Volvo 3CC Personal Mobility Concept

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volvo 3CC Personal Mobility Concept

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 jro4566's Avatar
    Thanks

Volvo 3CC Personal Mobility Concept

3CC: A Sustainable Mobility Concept Beyond the Car
    Swedespeed.com
    10/12/04

Volvo Car Corporation is rewriting the rulebook on how we will use our cars in the future with its 3CC prototype being unveiled to the public for the first time at the Michelin Challenge Bibendum in Shanghai, October 12-14.

From the outside, the Volvo 3CC has an iconic funky-cool tapered shape designed to make a dynamic statement that nonetheless is unmistakably Volvo. Under the hood is an electric powertrain that quietly propels the Volvo 3CC to a governed top speed of over 135 km/h (85 mph) and delivers zero to 100 km/h (62 mph) acceleration in approximately ten seconds – with zero emissions!

Just 3899 mm long, 1624 mm wide and 1321 mm high, the Volvo 3CC has dimensions similar to a classic 2-seater sports car – but that is where similarities end. For the sporty vehicle packs a surprise: a unique two-plus-one configuration, providing seating for two adults in the front and a unique rear seat solution for an additional adult or two children.

Source: Swedespeed.com

2007 BMW 328i. Black sapphire metallic. Terra leather. Poplar wood. Automatic trans. Xenon adaptive headlights. BMW Assist. Bluetooth. Premium package. Heated seats. iDrive navigation system. Rear sonar. Comfort access. LOGIC7 surround sound. Sirius. 18" BMW wheels. Rear spoiler.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. Black onyx pearl. Beige leather. 4WD. Chrome hood vents, mirror covers, exhaust. Silver grille, taillight trim. Brushed metal bumper protector. Running boards.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    I think it shows alot of what the upcoming V30 will look like...

2007 BMW 328i. Black sapphire metallic. Terra leather. Poplar wood. Automatic trans. Xenon adaptive headlights. BMW Assist. Bluetooth. Premium package. Heated seats. iDrive navigation system. Rear sonar. Comfort access. LOGIC7 surround sound. Sirius. 18" BMW wheels. Rear spoiler.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. Black onyx pearl. Beige leather. 4WD. Chrome hood vents, mirror covers, exhaust. Silver grille, taillight trim. Brushed metal bumper protector. Running boards.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Smaart Aas Saabr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Man, ovlov's used to be ugly, but this is even uglier!

And even an old 85hp diesel 240 station wagon loaded with a ton of bricks towing a Suburban on a car-hauler could go above 135 ;>.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    this thing looks like the dodge slingshot

http://www.prova.de/archiv/2004/00-a...nt-250x150.jpg

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 AdmiralViscen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Reminds me of that Volvo car designed by women that was at the NY International Auto Show.
    Hidden Content
    God Bless the Blue Bullet.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 amark329's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't like it one bit. I actually think the boxy wagons and sedans worked for them. It appealed to a lot of people and they liked it but Volvo is trying to be too hip and next gen now.

Thanks
    The only thing I like are the wheels...and that's it!

Thanks
    i dont like it too much, but i think the "real" one, the V30, will be pretty decent.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    Erm... this is an ugly concept. But the truth is, this concept has more to do with the electric engine under the hood than anything else.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC crazywop112's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's a swedish scion.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,812 Times in 3,781 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Its American

Quote Originally Posted by crazywop112
    It's a swedish scion.
    Volvo is just another Ford. Just like Saab is a Chevy. Do not let the looks fool you. Europeans became obsssessed with vacation time and government funded medicare and retirement. The result, they are all driving Chevys and Fords, yet they dislike American cars

Thanks
    I think it would sell, but I would'nt buy one..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaart Aas Saabr
    Man, ovlov's used to be ugly, but this is even uglier!

And even an old 85hp diesel 240 station wagon loaded with a ton of bricks towing a Suburban on a car-hauler could go above 135 ;>.
    Personally, I think it's kinda sweet looking... And you are complaining about its lack of speed. Its an electric, since when were they known for speed?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau
    Volvo is just another Ford. Just like Saab is a Chevy.
    How? Every Volvo, except for the V50 and S40, share no parts with any Ford or for that matter, any FoMoCo vehicle. The S60, S80, V70, and XC90 all feature their own interiors, seats, and platforms. But, they do GIVE some of their features to other FoMoCo products, like RSC (roll stability control) was given to the Navigator, Explorer, Aviator, Mountaineer, and Expedition for 05. The S40 is sort of Ford, but that's just the platform. It doesn't have the same engines, transmissions, or any interior/exterior parts with the MAZDA3 or Ford Focus.

Now onto Saab. The 9-7X is obviously not Swedish, but the 9-2X can't really be a Chevy since it's a Saab. Also, how is the 9-3 just a Chevy? Sure it shares the same platform as the Malibu, but it shares no engines, interior/exterior parts, and so-on.

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by laserwizard
    Perhaps the use of the small car platform from Mazda for an upcoming Volvo may change my mind on the contamination of Volvo (or lack thereof), but the cars that Volvo is marketing in the areas they've always been in are still VOLVO. Their new markets may or may not be pure Volvo, but bread and butter Volvos are nothing but Volvo.
    Actually the new S40/V50 are based of the C1 platform that also underpins the Mazda 3! But other than that, its still pure Volvo with the inline-5 and a completely different interior and exterior than either the 3 or the new Euro Focus.

Back on topic, though..... I'm I the only one who think this thing looks a lot like the old P1800 ES Sportwagon?

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information