GM Inside News Forum banner

Spy Shots: 2012 Chrysler 300C caught completely undisguised

9K views 108 replies 90 participants last post by  poncho1982 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Spy Shots: 2012 Chrysler 300C caught completely undisguised
Autoblog

Our intrepid spy photographers have just caught the 2012 Chrysler 300C running around completely undisguised during a promotional video shoot (hence the full tint job). Now that all of the camouflage has been removed, we can clearly see the 300's reworked front and rear fascias. Up front, Chrysler's new corporate grille is flanked by stylish headlamps that use LED daytime running lamps. Out back, the taillamps are spruced up with chrome accents and a large chrome strip that runs the length of the rear bumper. It sounds like a lot of chrome, but it's quite tasteful, and looks downright sharp on a black car like this prototype.

Much like its sister car, the Dodge Charger, expect the updated 300 to be powered by both the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 and 5.7-liter Hemi V8, with all-wheel drive available on certain models. Since Chrysler's flagship sedan is nearing the tail end of its development phase, a Los Angeles or Detroit show debut is a safe bet.

Photos at the link

#2 ·
i think it looks good. its a very simple redesign. yet its cleaner, smoother and more elegant. I think it'll look really good in person.

#4 ·
The profile reminds me of the last-gen Altima quite a bit, especially the back end. The 300-type cues carried over seem almost like stickers, the way they are laid over the shape of it all.

Overall, though, I like how smooth every visible panel and line appear. This makes it look high quality. I just wish the shape and details were more pleasing.

#24 ·
Overall, though, I like how smooth every visible panel and line appear. This makes it look high quality.
Actually, if you look at the second picture which is a front 3/4 view, the hood doesn't fit correctly and the rear door has a large gap from the rear quarter panel. I hope for Chrysler's sake, the regular production cars will have better fit and finish, otherwise, your comment will be all about looks, not actual quality...

#6 ·
I think it looks very clean. You can tell with the profile shots how they made changes to make the front end more aerodynamic. Now where is the SRT8 version? That should eliminate some of the chrome, make the grille a little larger for cooling purposes and make it look about perfect.

#7 ·
Wow that is a disappointment if I ever saw one. I like the current one far more than this. Its so bland! The back isn't so bad, but the front is completely docile.

#10 ·
I like the new tail lights

#12 ·
You guys this this looks clean? Really? I can definitely see that from the side, it's very plain there. The front looks okay, but those headlights, not impressed. I like that is had LEDs, but the shape really doesn't meld well with the shape of the body. The worst part in my opinion is the rear. It looks like a JC Whitney special!

#14 ·
Way to ruin a good looking car Chrysler. Good-bye distinctive looking American boxy front end with rectangular grille and hello melted-V generic blandness. It now looks like an Audi and a Benz got a little frisky and produced and equally generic child.

#18 ·
Though it's not, it looks smaller with the subtle styling cues. The rear deck is similarly the same length as the older one, but with the wider fenders they've created a longer look to the rear deck from certain angles.

Overall looks cleaner.

#22 ·
As I suspected, a "Boob-n-Butt" job not ulike what was done to the Deville to make it into the DTS.

It's OK.

#26 ·
I'm guessing that Snoop probably won't be buying one of these...

I could be wrong though.

#28 · (Edited)
Its gone from looking like a retro Rover to looking Mercedes-ish. I like the new rear but the front look like a Benz with an overly large Aston Martin badge. Still maybe they thought the last one was bit overboard in styling, otherwise I can see no reason for this change in style. I think too think that Snoop will be looking elsewhere.
I do get the feeling though that if I hadn't seen the first 300C I would have liked this straight away. It may grow on me.

#30 ·
Good points, Chinamonty. It looks like a Mercedes and that is a very good thing. The massive improvement in the LX comes via the A pillar and windshield that jettison the stubby look. It looks longer and more athletic and elegant. It's less ghetto, but that's a GOOD thing. Snoop dog be damned. This can compete with the Hyundai Genesis and Infiniti G series.

GMI is wrong about this being a dud. This is what the 300 should have been in 2005. Find yourself a side view of the current 300 drawn in scale - it's terrible. It only looks OK at 3/4 angles. This will hold up much better.

#33 ·
I like it. It's very beautiful and understated. Although, the front end is a bit of a shock with those huge surprised look headlights, but overall, it's nice. The grill seems a biiiiiit small though, maybe that's it. Otherwise, good job Chrysler! Can't wait to see the interior!

BTW, haters gonna hate.

#34 ·
I like it. It looks very classy with the right amount of chrome and bodylines without being Escalade-pimpy at all. I particularly like the three-quarter rear shot. The lines on the rear bumper and trunk, and the headlights and grille look elegant. This is a successful design of a modern luxury sedan. This contrasts with the Charger's new design, which is clearly meant to make it a sporty sedan. The new V6 and carryover Hemi V8 will motivate this cars appropriate to their missions. Now all they need to do is offer the 300 as a coupe and convertible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.