New Fiat 500e Debuts With 118 Horsepower, 199-Mile Range

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: New Fiat 500e Debuts With 118 Horsepower, 199-Mile Range

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,971 Times in 972 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

It's built from the ground up to be an urban EV.
    By: Alberto Antognotti
    Translated by: Christopher Smith
    MAR 03, 2020
    motor1.com

A new era begins for the Fiat 500 with this, the new fully electric version that was designed from the ground up to be an EV. The Fiat 500e won't replace the current model, however. This is a completely new project and will be built in Turin, while the current-generation Fiat 500 with internal combustion power and hybrid powertrains will continue to be manufactured in Poland.

The timeless shape of the 500 is retained with the new model, but there are notable differences such as the thick roof pillars, the smooth bodywork, new LED headlights, and a fresh front fascia. The Fiat badge is also gone from the front, replaced with a large 500 badge in the grille. The rear is more rounded and the tailgate becomes more three-dimensional, thanks to the recess in which the plate is housed. The taillights create an E-shaped motif when illuminated to emphasize the electric nature of this runabout.

CONTINUE AT LINK ABOVE

Images courtesy of, and credited to, motor1.com

"La vita è come un albero di Natale..c'è sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nadepalma For This Useful Post:

69gtsdart (03-04-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,971 Times in 972 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Re: New Fiat 500e Debuts With 118 Horsepower, 199-Mile Range

Quote Originally Posted by motor1.com
    This is a completely new project and will be built in Turin, while the current-generation Fiat 500 with internal combustion power and hybrid powertrains will continue to be manufactured in Poland.
    Interesting to see how long the current one will be manufactured, but glad it's sticking around. It's long in the tooth, but a unique offering and can be fun to drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by motor1.com
    The Fiat badge is also gone from the front, replaced with a large 500 badge in the grille.
    There were rumors for awhile that the Fiat brand would be operated like "two brands" within the Fiat brand -- the 500 "brand" which would be a bit more upscale and "desirable", while the Panda "brand" would become the more "mainstream, people mover" brand within the house. If they are putting the 500 on the grill (which I hate, by the way), then perhaps they are moving ahead with that plan afterall.
    "La vita è come un albero di Natale..c'è sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I wonder how reliability will translate with this, no more poorly made engines and transmissions.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to canadian.bacon For This Useful Post:

Chassis Guy (03-05-2020),CJH (03-04-2020),Oldsmobile stopped (03-05-2020)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

I think this could work. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and all, but this looks better to my eyes than a Bolt. And it is the right size to appeal to city commuters as an alternative to ICE transportation.

Also what canadian.bacon said.
    Current Vehicles:
    1999 Tahoe 4x4 - daily driver
    1999 Camaro Z28 - bolt-on weekend vehicle
    2015 Equinox LTX - wife's car

CJH
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 Times in 952 Posts
    My Ride
    Audi S4, Merc GL

Quote Originally Posted by canadian.bacon View Post
    I wonder how reliability will translate with this, no more poorly made engines and transmissions.
    True, that should go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
    I think this could work. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and all, but this looks better to my eyes than a Bolt. And it is the right size to appeal to city commuters as an alternative to ICE transportation.

Also what canadian.bacon said.
    Yeah, I don't hate this at all. I could see this being fairly common in City Center's around Europe and the US East Coast.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CJH Hidden Content
    Don't be loyal to a company, be loyal to good product and service.
    Past Rides:
    Audi A6 4.2L
    QX80 - @Big Salvage Yard in the Sky
    Audi S4 2.7TT
    Durango Limited Hemi 5.7L
    Ford Explorer 5.0L
    Pontiac Grand AM 3.4L
    Chevy Corsica 3.0L
    Toyota Tercel "Turdcel"
    Ford LTD Station Wagon 5.0L "Blue Thunder"

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by canadian.bacon View Post
    With all those moving parts removed even Fix It Again Tony will be able to give Toyota's bomb proof reliable gasoline powered cars a run for thier money with it's battery powered Fiat 500e they only have the electric motor to screw up, maybe they we be to use a bomb proof PSA motor thats fitted in the Peugeot e-208 .

Goodbye Toyota?

The new Fiat 500e Prima will cost $42,700 in Europe - Fiat 500e Website for more in depth details LINK , something like a Peugeot e208 offers a superb drive, slightly better range more room, 5 doors is more practical at $20,700 half the price is better value for money. It's the retro design is all that helps the little Fiat achieve the premium price..

Last edited by Oldsmobile stopped; 03-05-2020 at 11:07 AM.
    OLDSMOBILE - "Start Something"

100 MPG Chevrolet Silverado E-REV - Fleets only still waiting.
    Hidden Content
    Cut the dependance on Arab oil, cut the trade deficit in foreign oil.

Life is to short - drive live your dream

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Buick Regal Turbo

I'll give it this: The interior is a massive improvement.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile stopped View Post
    With all those moving parts removed even Fix It Again Tony will be able to give Toyota's bomb proof reliable gasoline powered cars a run for thier money with it's battery powered Fiat 500e they only have the electric motor to screw up, maybe they we be to use a bomb proof PSA motor thats fitted in the Peugeot e-208 .

Goodbye Toyota?

The new Fiat 500e Prima will cost $42,700 in Europe - Fiat 500e Website for more in depth details LINK , something like a Peugeot e208 offers a superb drive, slightly better range more room, 5 doors is more practical at $20,700 half the price is better value for money. It's the retro design is all that helps the little Fiat achieve the premium price..

how many do they sell of the entire 208 range? in EU the 500's sell about 190K units a year.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

Quote Originally Posted by 69gtsdart View Post
    how many do they sell of the entire 208 range? in EU the 500's sell about 190K units a year.
    225,000 for the Peugeot 208. You can double the numbers if you add the Opel Corsa which is basically the same car.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile stopped View Post

Goodbye Toyota?

You know what Ralph Gilles said to businessmen Trump?

Base Pug e208 starts at almost 34 thousands of euros in Italy.
    Smaller but more premium Fiat 500 C (stands for convertible) with special launch edition called Prima which has all included starts at 38 thousands of euros.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information