair of new half tons on the horizon and a solid off-road player in the form of the Colorado ZR2, things could be changing for GM.

Here are the latest photos from our spy shooters about the middle cab player in the half-ton segment.

"We got our first look at the 2019 Chevy Silverado testing in its newly sized double-cab configuration. All our prior photos of the next-generation truck were of the larger crew-cab body style and interior.

"Judging from the camouflage on this prototype, it looks certain that GM will be adhering to the same front-hinged rear-door strategy used on the current Silverado and Sierra double cabs. The style of the rear camouflage looks like it's covering an exterior door handle instead of the hidden handle of a rear-hinged access door.
    Would you like to know more? Full article available at the link above.
    "I do not care about inequality because I'm not envious. I care about poverty."

Apostrophes: Hidden Content

Spelling: Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Accord Coupe' V6 6spd

Re: Spied: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab

I thought this might be of interest to GMI'ers who would prefer not to buy a full-size crew cab pickup.
    "I do not care about inequality because I'm not envious. I care about poverty."

Apostrophes: Hidden Content

Spelling: Hidden Content

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 hydrogen's Avatar
    Thanks

Both the crew and double cab need to grow 3 inches longer then they would be perfect.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hydrogen For This Useful Post:

Ed753 (06-04-2017)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 fastrehotrods's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 776 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Ram Sport 4X4

I hope the camo guys are just playing around... hopefully it doesn't have the kickdown in the front of the sideglass. Visibility... yeah I know, but I still don't like it. Nor do I like those mirrors. But I'll reserve final judgement till it's out.
    The Stable: 2014 Ram Sport 4x4 with 18" Method Racing MR310's wrapped in 35's, 71 Firebird Formula 455 Ridetech equipped, 57 Ford Custom 300, 66 GTO 4 speed, 67 Camaro LT1/T56, 70 El Camino, 71 Camaro future LSX, 82 Z28, 63 Thunderbird, 75 Pontiac Astre GT 406, 65 Dart 318, 87 S10 Blazer, 88 Silverado, 58 Edsel Pacer, 64 Volvo 544. Past: 98 Trans Am 6 speed-432 rwhp, 71 Chevelle SS 454, 71 Camaro 350/4 speed, 66 Mustang 393/T5, 86 GMC Jimmy

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fastrehotrods For This Useful Post:

Oldsmobile stopped (06-05-2017),TruckMan (06-04-2017)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ChrisGinNC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,685 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Ford F-150 - 2016 Chevy S

Quote Originally Posted by fastrehotrods View Post
    hopefully it doesn't have the kickdown in the front of the sideglass. Visibility... yeah I know, but I still don't like it.
    Not to mention, it's kind of a Ford trademark.
    2019 Silverado LTZ Z71 5.3L - Havana Brown
    2019 Silverado RST 4x4 5.3L - Black

Previous:
    2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.5L EB
    2016 Silverado LTZ 5.3L
    2016 F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    2016 Colorado Z71 Duramax
    2015 Sierra Denali
    2015 Sierra SLT
    2014 Silverado High Country

Hidden Content

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,749 Times in 2,430 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

From the spy shots over at the link I think it is going to have round wheel openings. I don't believe the front door widow will be like the Ford either.

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

This is a F-150 it must be some kind of a mistake post? I want a Chevy, this could be the slippery slope if Chevy start to become a follower rather than trying to be a leader, folk will just buy the F-150 and Ram forget about the unoriginal follower, Camry car leader like huge mistake about to happen to unoriginal Chevy who look like they have just lost the plot.

Watch out for the Tundra that will be next up in your rear view mirror, the Rams gone past this is the start of the slippery slope for Chevy trucks if this is not a F-150 in the photo. Don't want Ford of Europe's European fugly styling creeping into classic American truck designs they will end up on a slippery dull as ditchwater Opel loss making slope, Ford are not as profitable thats why Field just got kicked out bigger numbers smaller profit are the start of the rot could turn to a huge loss one the easy to pull up shale oil hits the slippery slope in 2022, GM should be looking to get into hybrid trucks.

