GM Inside News Forum banner

Renault-Nissan joint functions axed as alliance unravels

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  SVT74 
#1 ·
Renault-Nissan joint functions axed as alliance unravels, paper says
Staff and wire reports
June 19, 2019
autonews.com

Several Renault-Nissan joint business functions are being unwound now that former alliance chairman Carlos Ghosn is no longer in power to press ahead with the integration of the two automakers, the Financial Times reported.

Joint business areas such as light commercial vehicles, sales and marketing, and communications are dismissing staff, according to FT sources.

Ghosn's "CEO Office," which was responsible for the day-to-day running of alliance functions, is being disbanded, the paper said on Wednesday. The office is led by Renault veteran Arnaud Deboeuf, according to the alliance's web site.

Before his arrest in Japan in November on charges for suspected financial misconduct, Ghosn had pledged to "make the alliance irreversible."

CONTINUE AT LINK ABOVE

See less See more
#6 ·
I believe that NISSAN was part of the sticking point as the FRENCH WONt let the merged company become "foreign" controlled and a 3 way split of equal share between Nissan and FCA with Renault keeping 51% percent would have BAD consequences for Nissan and JAPAN INC and IMHO is NOT good for FCA or American manufacturing / labour if/when things turn down and the conglomerate is massively over capacity and profits dry up
* the FRENCH GOVT wont LET french plants close *

#7 ·
I think Nissan has been chafing under Renault for a while now. They might not have objected to the merger, but they really want a bigger stake in the deal. Lots of moving parts, and I don't think this is over. The French government still seems the largest obstacle from here. Technology licensing deals can make Nissan happy. Those can be worked out.

Guaranteeing non-competitive French automotive jobs is a much bigger hurdle. Any real business cannot go there. Yet the government is chained to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.