Review Worth Noting: "Best American Luxury Car In A Generation" - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Review Worth Noting: "Best American Luxury Car In A Generation"

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,012 Times in 1,299 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

Re: Review Worth Noting: "Best American Luxury Car In A Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    True. But...even though not by much it(the Lincoln) still did better.
    Yes it did. For myself, and take this from someone who has a real soft spot for the Aviator, it has a real presence in the road in person. I have seen XT6's in the wild, and they are very underwhelming. They could be any SUV / Crossover from any manufacturer. Especially in the front. Where I can tell a XT4 or XT5 as a Cadillac immediately, I really have to look at the XT6 to do the same. The headlight treatment and front end is just too generic. Of course, it probably didn't help that one that I saw was white. Let's just say that white isn't it's color.
    The resident "girl"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Extreme4x4 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-01-2020),Dovetonsils (06-03-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,239 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme4x4 View Post
    Yes it did. For myself, and take this from someone who has a real soft spot for the Aviator, it has a real presence in the road in person. I have seen XT6's in the wild, and they are very underwhelming. They could be any SUV / Crossover from any manufacturer. Especially in the front. Where I can tell a XT4 or XT5 as a Cadillac immediately, I really have to look at the XT6 to do the same. The headlight treatment and front end is just too generic. Of course, it probably didn't help that one that I saw was white. Let's just say that white isn't it's color.
    I wouldve loved to pick the Aviator up on a lease but I was under pressure from Mrs. Jeezy to dump our Town and ****ry 7 months before the Aviator was available.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Lincoln Nautilus

I certainly prefer Aviator, but I think the XT6 has a very attractive front-end design and the base model doesn't look conspicuously cheaper than the upper models which tends to be the case with the Aviator. But it's hard to ignore that this is a very low-aspiration product. In many ways it fills a nitch by offering a less rarified option that is a little more stylish and posh than a typical 3-row crossover, but is otherwise just a conventional midsizer. I don't think they made a bad decision, but it's not something I can really ra-ra just because it's cheaper and easier to sell. I feel like I use to do this with Lincoln all the time, and now that Lincoln is not the low-risk skin-job, I have a hard time not appreciating the Aviator.
    Last edited by BORG; 06-01-2020 at 05:13 PM.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BORG View Post
    I certainly prefer Aviator, but I think the XT6 has a very attractive front-end design and the base model doesn't look conspicuously cheaper than the upper models which tends to be the case with the Aviator. But it's hard to ignore that this is a very low-aspiration product. In many ways it fills a nitch by offering a less rarified option that is a little more stylish and posh than a typical 3-row crossover, but is otherwise just a conventional midsizer. I don't think they made a bad decision, but it's not something I can really ra-ra just because it's cheaper and easier to sell. I feel like I use to do this with Lincoln all the time, and now that Lincoln is not the low-risk skin-job, I have a hard time not appreciating the Aviator.
    I will concede that the XT6's nose is pretty, actually better looking than dare I say it the Escalade's, but like I said in all the other threads, it's proportions are godawful....and cosign on your comments about it being low-aspirational.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Andrew L's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 MKZ Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    But the XT6 is in a completely different stratosphere, it won "2019 China SUV award"...can you say the same about the Aviator?
    It also won the Greg Bots Luxury SUV of the century.
    Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
    Previous Cars
    2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
    2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
    1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew L For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (06-02-2020),Neanderthal (06-05-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
    It also won the Greg Bots Luxury SUV of the century.
    That and the Aviator was a deathtrap because the little plastic tab that covers the shift lock was missing on a few cars that rolled off the line.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 06-03-2020 at 02:26 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

Andrew L (06-03-2020),Extreme4x4 (06-02-2020)

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 659 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Engelman View Post
    "IT'S NOT A CAR" .....It's a damn SUV. What's the new habit everyone has now calling TRUCKS, cars...? This is part of the problem why we can't sell automobiles. The manufacturers want you to believe it's a car.....IT'S NOT. They want you to believe this so they can stop making real cars and shove SUV's down everyones throat.

With regard to the article.....I believe that Lincoln has their act together much more than Cadillac.... Their SUV's all have names.....they are much more luxurious than Cadillacs, even the Escalade, with the stolen dash from Escala......offer more choices of EVERYTHING..

My friend's 2019 Navigator Black Label is so much more luxurious than my 2017 Escalade Platinum that sits in the garage 95% of the time. I only drive it when my sister comes to visit from Augusta on the train (she gets a bedroom because she brings 20 suitcases and that damn cat).

The second row of seats in my Escalade looks awful because there is NO console between the seats....just a big, empty, space.......I'll have the damn thing until I die, or my sister does. Christ, if the cat died I could eliminate about six suitcases.........

Anyway, in my opinion, the Lincoln's have it all over the Cadillacs, and probably the Benz'ses too. In fact, the only SUV that I like as well as my friend's Navigator, is the Bently Bentayga, but, fortunately, I haven't lost my mind yet.........$200,000-$400,000 for a TRUCK....not me!
    The Escalade stole a dash from the Escala? You understand a brand can’t steal from itself?
    I am on the border of genius and crazy. I keep trying to cross over into genius, but ICE keeps sending me back to the crazy side of the border.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,332 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert1969 View Post
    The Escalade stole a dash from the Escala? You understand a brand can’t steal from itself?
    There's a lot he clearly doesn't understand..

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Accord Sport manual/2017/Red

But it's not a car.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by world.traveler View Post
    But it's not a car.
    If we're talking like legit cars, then itll be a toss up between the Model S and the CT6 with the S getting the edge because of how it disrupted the industry.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information