Refreshed Dodge Durango Spied Trying To Cover Updated Face

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Refreshed Dodge Durango Spied Trying To Cover Updated Face

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,916 Times in 958 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

The Durango has a mild-hybrid powertrain coming, too.
    JAN 13, 2020
    Chris Bruce
    motor1.com

Beyond the introduction of new trim levels, special editions, and options packages, the Dodge Durango hasn't had a major refresh since the 2014 model year. New spy shots suggest that the crossover might soon get another round of updates.

Dodge conceals the front end of this Durango. It looks like the bumper shape in the same, and this one appears to have the smaller inlet on the top like on the existing R/T and SRT. The grille seems to have a slightly boxier shape. The covering completely hides the lower fascia, but the foglights seem to be higher than on the current model. The dual headlight lamps are different, too.

The engineers don't hide anything else on this vehicle. The 4 emblem on the rear designates that this example has all-wheel drive.

CONTINUE AT LINK ABOVE

Images courtesy of, and credited to, motor1.com
    "La vita č come un albero di Natale..c'č sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nadepalma For This Useful Post:

Juche (01-18-2020),RedSkyBlackDream (01-20-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Re: Refreshed Dodge Durango Spied Trying To Cover Updated Face

Long overdue, especially if the model it going to soldier on for a few more years before a replacement makes it to market.

The Durango is a solid offering. Though an all new product would be best, you can't argue with the fact that the vehicle still sells well for what it is -- much like the Charger and Challenger do. Let's hope they don't screw it up.
    "La vita č come un albero di Natale..c'č sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nadepalma For This Useful Post:

buildacariwant (01-17-2020),RedSkyBlackDream (01-20-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,908 Times in 963 Posts

Hellcat Durango?

Hell, they should go all out and offer a Widebody package as well...345 Rubber on all 4 corners

All BS aside, they aren't going too crazy here, so far, I can see that they're adding the intakes in the grille ala Charger SP/HC.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 01-17-2020 at 05:09 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

Chassis Guy (01-17-2020),Mr.Buttons (01-20-2020),RedSkyBlackDream (01-20-2020)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Lincoln Nautilus

Durango is basically a V8 and RWD, the rest of it is incredibly outdated.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,400 Times in 2,208 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

It needs it badly. But what it needs more maybe is a whole new outfit.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nadepalma View Post
    Long overdue, especially if the model it going to soldier on for a few more years before a replacement makes it to market.

The Durango is a solid offering. Though an all new product would be best, you can't argue with the fact that the vehicle still sells well for what it is -- much like the Charger and Challenger do. Let's hope they don't screw it up.
    long overdue for a facelift? the durango had a Update in 2018 for most trims (No Crosshairs). 2021 probably gets rid of the Citadel trim infavore of Hi spec RT.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 69gtsdart For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (01-20-2020),sdotjeezy (01-17-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,908 Times in 963 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 69gtsdart View Post
    long overdue for a facelift? the durango had a Update in 2018 for most trims (No Crosshairs). 2021 probably gets rid of the Citadel trim infavore of Hi spec RT.
    Right...This is actually its 3rd Refresh on this platform. I'd like to see an improvement in interior materials this time around.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

69gtsdart (01-18-2020),RedSkyBlackDream (01-20-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Right...This is actually its 3rd Refresh on this platform. I'd like to see an improvement in interior materials this time around.
    They did, They added Leather wrapped Dashes for Citadel and SRT Trims, though more could be done in other areas to match Grand Cherokee Quality