Single cab of the future, l hope not.
    Last edited by Oldsmobile stopped; 06-05-2017 at 04:14 AM.
    OLDSMOBILE - "Start Something"

100 MPG Chevrolet Silverado E-REV - Fleets only still waiting.
    Hidden Content
    Cut the dependance on Arab oil, cut the trade deficit in foreign oil.

Life is to short - drive live your dream

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fastrehotrods View Post
    I hope the camo guys are just playing around... hopefully it doesn't have the kickdown in the front of the sideglass. Visibility... yeah I know, but I still don't like it. Nor do I like those mirrors. But I'll reserve final judgement till it's out.
    Don't like the kick down either it makes me cringe puts me off a bit as well why do it? But it still will be a great fantastic Chevy truck, oh well the Ram will pick up more Chevy buyers in the future l won't be getting into any arguments on GMI over have given up on caring now, let GM learn the hard way with less sales they probably won't have scooby doo clue where they went wrong.

Double cab of the future?

Don't want fugly European styling creeping into classic American trucks that will be the start of the slippery slope, the huge profits will start to evaporate as fast as you can say Opel, why has Fields just been sacked at Ford who have shrinking profits.
    Last edited by Oldsmobile stopped; 06-05-2017 at 04:14 AM.

Hidden Content

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Still a bit perplexed by the lack of engine availability rumors. GM needs to address the rampant desire for the EB V6, and still allow purchase of the 6.2 congruently on all trim levels.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Is it just me or does the front windshield look even MORE raked than the current ones? This is getting ridiculous. GM is sacrificing visibility/safety for the sake of 0.01 mpg gains. The current A-pillars are bad enough to see around. If those door mounted side mirrors make it to final production, I could see sales underwhelming yet again.
    "If you truly wanted to save the environment, you would live in it, not on it." --KG

"Show me how to live, and I'll teach you how to die." --KG

Future President of The United States.

Hidden Content

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DenaliHD66 For This Useful Post:

Ed753 (06-06-2017)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DenaliHD66 View Post
    Is it just me or does the front windshield look even MORE raked than the current ones? This is getting ridiculous. GM is sacrificing visibility/safety for the sake of 0.01 mpg gains. The current A-pillars are bad enough to see around. If those door mounted side mirrors make it to final production, I could see sales underwhelming yet again.
    Add to the cowls have gotten so high, front visibility is limited, uncomfortably so. Got in a new Acadia, greeted with much in the same. Windshield at some fantastic angle, high cowl then add the hood the adds harnches above the front wheel locations. The Delta between the cowl and side windows must be in the 2 to 3" range. They'll have us driving forward with cameras and LCD's before long.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to joemac For This Useful Post:

Ed753 (06-06-2017)

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joemac View Post
    Add to the cowls have gotten so high, front visibility is limited, uncomfortably so. Got in a new Acadia, greeted with much in the same. Windshield at some fantastic angle, high cowl then add the hood the adds harnches above the front wheel locations. The Delta between the cowl and side windows must be in the 2 to 3" range. They'll have us driving forward with cameras and LCD's before long.

4 bags out 5 bags "put a bag over it" fugliest car award LINK

The wonky Mitsubishi L200 truck was the only pick-up that featured on the the fugliest cars in Britain, it got 4 bags out 5 bags "put a bag over it award" the rear cab vision and headroom in the rear of the cab are very poor not very practical cramped no rear cab headroom designed for midgets or kids with stunted growth, rear cab window blind spots dangerous total unpractical, and a wonky rear canopy to match, then you have to fit rear camera's so you don't flatten somebody every time you reverse, what a load of garbage no wonder nobody is buying them.

If the Silverado ends up like European not very profitable very Transit pick-up in the long term thats when l lose all interest, its not hard to see why Opel & FOE lose so much money Merkels EU want to tax every car off the roads, the EU are so anti car they are so dull bland & boring with no personality character what so ever like the L200 that is offensively dull, nice to see Ford's Ranger still has that classic rugged truck look the way they should be, and it Europe No1 best selling pick-up truck in Europe in 2016.
    Last edited by Oldsmobile stopped; 06-06-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Hidden Content

19. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information