GM Inside News Forum banner

Video| 2021 Bronco

7K views 80 replies 36 participants last post by  1958carnut 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I think they knocked it out of the park with this. Noticed some shade they threw at Jeep like with the body attached mirrors and no cross bar with the roof off.

#20 ·
I have to say the Bronco way exceeded even my already informed insider expectations. Seeing it in the full 360 made me absolutely smitten. It's a rare thing to see such an authentic rebirth of an icon. The design is perfect, has to be the best looking SUV ever made. I want in so badly, even though I know the vehicle is absurd overkill. It's going to be a huge seller, should help usher in a new rejection of the bland crossover commodity product. It's really the design reset I've been waiting for.

Bronco Sport will be hard for people to categorize, but it largely exists in on its own. It may directly mirror Compass or Trailblazer in footprint dimensions (not volume), but it's very different in pricing and customer appeal. Bronco Sport is surprisingly similar to EcoSport in passenger dimensions, but with WAY more cargo. EcoSport is actually very well packaged for it's short dimensions thanks to its height, which is the same story with EcoSport. People forget height is more important than footprint in an SUV.

#28 ·
IM a Wrangler Unlimited owner and Jeep fan - the Bronco looks great and does 1 thing better that I wish Jeep would fix - a simple nice looking interior. The Wranglers have continued to move more towards a "sedan" type vibe on the inside vs a more rugged technology layout. The Bronco wins hands down on the interior part for me. Everything else is a tie - Jeep still looks great to me on the outside and its clear the Bronco took alot of cues from it :)

Reactions: richmond2000
#38 ·
I am not a "truck" guy, I prefer coupes (Avista :D), but I will definitely give the 2-door consideration! Bronco Outer Banks!

BTW, the "First Edition" reservations are already FULL!

#41 ·
What impresses me most about the Bronco is that it looks like Ford drove a Jeep, lived with it for a while and said:

• what works?
  • What doesn't work?
  • How can we improve on what works?

Because of this it looks like we ended up with a product looks like they put their whole ass into it. They didn't just get spied driving the two (Bronco mules and production Wranglers) for show and put out a product that really didn't offer much more than it's competitor other than a big ass OLED on the dash while ignoring everything else. They took the concept of a Jeep and improved/cribbed from it in totality. Very impressive.

#60 ·
IFS can do just fine on suspension travel. My 1993 EB Explorer 4-door had 19" of vertical travel from full compression to full droop. We never had a reliability issue in relation to the Jeeps. Of course, the fact that it had a RR Dana 35 front helped. For comparison, the Wrangler had a Dana 35 rear.

They both have their pluses and minuses. Because each front tire on the front works independently of the other, you get that advantage from the IFS along with a stationary diff, but the solid axle, because of the articulation, can get more downward travel. Look at it this way, as one tire goes up, it forces the other tire down, on the solid axle, however, your diff moves also. You can get as much travel on an IFS, but it takes very long arms to do it, or in the case of our TTB, very long radius arms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.