GM Inside News Forum banner

Frankfurt 2019 - BMW Concept 4 Previews 2021 4 Series

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  sdotjeezy 
#1 ·
BMW Concept 4, Crazy Grille and All, Sets Stage for Next 4-Series
By: RICH CEPPOS

BMW has a long and strong design tradition, but it's also not afraid to push the walls of the styling box it's in—sometimes to a fault. The latest example of the company's styling overzealousness is the just-introduced Concept 4.

The Concept 4 is a one-off design exercise shown for the first time at the 2019 Frankfurt auto show. It's intended to signal to the world that a new 4-series coupe is on the way and that it will look something like this.

See less See more
#2 ·
My take...the overall silhouette, and rear are perfect - that grille tho, while not G6 GXP bad, is pretty bad and will take some getting used to. I get what they're trying to do which is to differentiate from the previous gen since people like to b---h about how BMWs are generic, but I think there are better ways to go about it.

Looking at the spy pic below of the production version, you can almost see that the smaller grille is a result of camo padding:

So...expect the grille to be huge, maybe not 7 series huge but huge nonetheless.

#5 ·
My take...the overall silhouette, and rear are perfect - that grille tho, while not G6 GXP bad, is pretty bad and will take some getting used to.
Ouch!

Each to his/her own, I guess.

Still can't beat the Buick Avista!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.