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

For me, the greatest improvement to all of FCA's V8 rwd vehicles was going from the 5sp to the 8sp. I think is was 2015 for most of them. I wanted a non pick-up V8 rwd so bad I drove them prior to '15 and said 'hoo-hum', it doesn't do it for me, so I kept driving pick-ups. Then I drove a 8sp and the car I was driving had a 'sport' button. 'what's that?' Wow. Bought one on the spot (300), and I was so pleasantly surprised I could order it how I wanted it. Unlike the CT6 that I was probably going to buy (awd-only), hell, most RWD vehicles from all manuf. are only stocked in awd here in the NorthEast, and you can't order them. Good luck trying to get a rwd-only from them. I have been a new FCA V8-rwd fan ever since. I don't care if they are 'old'.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChrisNJ For This Useful Post:

canadian.bacon (01-21-2020),RedSkyBlackDream (01-20-2020),richmond2000 (01-22-2020)

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BORG View Post
    Durango is basically a V8 and RWD, the rest of it is incredibly outdated.

What is “incredibly outdated” about the Durango?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1999 White C5 Coupe For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (01-20-2020),richmond2000 (01-22-2020),skylark68 (01-24-2020)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,036 Times in 3,400 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Peugeot needs money, that’s means, less for Dodge, even less for Chrysler, and just enough to keep money flowing in to RAM and Jeep, what with Opel in need of products, Alfa Romeo, the list is long.. oh ,Fiat, Lancia.. so many mouths, so little money.....

Oh, yeah, Opel we were told is profitable

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

eklauss (01-20-2020)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by 69gtsdart View Post

IIRC, that '18 "facelift" was really just them adopting the former SRT-only face to the rest of the lineup. IMHO, that's not really a facelift or MCE --- just taking what was originally one one trim level and re-purposing it to all of them.

Honestly, I love the Durango, and family n' friends who have owned them can't stop raving about them. FCA's product plans have been in flux. The possible merger with PSA is only putting more plans in doubt. Manley himself has stated that some of the products produced for FCA US (Durango, Challenger, Charger, 300) are likely to get updated rather than move to all-new product platforms; such as Alfa's Giorgio platform. As such, that means we're likely to have these products around for a few more years. Rather than let these products die on the vine, it would be wise to give them a meaningful MCE/facelift to keep metal moving and customers interested.

That's just my opinion, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNJ View Post
    For me, the greatest improvement to all of FCA's V8 rwd vehicles was going from the 5sp to the 8sp. I think is was 2015 for most of them.
    That was significant. Everything I've read said the old 5-speed autobox was a mess, and the 8-speed much better sorted.
    Last edited by nadepalma; 01-19-2020 at 04:33 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to nadepalma For This Useful Post:

richmond2000 (01-22-2020)

Thanks

IIRC, that '18 "facelift" was really just them adopting the former SRT-only face to the rest of the lineup. IMHO, that's not really a facelift or MCE --- just taking what was originally one one trim level and re-purposing it to all of them.

Honestly, I love the Durango, and family n' friends who have owned them can't stop raving about them. FCA's product plans have been in flux. The possible merger with PSA is only putting more plans in doubt. Manley himself has stated that some of the products produced for FCA US (Durango, Challenger, Charger, 300) are likely to get updated rather than move to all-new product platforms; such as Alfa's Giorgio platform. As such, that means we're likely to have these products around for a few more years. Rather than let these products die on the vine, it would be wise to give them a meaningful MCE/facelift to keep metal moving and customers interested.

That's just my opinion, of course.

That was significant. Everything I've read said the old 5-speed autobox was a mess, and the 8-speed much better sorted.
    He never mentioned anything about Giorgio, because Maserati/Alfa is the Companies Luxury Division, and PSA doesnt have a Luxury Division.

Giorgio will be Everything RWD in the Future. Giorgio "Gobal" is that Architecture for Everything NOT Alfa/Maserati. there is even talks about Small US Wide (Compass) will soon be a Hybrid with Giorgio Platform (RWD Cherokee?) and Next Gen Grand Cherokee being Giorgio based.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I'm looking forward to the new Grand Wagoneer. Will it be on the same platform as Durango?

Thanks

Wagoneers = Ram 1500 Platform

27. The Following User Says Thank You to 69gtsdart For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (01-20-2020)

28. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information